hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That quote is from Ian Maxwell. A guy who has been an unmitigated failure in his role at the SFA and should also resign.
    To be fair I'm not sure what is role is. I know what it should be but he can barely put a coherent sentence together.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Or someone who has numbers for a name......

Well of course you should never trust a double agent. 😇

@hibs.net private member ElginHibee's Avatar
    Who was then promoted way above his station.
    Sounds like Scottish football administration.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Has an "opportunity " in the statement writing department at Ibrox come up and it was too difficult for him to turn down?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

If anyone doubts the incompetence of Scottish referees and their use of VAR they only need to look at the two ridiculous decisions from the Motherwell Aberdeen game. To deny the Motherwell goal because the ball grazed the upper arm (shoulder) of the Motherwell player in the build-up to the goal and then deny Motherwell a penalty for a more blatant handball in the Aberdeen box was two recent examples of showing that our VAR referees clearly haven't a clue what they are doing. If the above was a minor example, I could understand the statement that's been made. However, on the back of all the wrong decisions the SFA have clearly got a bass neck for making that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    If anyone doubts the incompetence of Scottish referees and their use of VAR they only need to look at the two ridiculous decisions from the Motherwell Aberdeen game. To deny the Motherwell goal because the ball grazed the upper arm (shoulder) of the Motherwell player in the build-up to the goal and then deny Motherwell a penalty for a more blatant handball in the Aberdeen box was two recent examples of showing that our VAR referees clearly haven't a clue what they are doing. If the above was a minor example, I could understand the statement that's been made. However, on the back of all the wrong decisions the SFA have clearly got a bass neck for making that statement.
    Sportscene on Saturday night was pretty grim viewing from a refereeing perspective.

I was surprised more wasn't made of the decision to disallow Johnston's goal for Celtic too, which looked ridiculous.

We didn't even get a Rangers game at the weekend for the referees to really let themselves down.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    At the end of the season, loved this bit of gaslighting in their announcement about it

"We must work together to alleviate the unsustainable pressure on match officials and VAR operators, to remove the convenient blame culture attached to subjective or unpopular decisions, and to ensure more focus is placed on the entertainers rather than the on-field facilitators"
    So far up himself it is unreal. What did he actually do? Bit strange really poor referees seem to do incredibly well in this country. Quite how son of Dallas suddenly has a regular var job actually sums it up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibee View Post
    Referees should be made available to the press and have to explain their decisions after games. Maybe some press accountability will help, there's obviously none internally. Don't both clubs have to provide the manager and a player for the press? Can't see why a little transparency with the other major player in the match would be a bad thing.
    They absolutely should. In no other profession are key players never questioned on anything and hide away with arrogant contempt.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibee View Post
    Referees should be made available to the press and have to explain their decisions after games. Maybe some press accountability will help, there's obviously none internally. Don't both clubs have to provide the manager and a player for the press? Can't see why a little transparency with the other major player in the match would be a bad thing.

First question from our press would be “ why wis it the Gers only got 2 penalties “.

Our friend Steven McLean was var for Well Sheep game.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Sportscene on Saturday night was pretty grim viewing from a refereeing perspective.

I was surprised more wasn't made of the decision to disallow Johnston's goal for Celtic too, which looked ridiculous.

We didn't even get a Rangers game at the weekend for the referees to really let themselves down.
    The Johnston goal match footage looked totally different to the offside photo with lines.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Arrogant ****** in charge of a bunch of arrogant ******s
    That's about all that needs to be said about that statement. 👍

As I have previously said there should be an Independent Review Body that clubs can ask to review dodgy decisions. They should have the power to censure referees and award points when bad decisions cause teams to lose them.
    I know that this may be wishful thinking, but there has to be a way for clubs to complain about refereeing decisions without facing fines and bans.

@hibs.net private member
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Left by mutual consent!
    Alongside ourselves Motherwell have really been done over by VAR recently as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The Johnston goal match footage looked totally different to the offside photo with lines.
    Yeah, it was weird.

They drew the lines up for an offside earlier in the move that didn't look relevant.

He looked onside when the ball was played through to him.

A peculiar chain of events that maybe made Sportscene look more amateurish than the refs.

The are all in the Flat Earth Society, which has members all around the globe.

Same gaslighting techniques used by The Inquisition.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yeah, it was weird.

They drew the lines up for an offside earlier in the move that didn't look relevant.

He looked onside when the ball was played through to him.

A peculiar chain of events that maybe made Sportscene look more amateurish than the refs.
    It was part of the same phase of play and correctly ruled out for offside in my opinion

Didn't see it at all at the time when watching the highlights though

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Ian Maxwell is poacher turned gamekeeper and not qualified for his role in the first place - sooner he goes the better. Wonder what his opinion was on the ref’s performance at his old club Thistle recently when they had two goals incorrectly ruled out for offside and one scored against them that was offside too - all in one game!! It’s all subjective though Ian, eh 🤔

They bring on pressure themselves by not applying consistent rulings, getting the rules wrong, and not explaining decision making post game (as they should do for transparency).

@hibs.net private member
    Mike Dean or Mark Clattenburg were my first thought but it would depend on their administrative skills obviously.
    Crawford Allan and Mark Clattenburg are very good friends from when they were both one grade away from category 1. Can’t see him replacing him.

Edit - I’ve tried to find any evidence of them being on a tournament together. I’m sure they met at either the Milk Cup or a UEFA regions competition which was then refereed by prospective FIFA referees rather than those with a badge.
    Last edited by H18 SFR; 18-03-2024 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    It was part of the same phase of play and correctly ruled out for offside in my opinion

Didn't see it at all at the time when watching the highlights though

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Might well have been. It certainly wasn't obvious.

Might have been a decent one for the pundits to get their teeth into and explain though? They glossed over it somewhat.

Will be replaced by another stick throwing ******* no doubt 🙄

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Crawford Allan and Mark Clattenburg are very good friends from when they were both one grade away from category 1. Can’t see him replacing him.

Edit - I’ve tried to find any evidence of them being on a tournament together. I’m sure they met at either the Milk Cup or a UEFA regions competition which was then refereed by prospective FIFA referees rather than those with a badge.
    Clattenburg - Gladiators aside - is a referees analyst for Nottingham Forest.

As I’ve stated before Im curious about this role and whether there’s something in there that could serve Hibs.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Or someone who has numbers for a name......

16 90

No chance Clattenburg would take it, or more likely we could afford him.

Iirc he went to Saudi to head up the referring system, he would have been on mega money. Think he's now employed at Forest as referee liaison, if he leaves them he'll be offered a role at a big English club or something within the FA/Premier League.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    This news has cheered me up. An awful referee and a worse administrator. He shouldn’t be stepping down, he should be booted out for his ridiculous report on VAR performance a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Monktonhall 7 View Post
    This news has cheered me up. An awful referee and a worse administrator. He shouldn’t be stepping down, he should be booted out for his ridiculous report on VAR performance a few weeks ago.
    He's ridiculously good at awfully, administrating poor refereeing.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i had a funny feeling Allan liked the jamboids, he does look like one and,well, that name just screams one doesn't it so after a quick google one of the first sites up was a sellick fans site with some asking questions of him...from 2021

Further, in the interests of sporting integrity and to dispel any legitimate doubts re him having displayed any conflict of interest in relation to his recent radio interview, where he chose to give his personal view of matters relating to the recent Celtic v Hearts game at Celtic Park, a few questions need to be addressed and answered regarding this SFA Official.

Has Crawford Allan at any time declared any potential conflicts of interest in relation to his role at the SFA?

Is it true his wife has links to Hearts due to her employment there?

Is it true his father is a die hard Hearts supporter?

Is it true Crawford Allan has strong leanings to the Hearts Football Club (HMFC)?

If any of the above questions are indeed true, should Crawford Allan be disqualified, at the very least, of personally commentating on any matters pertaining to HMFC which could be deemed to be contentious or controversial?

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    He's ridiculously good at awfully, administrating poor refereeing.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i had a funny feeling Allan liked the jamboids, he does look like one and,well, that name just screams one doesn't it so after a quick google one of the first sites up was a sellick fans site with some asking questions of him...from 2021

Further, in the interests of sporting integrity and to dispel any legitimate doubts re him having displayed any conflict of interest in relation to his recent radio interview, where he chose to give his personal view of matters relating to the recent Celtic v Hearts game at Celtic Park, a few questions need to be addressed and answered regarding this SFA Official.

Has Crawford Allan at any time declared any potential conflicts of interest in relation to his role at the SFA?

Is it true his wife has links to Hearts due to her employment there?

Is it true his father is a die hard Hearts supporter?

Is it true Crawford Allan has strong leanings to the Hearts Football Club (HMFC)?

If any of the above questions are indeed true, should Crawford Allan be disqualified, at the very least, of personally commentating on any matters pertaining to HMFC which could be deemed to be contentious or controversial?

I worked for the same bank as him in a past life. He supported Aberdeen growing up. His wife worked in the office for Hearts AND then Hibs.