hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Four minutes time added on

Given the couple of occasions of players getting some relatively lenthy treatment I was expecting at least the 7 that was added on midweek considering there were more stoppages today.

Surprised it was only 4 and again highlights the inconsistency and general ‘changing of rules from one week to the next”

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Mentioned it at half time as well (1 minute) after three goals (all with mandatory VAR checks).

The seven minutes on Wednesday night was totally out of sync with how injury time is applied usually.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mentioned it at half time as well (1 minute) after three goals (all with mandatory VAR checks).

The seven minutes on Wednesday night was totally out of sync with how injury time is applied usually.
    We should have been looking at 13 points gained since the St Mirren debacle rather than 11, but while we can look at it and say we should still have to do better at the equaliser it’s a situation of play that should never have occurred in the first place. At the time they were sitting on the pitch with heads in hands stunned they should have been out the shower and making their way back to the bus.

@hibs.net private member
    Said the same on the match thread. The ref wasn't slow marching us back for our first throw in. Very deliberate and a wee bit telling us to watch our place.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Said the same on the match thread. The ref wasn't slow marching us back for our first throw in. Very deliberate and a wee bit telling us to watch our place.
    I thought that might have been a bit of friendly banter from the referee - did seem to be a bit of a deliberate dig about that instruction.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I clocked that as well.

The other thing from Wednesday night was the speed at which Marshall was booked for time wasting. I've lost count of the number of opposition keepers at Easter Road who get warning after warning before the card comes out. Marshall got booked immediately for it.

@hibs.net private member
    I clocked that as well.

The other thing from Wednesday night was the speed at which Marshall was booked for time wasting. I've lost count of the number of opposition keepers at Easter Road who get warning after warning before the card comes out. Marshall got booked immediately for it.
    That annoyed me too. It was also after the 7 minutes had been signalled and I can't recall us being pulled up for it before that. The referee was the only one expecting any more than 3 or 4 minutes injury time. Getting time taken out of teh referees hands is the easiest way to improve football. It is used corruptly and many times there appears to be clear motive behind whatever time is awarded. The game should stop like Rugby League after the allocated time. Any stoppages should stop the clock and then we can all see why the clock is being stopped.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That annoyed me too. It was also after the 7 minutes had been signalled and I can't recall us being pulled up for it before that. The referee was the only one expecting any more than 3 or 4 minutes injury time. Getting time taken out of teh referees hands is the easiest way to improve football. It is used corruptly and many times there appears to be clear motive behind whatever time is awarded. The game should stop like Rugby League after the allocated time. Any stoppages should stop the clock and then we can all see why the clock is being stopped.
    The irony is that I'm in favour of referees clamping down on time wasting in principle and I have no problem with them adding a bit of time on to counter it when teams do it, but it needs to be everyone and not just when we've done it. That's infuriating.

I compare it more to the 0-0 at home to Dundee - battering them and doing everything but score. Creating good chances every 30 seconds. Loads of stoppages, injuries, VAR checks, subs and Dundee players booked for time wasting - we got 3 mins injury time.

Always that tendancy to say we could play all night and not score - but late goals do happen as we well know.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    I clocked that as well.

Also fairly sure there were 2 balls on the pitch at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    There was

Its a minor point in the grand scheme of things. But the ball boys/girls seem totally confused this season about whether to chuck the ball back in play immediately or wait for the player to decide whether to retrieve the old ball. Result two balls go on pitch quite regularly. Anyone know what sort of instructions they get from the club?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Its a minor point in the grand scheme of things. But the ball boys/girls seem totally confused this season about whether to chuck the ball back in play immediately or wait for the player to decide whether to retrieve the old ball. Result two balls go on pitch quite regularly. Anyone know what sort of instructions they get from the club?
    I hope they get told to hold it for opposition and for us, throw it if the Hibs thrower signals for the ball.

I generally see the confusion where a Hibs player goes to recover the ball and our full back has requested the one from the side. There's always the old - ball from the support - getting chucked on to slow things down too.
    One Livvy player yesterday seemed convince the ball that went out should be the one thrown in. That's when the second ball appeared.

The thing that gets me is, like yesterday, the linesman is standing next to a ball about 6 inches on the pitch but signals for a player to move it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think the booking was just before that, IIRC. Would need to watch it back, but I don't think he was booked for holding it up when both balls were on the pitch. Could be wrong, though.

There was a long delay in H1, yet only 1 min added on, yet 7 mins added on at Dingwall, dont understand how they are arriving at these numbers?