hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cadden

cadden

oh my god .... how weve missed that laddie

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thought the same midweek against county, his energy and enthusiasm is a huge plus and I think his forward passing is far better than Miller, he also releases the ball a lot quicker than miller.

I was a bit critical of him before his injury but been really impressed since he’s been back.

Coaching Staff
    If anything he’s come back leaner and quicker - great to see him back.

Far better football player than Miller. Technically better and reads the game better. Less physical and that could at times make us vulnerable but it's been a joy to see him back.

@hibs.net private member
    Come back from a horrible injury as a better player.

All that time sitting with Montgomery watching video after video highlighting what he could do better must have really worked.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Breath of fresh air was looking up more and picking out spare men in good position in the box

Was bouncing about like a gazelle with boundless enthusiasm I thought to myself only a matter of time before he gets crocked as he flew into tackles but luckily did not seem too bad touch wood

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything he’s come back leaner and quicker - great to see him back.
    Quicker? I think he is still a fair bit off it and is struggling when someone played in behind.

@hibs.net private member
    Is he OK? Looked OK walking off, but a worry to see him hurt after what he has been through.

Cadds is another with a great positive attitude,guys like Boyle cadden Alfie crucial to morale and giving the team a bit of quality and character. Still think we should sign his brother as well 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    Correct

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Is he OK? Looked OK walking off, but a worry to see him hurt after what he has been through.
    Hope he is fine. I’m sure it wasn’t in the master plan that he would be heavily involved in 3 games in 6 days. I’m sure he will get a few days rest now before the next game.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I like cadden but I actually prefer Miller, Miller isn't as good on the ball but he is a better defender where as cadden is much better goi g forward, good to see us actually have options again(when Miller is fit again)

Great to have options,two versatile right backs. If we extend that to the left and sort out the centre and goalie situation going forward. Things will get a whole lot better defensively.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    I like cadden but I actually prefer Miller, Miller isn't as good on the ball but he is a better defender where as cadden is much better goi g forward, good to see us actually have options again(when Miller is fit again)
    Honestly think Cadden is much better than Miller. Miller is still young though and has plenty room to improve.
    Last edited by JohnM1875; 17-03-2024 at 09:58 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    I don’t see that, cadden isn’t the best in defence but for me Miller is a lot more rash, dives in and makes daft tackles like his booking against Ross County midweek

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Honestly think Cadden is much better than Miller. Miller is still young though and had plenty room to improve.
    Very much see it this way too, Cadden has been consistently very good since being here and offers a huge deal. Miller is still quite raw.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

If you remember, some voices were constantly criticising him before the injury because he “crossed the ball too soon”.

the way I saw it was, he was crossing the ball perfectly on time because he was trying to push the games pace, the problem was back then, our forwards were not up to his level. Now they are, both he and Youan (another unfairly criticised player) were fantastic yesterday, Youan’s assists and Cadden’s constant will to go forward were a joy to behold

always regarded him as a total bargain buy and fantastic player, and he appears to be one of us in interviews.

get both of them signed up long term sharpish!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    The player that's returned looks a better player than the pre injured version. He always had speed but the balls into the box were erratic. It wasn't uncommon to see crosses booming out the other shy line. Since his return the balls into the danger area have been consistently good. Miller's injury hopefully doesn't mean he's going to be struggling by playing too many minutes too soon. I was worried when he went off yesterday.

Big fan of Cadden ,I think he's a very good player though never seen him as a RB , more a RM . The way Monty plays though with fullbacks that push forward he will play more often as a RB .

Caddens strengths are his attacking play , crosses ,runs though defensively his games abit weak and while there's lots of games I'd play him I'd be more happier with miller against the old firm .

Good that we have two quality players for the one position though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Honestly think Cadden is much better than Miller. Miller is still young though and has plenty room to improve.
    Miller is much, much better... at doing pointless step overs and falling over.

Cadden offers much more going forward but is less able defensively.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I also prefer Cadden, Miller is just not very good at anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Big fan of Cadden ,I think he's a very good player though never seen him as a RB , more a RM . The way Monty plays though with fullbacks that push forward he will play more often as a RB .

Caddens strengths are his attacking play , crosses ,runs though defensively his games abit weak and while there's lots of games I'd play him I'd be more happier with miller against the old firm .

Modern football most teams play with attacking FB's/wingback's which suits Cadden's style of football and I for one am delighted he's back looking very sharp indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    Defence splitting pass to set up the 3rd goal was a moment of beauty.

@hibs.net private member
    Great to have two dynamic full backs that love to get forward.

Cadden and Obita are exactly the type Monty likes as described in articles before he joined us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Miller is much, much better... at doing pointless step overs and falling over.

Cadden offers much more going forward but is less able defensively.
    I agree. Miller has a few qualities, but Cadden being back is the best thing that could happen to him. He'll have to screw the nut and cut out the daft challenges/brainfarts or he's out the team. Cadden isn't brilliant at anything, but is pretty good at everything, one of those 7/10 players pretty much every week that managers love.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post

I agree with this, but it’s mainly down to the fact he’s not a very good defender.

Been pleasantly surprised by Cadden since he’s come back in to the team. Thought he did really well when he came on up at Ross County and had a really good first half on Saturday.

I’ve never thought he’s brilliant, but I do think he’s a better option than Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    If you remember, some voices were constantly criticising him before the injury because he “crossed the ball too soon”.

the way I saw it was, he was crossing the ball perfectly on time because he was trying to push the games pace, the problem was back then, our forwards were not up to his level. Now they are, both he and Youan (another unfairly criticised player) were fantastic yesterday, Youan’s assists and Cadden’s constant will to go forward were a joy to behold

always regarded him as a total bargain buy and fantastic player, and he appears to be one of us in interviews.

get both of them signed up long term sharpish!
    I think the criticism was for him picking the wrong option too often. Regularly he would cross into a space that the forward was never going to reach.

On Saturday he also picked the wrong option at times. In the second half he had an easy cut back to ALF but chose to chop on to his left foot and he lost the ball.

He’ll get credit when he chooses the right pass, as it should be.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I think the criticism was for him picking the wrong option too often. Regularly he would cross into a space that the forward was never going to reach.

On Saturday he also picked the wrong option at times. In the second half he had an easy cut back to ALF but chose to chop on to his left foot and he lost the ball.

He’ll get credit when he chooses the right pass, as it should be.
    That’s about right. But some of the criticism was over the top (as always I suppose).

Not overly insightful but he kind of is what he is…a very good SPL player and one that I’m happy to have in the team.

He’s probably never going to play at a higher level than Hibs due to the flaws you highlight but that sure as hell doesn’t mean he can’t be a very good player for us.

Coaching Staff
    The plus is that whomever plays, Cadden orMiller they both know that they have to be on their toes, as it isn’t a 16 year old laddie who is waiting to replace them.

I have no preference.

I just want whomever is playing best at the time.