hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    They surely would all have managed to get to The Kirk this morning seeing how much it means to them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They spend money on players not the pitch and make the top six…
    The pitch isn't the problem though, it's the drainage. It's a big capital project and "unnecessary" in their eyes if they are moving. I'm not really seeing the previous over spending when they brought in players from Serie A/South America. If we don't make top 6 and they do, it's not down to their players budget.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    What season was this?
    First season of the Premier League 1975-76,!8 Oct 1975, hibs were leading 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, victory would have taken us to the top of the table, then the Celtic fans invaded the pitch from the Jungle in an attempt to get the game abandoned, which duly happened after 85 mins, reason given by ref Bobby Davidson (Airdrie) was that he couldnt see the fans on the pitch.
    Hibs protested to the SFL, but it was decided to replay the match in December, finished a 1-1 draw. So once again we got shafted.

Sevco get angry when they realise they have nothing to be angry about. **** them.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Do clubs not use covers like Wimbledon does on the tennis courts, even if just for a few hours on the bad areas when it was raining overnight?

It was only a couple of patches that were unplayable so they could have just put up a couple of gazebos over those bits. 🤔

Those patches haven’t suddenly appeared

Only the *** huns would Sky interview the referee who called the game off, and their manager

Douglas ross was to be linesman, he will be gutted, he would have had a nice little singalong with his pals this afternoon.

However the thought of watching douglas ross being gutted does give me a warm feeling. Would pay to watch that.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Cry more hun

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    And where does the water go from the gazebo?? It doesn't magically evaporate.
    The gazebo bit wasn't particularly serious which is why I put the emoji but the point is still relevant that they could maybe have done something to try and protect the bad patches. Even diverting the water away from them to areas that are draining better. The owner said there were 11 guys up at 5am with forks and sand but they ran out of time. Maybe more people, starting earlier and better equipment like squeegee rollers.

Maybe Karcher could make giant one of these.

Anyway, quite happy if Dundee being tinpot has annoyed the atillas.
    Last edited by 007; 17-03-2024 at 02:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We were in their main stand for the Scotland Women vs Northern Ireland women’s game last year and it was shocking how much of a ****hole that stand is. If there was a need to evacuate quickly **** knows how it would go - narrow corridors with lots of narrow doorways and not a lick of paint in fifty years by first appearance.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    First season of the Premier League 1975-76,!8 Oct 1975, hibs were leading 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, victory would have taken us to the top of the table, then the Celtic fans invaded the pitch from the Jungle in an attempt to get the game abandoned, which duly happened after 85 mins, reason given by ref Bobby Davidson (Airdrie) was that he couldnt see the fans on the pitch.
    Hibs protested to the SFL, but it was decided to replay the match in December, finished a 1-1 draw. So once again we got shafted.
    I was at that game.Celtic fans spilled onto the pitch early to mid second half.Took about 15 minutes to clear them off.Ref abandoned the game with less than 10 minutes to go due to fog which was barely existent.Shades scored the goal in the replayed game.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Oooft - don’t start me on that one - 51 years on and I’m still fechin piddled off about that one - Bobby Davidson I believe 😡 The great unwashed saw the fog coming so invaded the pitch - then the surprise surprise it came in - it wasn’t even that bad and with only a few minutes to go it was easy to ride out - no no no that complete erchiehole decided game aff 😡
    This was my first game at Parkheid aged 12, I remember being in tears as I made my way back to the supporters bus.

@hibs.net private member
    Easy, hypnotise a few the rangers fans and tell them its free buckfast, would be slurped up in seconds 😁

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    We were in their main stand for the Scotland Women vs Northern Ireland women’s game last year and it was shocking how much of a ****hole that stand is. If there was a need to evacuate quickly **** knows how it would go - narrow corridors with lots of narrow doorways and not a lick of paint in fifty years by first appearance.
    I played there in 1977 when I was 14 against the Dee club. I remember thinking, what a ****hole, back then. It should be condemned!!!

The angrier they are the better. Vile club.

@hibs.net private member
    Nowadays a waterlogged Dens pitch (Game off) v Back in the day waterlogged Dens pitch (Game on) IMG_5292.jpg IMG_5290.jpg IMG_5291.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Look on the bright side. They are free to fully enjoy any St Patrick’s Day celebrations in full.
    😂😂😂

If he had waited 20 minutes the game could have been restarted and finished. Was able to see Sloop sticking 2 fingers up to the jungle from where I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    A Jambo acquaintance of mine went there a few seasons ago and posted pictures from outside the ground. Weeds growing on stairways, rubbish and old advertising hoardings piled up against the outside walls and none of it looked like it had seen a paint brush since fitbaws had laces.

I know many clubs can't afford expensive renovations, but if asked fans of practically every club are willing to pitch in to help their team spruce it's place up a bit. You don't have to be bloody Van Gogh to slap a few coats of dark blue paint on the side of a wall or a stairway railing. You don't have to be Charlie Dimmock to pull up weeds, or Bob the Builder to fill a skip with rubbish for that matter. I wonder if Dundee have ever asked their fans to help out.

I wish them all the luck in the world with their new stadium .. the sooner the better by the sound of it.

As funny as it is that it happened to Rangers, this is quite ridiculous that Dundee have had this many postponements when lower league clubs in the same area are able to get games on. Dundee should be fined pure and simple for not maintaining their playing surface

Had that been at Ibrox this thread would be a 10 pager 😂

I see that Sky were willing to have the game later in the day but the SPFL would have nothing to do with it even though the pitch was likely to be ready.Must be in the Parkhead corner this week-nothing to do with the feud with Rangers of course.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    As funny as it is that it happened to Rangers, this is quite ridiculous that Dundee have had this many postponements when lower league clubs in the same area are able to get games on. Dundee should be fined pure and simple for not maintaining their playing surface
    Agree.

The only game in the professional leagues to be postponed in the UK this weekend.

An embarrassment for Dundee and not a great look for Scottish Football.

With the international break coming up when will this likely be rearranged

1st April, then ref can give a pen against rangers and go “April fool”.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Agree.

The only game in the professional leagues to be postponed in the UK this weekend.

An embarrassment for Dundee and not a great look for Scottish Football.
    Yup. Looking at the bigger picture, it's a farce from Dundee.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Steel gazebos, heatead with flame-throwers , the rain turns to steam. simple

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Yup. Looking at the bigger picture, it's a farce from Dundee.
    It is - but in a league where money isn't exactly awash, how much should they be expected to invest in improving pitch they intend to move away from asap?

Optics ain't great but I have sympathy with them.

I believe they were also very happy to wait a couple of hours and play the game later that afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It is - but in a league where money isn't exactly awash, how much should they be expected to invest in improving pitch they intend to move away from asap?

Optics ain't great but I have sympathy with them.

I believe they were also very happy to wait a couple of hours and play the game later that afternoon.
    Possibly to the degree where its not the only game at any league level in Scotland to get called off?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Possibly to the degree where its not the only game at any league level in Scotland to get called off?
    There might have been more if all games had been due to be played at midday on the Sunday though.

It was a fair amount of rain that fell on Saturday night.