hibs.net Messageboard

80’s share issue ad

Anyone know if this is on YouTube? Had a search but couldn’t see it. Think Steve Archibald and Collins are in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    For some reason I've had it sent to me twice in the past week. Must be doing the rounds again:
    https://x.com/ottawascot/status/1767235869230928140?s=48&t=66nrwYXFRVykuugjigszyA

Thanks lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone able to tell me what happened to those shares I bought in the hands of Hibs era?

i seem to remember getting 400 shares for £200.?

not worried about the outlay obviously, just curious, do I remember some kind of book with names of the buyers?

the old brain is having trouble reaching back to those crazy times, seeing mercer again in that documentary has got my blood boiling again, its like seeing thatcher again! Might have to go to a gym somewhere and have a few hours on the punch bag

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone able to tell me what happened to those shares I bought in the hands of Hibs era?

i seem to remember getting 400 shares for £200.?

not worried about the outlay obviously, just curious, do I remember some kind of book with names of the buyers?

the old brain is having trouble reaching back to those crazy times, seeing mercer again in that documentary has got my blood boiling again, its like seeing thatcher again! Might have to go to a gym somewhere and have a few hours on the punch bag
    The shares became worthless but STF gave all shareholders the equivalent amount of shares when he took over the club. If you check companies house there is a list of current Hibernian FC shareholders. You should be on that list

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    The shares became worthless but STF gave all shareholders the equivalent amount of shares when he took over the club. If you check companies house there is a list of current Hibernian FC shareholders. You should be on that list
    That’s what happened- I got mine and a new share cert.

Hope the OP doesn’t get too excited about their value though 🤭

The value is irrelevant for me - it’s all about having them.

I recently transferred half of them over to my daughter so the OP could do something like that if they wanted to 🤔
    Last edited by scm70nyd1973; 18-03-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    That’s what happened- I got mine and a new share cert.

Hope the OP doesn’t get too excited about their value though ��

The value is irrelevant for me - it’s all about having them.

I recently transferred half of them over to my daughter so the OP could do something like that if they wanted to ��

I still have the cert, I just assumed they became void, thanks for the heads up, although for me, and many others it was all about the club needing support at the time, I would have given the dosh without any shares to keep that rat mercer out of hibs, don’t get me started on that one again… I can feel my blood boiling just typing his name!

I remember all the fans from other clubs rallying round, I wonder what would happen now, you would hope as football fans, we would support each other.
    Last edited by Albert Kidd 86’; 18-03-2024 at 11:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    I still have the cert, I just assumed they became void, thanks for the heads up, although for me, and many others it was all about the club needing support at the time, I would have given the dosh without any shares to keep that rat mercer out of hibs, don’t get me started on that one again… I can feel my blood boiling just typing his name!

I remember all the fans from other clubs rallying round, I wonder what would happen now, you would hope as football fans, we would support each other.
    Imagine if that was to happen in today’s day and age? Mercer’s plan would never have got off the ground.