hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Possibly residents in the local flats being affected ?

I think it’s one thing having football fans turn up between X hours for a game then suddenly a pop up pub being outside your windows for longer hours.

Assume it will be linked to council denying permission.
    Tough ****. It’s like folk who knowingly move near to a pub and moan about the noise at shutting time
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Tough ****. It’s like folk who knowingly move near to a pub and moan about the noise at shutting time

I live in a street next to the stadium and the moans on the street facebook page are unreal. Moaning about road closures, the noise etc. it’s like they never noticed the massive football stadium when they moved in 🙄

Amazing fan village at the San Siro last week for AC Milan v Slavia Prague .

Don’t know how to attach a pic sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

I live in a street next to the stadium and the moans on the street facebook page are unreal. Moaning about road closures, the noise etc. it’s like they never noticed the massive football stadium when they moved in 🙄

we had a friend who moved to a flat IN a marina, then started complaining about all the boats going backwards and forwards!

People are strange.

I bumped into two Feyenoord fans in the half-time pie queue. First time at ER and they both thought the atmosphere was flat. They mentioned they were surprised there was no beer available so I gave them a brief OF history lesson which led to that position. They also said that even for games against smaller teams, the atmosphere at their games was always pretty hot. I said we’d had a poor season and everybody was fairly scunnered by the way things have panned out. Nice to see some overseas visitors popping along now though.

First Team Breakthrough
    I’m a sticks and stones sort, so irrespective of what they sing, cutting the away allocation on any of the visits of the weggies or the puddle drinkers makes no sense from an atmosphere point of view. Over the years the big atmosphere standouts have been the 5-5 game against the Huns, the AEK Athens game and any game we win against them. A pretty scant reward for 29 years of season ticket purchase, so I think the St Pauli guys have a point. I went to a Bayern v Frankfurt game last Easter and the atmosphere along with the pre match beers was brilliant.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Spotted four foreign tourists wearing Hibs scarves outside the off-licence in Albion Road on Saturday just about to get into the swing of their usual match day

The atmosphere at the majority of Scottish games is poor in comparison with the games I have watched in other European countries.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    The atmosphere at the majority of Scottish games is poor in comparison with the games I have watched in other European countries.
    Thats my experience too, it takes the team performing on the pitch to get the atmosphere going. In Europe it tends to be the other way around.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I didn't go because I was in hospitality but Millwall had a warehouse next to the ground that looked like it had been converted into a fan zone that looked decent.

Due to its location, basically directly across the road from one of the corners of the stadium, it reminded me of the Wolseley place on the corner of Hawhill Avenue and St Clair Street (though the Millwall place did look a bit smaller). I wonder if the lease was ever up on that building whether the club might consider it for a fan zone. Could probably move the club offices in there too to make better use of the space that takes up in the South Stand and have ready made parking etc. for officials.

The atmosphere at Easter Road v Livi was, at times, earily quiet last Saturday. You could hear the players and coaches shouting to one another. I sit at the Dunbar End of the West Stand and there was no sound coming from the Livi support and Block Seven were intermittent. Not surprised the St Pauli fans found the atmosphere was lacking.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Thats my experience too, it takes the team performing on the pitch to get the atmosphere going. In Europe it tends to be the other way around.
    maybe there’s more competition in Europe?
    A two horse race for 25 years, ramped up saturation coverage of their every game and move…
    Officials either through incompetence, bias (unconscious, conscious) or shenanigans.
    that’ll do it…
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.