hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thoughts on the manager

Another disappointing performance in a poor season for us, tonight summed up a manager who does not know how to win football matches.
    The starting line up was never going to frighten Ross County, Marcondes CF... seriously???? Levitt starting???? Why???? Took 45 mins to hook Levitt and put Marcondes back to his proper position, and bring on a recognised CF. Team starts to play better in the second half, who'd have thought!!!!
    So we manage to score two good goals and put ourselves into a winning position, into injury time he brings on sleepy Hanlon to pick up Simon Murray, result Murray left alone to have a shot well saved by Marshall, then sets up the winning goal in the space of 5 minutes...so another Desmond and we slide back into the bottom six..... seen this movie umpteen times this season, this manager has not got it in my opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another disappointing performance in a poor season for us, tonight summed up a manager who does not know how to win football matches.
    The starting line up was never going to frighten Ross County, Marcondes CF... seriously???? Levitt starting???? Why???? Took 45 mins to hook Levitt and put Marcondes back to his proper position, and bring on a recognised CF. Team starts to play better in the second half, who'd have thought!!!!
    So we manage to score two good goals and put ourselves into a winning position, into injury time he brings on sleepy Hanlon to pick up Simon Murray, result Murray left alone to have a shot well saved by Marshall, then sets up the winning goal in the space of 5 minutes...so another Desmond and we slide back into the bottom six..... seen this movie umpteen times this season, this manager has not got it in my opinion.
    He is a clown

I don’t understand how Adam le Fondre a fox in the box sat on the bench and it took for that disgrace of a first half to consider putting him on.

Against Rangers marcondes didn’t work, Monty doesn’t help himself at times.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The first half "tactics" and general playing style suggests to me the game is up, too slow to change it and questionable game management - again.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Tactically inept and by the way he talks about the games afterwords he sounds like he wouldn’t inspire anyone in dressing room. Constantly using the same words.

I've been one of his most vocal critics on here but since the St Mirren game we've been ok. We've done the bare minimum required since that game other than tonight. That is somewhat encouraging.

The problem is it shouldn't have got to this stage. Scraping to get in the top six is embarrassing and that's on Montgomery. Through his stubbornness we find ourselves where we are.

Big decision for the board to make in the summer. I think that'll be when a decision will be made on him.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Tactically inept and by the way he talks about the games afterwords he sounds like he wouldn’t inspire anyone in dressing room. Constantly using the same words.
    Yeah, you know, these are big moments, yeah, no.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Yeah, you know, these are big moments, yeah, no.
    ‘I thought’

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    For the most part I feel for him as I think he’s been absolutely shafted by a run of bad decisions like I’ve never seen before, there’s been a number of games recently that I find it hard to be critical of him, despite dropping points.

That said, there’s other times, like the team selection tonight and playing Marcondes up front and the St Mirren game I’ve never erased from my memory that was incredibly bad.

I don’t think he’ll be here next season but I have a bit sympathy for him.

I like him.

He’s made us better.

Not without his faults.

If we don’t get to 6 then a very serious conversation needs to be had but if he does then he gets next season for me.

We have to win on Saturday. By the time you get to this stage it is quite literally a must win game.

Under Johnson at the start of the season we looked really good going forward but couldn’t defend.

Monty has come in and slowed our attacking plays right down and we still can’t defend.

The fact the player he signed to supposedly help our defence has turned out to be a better midfielder says it all.

Bored out my mind watching Hibs most weeks now.

We are playing in a poor league and scraping for a top 6 place not good enough also it must be hard to get motivated by the manager dull as dishwater

It’s always darkest just before the dawn…. I believe he can deliver.

I’ll get ma coat!

Genuinely think there is something in there but unless he wins a few he will go the way of many others before him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I like him.

He’s made us better.

Not without his faults.

If we don’t get to 6 then a very serious conversation needs to be had but if he does then he gets next season for me.

We have to win on Saturday. By the time you get to this stage it is quite literally a must win game.
    This!

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    An absolute imposter.
    And completely void of charisma.
    Sounds like an imbecile in his interviews - proves it with his management.

Times up surely, still shipping in soft goals every week, can’t win big games (OF, cup ties, derby). Get McInnes in and give him the cash to spend, we can’t seriously be planning to give this guy millions to spend surely to god.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    An absolute imposter.
    And completely void of charisma.
    Sounds like an imbecile in his interviews - proves it with his management.
    You are right worst manager since Calderwood

I like him and I can see improvements.

If we get top 6 he should be given the summer to sort out the defence and get some good new blood in the team. The players he brought over January have been a big improvement and I'd like him to be able to build on that.

If we get bottom 6 he has to go.

I like him.

He’s made us better.

Not without his faults.

Agreed

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    You are right worst manager since Calderwood
    Sorry I have should have said Butcher

get rid, i want want a manager that trys to win games not pass pass pass until we go 1 nil down, All these bad decisions and its the same tripe that he comes out with every week get a manager in that is going to fight for us.

I feel really ambivalent towards the guy. He doesn’t really inspire, but he’s pretty inoffensive at the same time.

If I’ve got a criticism is he’s far too cautious and he’s a bit like Heckingbottom in that he seems to want to get to half time 0-0 and see what happens after that, it’s all a bit insipid for me.

Top 6/bottom 6 it’s all really about next season for Hibs now, and wherever we finish I somehow don’t think he’ll be there as the manager to usher in this new era at the club that we’re being promised.
    Last edited by Scotty Leither; 13-03-2024 at 09:39 PM.

I like him.

He’s made us better.

Not without his faults.

Made us better from when? The St Mirren game? We have regressed a fair bit from last season under a different manager who wasn't particularly good.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    My thoughts on the manager are that we need a new one.

We were terrible in the first half but it looked like we did enough to win the game in the end with a good second half performance. I couldn't believe the referee added 7 mins on. The manager should have got away with one. The amount of refereeing decisions that have went against us in the last couple of months has really stopped us from making any progress. I wasn't impressed by the manager previously but I think since he's changed the formation and set up of the team we have been pretty good and we would be in a much better position if we hadn't been on the wrong end of so many bad refereeing decisions.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    My thoughts on the manager are that we need a new one.
    Could not agree more it has been obvious for weeks

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Made us better from when? The St Mirren game? We have regressed a fair bit from last season under a different manager who wasn't particularly good.
    I was going to ask the same question

Has he actually made us better though?

mcinnes please

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Only one thought, he won't be missed!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    It’s always darkest just before the dawn…. I believe he can deliver.

I’ll get ma coat!

Genuinely think there is something in there but unless he wins a few he will go the way of many others before him.
    Churchillian 👌