hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I had us down for a 3-0 in the prediction league, i slipped the lads a few quid at halftime to ease off.

Sorry lads.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scoring 3 for the first time in the league was good, but felt we slackened off after 20 mins and the rest was a non event and a massive opportunity wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had us down for a 3-0 in the prediction league, i slipped the lads a few quid at halftime to ease off.

Sorry lads.
    Thanks . I had too

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I kind of agree with the OP here.

The team Livvi put out yesterday was probably the weakest one to visit Easter Road in the league this season and it showed. To not add to the score after half time was disappointing IMO ... It's not often you leave ER feeling a wee bit deflated after a 3 - 0 win, but I have to admit that's how I felt.

It was as if some of the players started playing for themselves rather than staying organised and looking to get a job done. EG why Cadden chose not to roll the ball to ALF who had a clear shot from about 10 yards and instead tried to force a shot from a tight angle only he will know, you could see the frustration written all over ALF's face. I'm willing to bet there was a 'chat' in the dressing room afterwards.

It's been a long time since a team visiting ER was so obviously there for the taking. If this club is to get where it want's to be an ability to ram home an advantage when it presents itself is something it has to learn. The uglies or even Hearts would probably have taken at least 5 off of that team, possibly more.
    I was also disappointed we didn’t go and get another couple. The players definitely started doing things they wouldn’t have at 0-0.

But, there’s a bit of mitigation as well. 3 games in less than 6 full days. Having to bring the likes of Jair on for Maolida significantly lessens the goal threat. The other changes generally weakened us as well. The clean sheet also helps the goal difference as well and isn’t something we get very often.

3-0, no injuries to key players Vs a team of big hammer throwers. More important than bursting a gut for goal difference imo.