hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How was it wrong? The fans could see it didn't work. The media could see it didn't work. The results showed it didn't work. So in what way was he not naive?

https://www.hibsobserver.co.uk/tacti...g-players-442/
    If you aren't willing to read his interview piece properly and understand what he said there is not point talking about it. There is nothing naive about what he was trying to do and he's covered that countless times. The "media" constantly tell us the wrong set up and system we are playing and many fans just take their feed from that. We have lost just a many games playing 4231 or 433 or any other starting line up as we have when we started as a 442. He knows better than any of us what was required.

He is very clear in what he was trying to do prior to getting the new players in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    If you aren't willing to read his interview piece properly and understand what he said there is not point talking about it. There is nothing naive about what he was trying to do and he's covered that countless times. The "media" constantly tell us the wrong set up and system we are playing and many fans just take their feed from that. We have lost just a many games playing 4231 or 433 or any other starting line up as we have when we started as a 442. He knows better than any of us what was required.

He is very clear in what he was trying to do prior to getting the new players in.
    I prefer to believe my eyes rather than a manager (and this apples to every manager) who justified themselves retrospectively.

I prefer to believe my eyes rather than a manager (and this apples to every manager) who justified themselves retrospectively.
    Out of interest,how would you have had us playing? What players in what formation and what style? How would you have adapted it to suit certain opposition and what changes would you have made mid game if it wasn't working?

How would you have changed it to cope with the injuries and players away at the Afcon and Asian cups?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Serious question:

Do we actually have many qualified coaches on the forum?

It’s interesting seeing some of the managerial/coaching insights towards how Hibs are setup - seen that on Twitter/YouTube as well as the HibsObserver (which appears to be at times too much info!).

How much time does NM devote to the dev squad, 121 coaching and opening up pathways, building the right culture at the club? Things very much needed but will have a lag factor on some fronts til you see improved outcomes.

It interesting to read the headline from Radcliffe at ManU - he won’t splash the cash on a couple of outstanding players. Perhaps a reflection on the need for teams to be first and foremost - a team. Maybe the superstars get in the way? What was Rashford thinking in Dublin ? Disrespected the team. Cardinal sin that.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Serious question:

Do we actually have many qualified coaches on the forum?

It’s interesting seeing some of the managerial/coaching insights towards how Hibs are setup - seen that on Twitter/YouTube as well as the HibsObserver (which appears to be at times too much info!).

How much time does NM devote to the dev squad, 121 coaching and opening up pathways, building the right culture at the club? Things very much needed but will have a lag factor on some fronts til you see improved outcomes.

It interesting to read the headline from Radcliffe at ManU - he won’t splash the cash on a couple of outstanding players. Perhaps a reflection on the need for teams to be first and foremost - a team. Maybe the superstars get in the way? What was Rashford thinking in Dublin ? Disrespected the team. Cardinal sin that.
    There's a few certainly. Not sure they are the ones who constantly make the comments about whats going wrong why its.going wrong, and how to fix things.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

True - though I think almost 16,000 could see that 442 with an engine room of dylan levitt, 2 wingers & Joe newell was leaving JN to the dogs, a fast track to bottom 6 results

Fair play to monty for changing it but I query why St Johnstone away wasn't Rock bottom / time for change. It cost us a lot of points in a busy december

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Out of interest,how would you have had us playing? What players in what formation and what style? How would you have adapted it to suit certain opposition and what changes would you have made mid game if it wasn't working?

How would you have changed it to cope with the injuries and players away at the Afcon and Asian cups?

I would have played a clear three in the middle. I get that his hands were tied by injuries and Afcon didn't help, but pretty much every manager in the league has injuries. That's the nature of being a manager, to resolve those issues.

And I'm not the manager of Hibs, so it's not really up to me to decide what systems we play. But anyone with eyes could see we were being overrun in midfield for months. That isn't tactics, that stupidity.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    True - though I think almost 16,000 could see that 442 with an engine room of dylan levitt, 2 wingers & Joe newell was leaving JN to the dogs, a fast track to bottom 6 results

Fair play to monty for changing it but I query why St Johnstone away wasn't Rock bottom / time for change. It cost us a lot of points in a busy december
    Spot on. I'm no tactical genius and don't profess to be. But I can see when a system isn't working.

I would have played a clear three in the middle. I get that his hands were tied by injuries and Afcon didn't help, but pretty much every manager in the league has injuries. That's the nature of being a manager, to resolve those issues.

And I'm not the manager of Hibs, so it's not really up to me to decide what systems we play. But anyone with eyes could see we were being overrun in midfield for months. That isn't tactics, that stupidity.
    "his hands were tied with injuries and afcon etc" But you then claim he was just being stupid. Dearie me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    "his hands were tied with injuries and afcon etc" But you then claim he was just being stupid. Dearie me.

Look, you're obviously his biggest fan, so there's not much point debating him with you. I'm open to changing my mind on him, I want him to succeed, I just don't feel it's very likely. Here's hoping I'm in the wrong. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

The engine room with Levitt and Newell was a massive part of the problem which imo because it wasn't winning control of the midfield in games was putting extra pressure on the defence too .

That and Boyle playing more central at times and with a poacher playing totally out of position as a 10 too were factors as well . We did have injuries , players away on international duty etc were Monty didn't have the players available though sticking with something that wasn't working was a mistake .

Did it cost us a lot of points in December though ? . Five games I make it we had in that period , 2 wins and 3 defeats one of which was to Celtic away , hertz at home which we were really unlucky in and the St Johnstone one you mentioned which was one of our worse results /performances this season.

Would getting rid off Monty after the saints away game been anyway beneficial too us then ? , would we have got Triantis ? . I think we can all see the improvement in the teams performances of late since the January signings have settled in .

I've changed my tune about Monty making the top 6 tbh even though it's probably a totally unpopular opinion I think we should stick with him wither he makes it or not now and allow him the summer to rebuild and have a pre season . I'm sure we have already started working on potential transfer targets he wants at this stage , getting rid of the manager now or at the end of the season will only put us backwards again imo .

Heard from a very good source today that Montgomery is leaving at the end of the season.

Rumours that he/his family have not settled are close to the mark. Ian Gordon & Kensell not working that hard to persuade Montgomery to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Heard from a very good source today that Montgomery is leaving at the end of the season.

Rumours that he/his family have not settled are close to the mark. Ian Gordon & Kensell not working that hard to persuade Montgomery to stay.
    Heard it is between Lennon or Roy Kean.

First Team Breakthrough

Your very good source is.come on ,name your source.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Given the resources at his disposal including a raft of quality loan signings in January , to be scratching about trying to finish the season in the top half of the league iat this stage of the season is just not good enough.

If he fails to get us into the top 6 he wont have a say in his future at the club.

If that is true then Michael O'Neill for me 👍

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Heard it is between Lennon or Roy Kean.
    Not heard that tbh.

Not a huge surprise, probably for the best for both parties.

Don't see that being true tbh.

Why would we bother keeping him in charge for the rest of the season if that was the case? We would be as well putting Gray in charge. Not to mention the fact he was talking about rebuilding for next season just the other day.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

His wife and daughter were in the hibs end today. They’ve only been here 3 months according my source. Not a long time to settle is it?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Don't see that being true tbh.

Why would we bother keeping him in charge for the rest of the season if that was the case? We would be as well putting Gray in charge. Not to mention the fact he was talking about rebuilding for next season just the other day.
    Saves compensation?

In all honesty if that's the case then I think it would be a beneficial get out of jail clause for everyone involved. That said if NM was to leave without getting Top 6 I'm not hugely sure he'd look that attractive for a new job that isn't a bit of a jobber League 1 or 2 job.

Strange you’ve posted this as I heard similar yesterday. Wife/kids wants back to Oz is what I heard.

Cant blame them

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Hoping this is the case.

Would be best for all parties involved

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Strange you’ve posted this as I heard similar yesterday. Wife/kids wants back to Oz is what I heard.

Cant blame them
    Why can't you blame them?

Funny that, I heard completely the opposite , also from a very good source

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Hoping this is the case.

Would be best for all parties involved
    Why would it be best for all parties?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    NM could leave without being officially sacked and we can look for a new manager.

For what it's worth I think he'll be given next season regardless of top six, not that I agree with that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    A failing manager leaves off his own accord saving the club compensation and saving him having a sacking on his CV?