hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cadden

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s about right. But some of the criticism was over the top (as always I suppose).

Not overly insightful but he kind of is what he is…a very good SPL player and one that I’m happy to have in the team.

He’s probably never going to play at a higher level than Hibs due to the flaws you highlight but that sure as hell doesn’t mean he can’t be a very good player for us.

Great to see Cadden back, his energy and work rate makes him very useful down the right hand side.

His crossing, though, is frequently very poor. An improvement in that area would be very welcome.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Great to see Cadden back, his energy and work rate makes him very useful down the right hand side.

His crossing, though, is frequently very poor. An improvement in that area would be very welcome.
    Agree with this, with the exception of a nice pass forward which led to a goal, his crossing and finishing on Saturday was poor.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    Agree with this, with the exception of a nice pass forward which led to a goal, his crossing and finishing on Saturday was poor.
    I made similar comments myself after the game in the "post mortem" with some pals. I felt that, as before, his enthusiasm and physicality tend to mask his shortcomings. I have no desire to simply pick holes in his performances, I only point out that his actual contributions to a match IMO are not as high as the praise he receives would suggest.

A few of my pals agreed with me but a slight majority did not. It hasn't changed my view on the player, only he can do that. I (sincerely) hope he does.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 19-03-2024 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    I made similar comments myself after the game in the "post mortem" with some pals. I felt that, as before, his enthusiasm and physicality tend to mask his shortcomings. I have no desire to simply pick holes in his performances, I only point out that his actual contributions to a match IMO are not as high as the praise he receives would suggest.

A few of my pals agreed with me but a slight majority did not. It hasn't changed my view on the player, only he can do that. I (sincerely) hope he does.
    I agree with this.

I think it's right to be critical where appropriate but still recognise that his general enthusiasm and intensity, aggression etc are a big plus point for the team. He leads by example in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Miller is much, much better... at doing pointless step overs and falling over.

Cadden offers much more going forward but is less able defensively.
    😂

He always shows for the ball and is keen to bring it forward. Is getting better at giving the ball to someone who can use it more productively. Has done well considering he had such a bad injury and hopefully will improve his match fitness .We all react to his enthusiasm.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    He always shows for the ball and is keen to bring it forward. Is getting better at giving the ball to someone who can use it more productively. Has done well considering he had such a bad injury and hopefully will improve his match fitness .We all react to his enthusiasm.
    I thought Cadden was actually looking up on Saturday and his delivery had improved

I read somewhere he had sat down with NM looking at how he can improve his game

Played well on Saturday was like a new signing

Lewis Miller needs bigger shorts 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Very much see it this way too, Cadden has been consistently very good since being here and offers a huge deal. Miller is still quite raw.
    All about opinions of course, but I don't rate Cadden as a good defender, he's more like Whittaker when he was younger, great going forward but often posted missing at the back. Good player to have in the squad though definitely.