Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't normally ask, but link?
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ngers-32328293
    Sorry but here is the link.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just add £20 to season tickets & an extra of £1 to match day tickets on the proviso that Rangers and Celtic get 1000 tickets. That should help cover any financial loss.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    You can add me to that. You know my name anyway so won't PM 🙂
    Excellent, exact same as Dave! I'm a ST holder but even if I didn't live in London I would not go to ER when The Rangers are there.

PM sent

If we ban them the loss in ticket sales is approx £140000, based on the projected turnover of £15m its less than 1% of turnover

So is it a huge hit in the grand scheme of things to make a stand.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 11-03-2024 at 05:26 PM.

100% Back This

Quote Originally Posted by HNA1 View Post
    There seems to be a real strength of feeling among our fans that the singing and general behaviour from the Rangers support last night crossed a further line. The admin team have discussed this and feel we are in a position to coordinate a collective response that may carry a bit more weight with the club compared to individual emails. We want to make it clear this email and letter will only be on behalf of those who request to be included, it is not being sent on behalf of the site as a single entity.

We feel this will carry more weight if sent using real names, we understand people may not be comfortable posting these on an open forum so if you wish to be included please PM this admin account and we will have you included. Please also add the names of any friends and family who would like to be included. If you are a ST holder and would like that information included as well, again let us know.

The text of the email and letter we will be sending is below and we aim to send this before the game on Wednesday evening please let us know by 11am on Wednesday morning.

We are writing on behalf of the below signed Hibernian supporters to highlight the behaviour of the Rangers support at the game played on Sunday March 10th 2024 which was a clear breach of the clubs official policy regarding behaviour within our home stadium as quoted below.

'Disorderly conduct includes; · Conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely or is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
    · Colour, race, nationality, (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin.
    · Membership, or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social cultural group with perceived religious affiliation'

Such behaviour is not an anomaly and is a repeated pattern stretching back decades. Rather than gradually improving over the years it is becoming worse. Whilst we accept the club cannot act on the wider issues in society, you are able to act on behaviour within our stadium. Extensive investigations into other incidents earlier this season and last season are evidence there is a will to tackle bigotry in certain circumstances. Listening to the songs of hatred being sung loud and clear from the Away stand is not only offensive , it is a continuing deterrent to some families within the Hibs support who simply will not attend when Rangers are the visitors. It also has a negative impact on the match day experience of those supporters who do attend.

We are asking the club to clarify why there is a reluctance to act on or even acknowledge such behaviour from supporters of Rangers FC? In the recent past this has included vile and threatening abuse of managers, players and other club employees and a further example of this was heard last night when one of our players was clearly seriously injured.

We are calling on Hibs to move on from the silence that has for too long typified the response to sectarianism and anti Irish racism in Scottish football. We ask the club to be true to it's own policy detailed above and to it's own stated zero tolerance policy on bigotry and sectarianism, a policy which is read out before every home game. This behaviour continues because no club is willing to challenge it publicly and the time has come for change.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Well done, totally support this. Pm on way

Im In PM sent

Add me please

First Team Breakthrough Svengali's Avatar
    PM sent. S

Add me please.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    PM sent

@hibs.net private member
    PM sent. Very much support this action. In the same way I would support Hearts taking action against our support, following the dreadful behaviour by some at the derby, this needs sorted out. The vile chant was only one of many abuses we have put up with for decades.

I am dead against banning opposition support from games all together. That said, I would like the club to ban the the rangers fans from our next game v them. This, on the understanding that they would be welcome back in increasing numbers from next season. Provided they showed improvement in behaviour they would go back to having the whole stand. The atmosphere at football needs fans of both clubs but that atmosphere has become unacceptably toxic.

To paraphrase Kevin Keagan, I would love it if the game they were barred from proved to be the title decider.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I think from the discussion at the AGM there is definitely a will from the club to do something about it. I don’t expect this to just be brushed under the carpet.

PM sent, hope this gets something done

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    PM sent. Thank you!

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    PM sent

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I think from the discussion at the AGM there is definitely a will from the club to do something about it. I don’t expect this to just be brushed under the carpet.
    Definitely in full agreement with this. I expect the letter to be pushing against an open door from within he club. I fully expect the barriers to come from SPFL and SFA.

It has become common for teams to walk off when players are racially abused. This behaviour is racist but with a sectarian twist. It’s time for action across Scottish football.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 11-03-2024 at 05:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    About time. The club should be embarrassed for themselves it has come to this without them acting before now. Could have been avoided if they’d done the right thing and not put Old Firm £s before morals. Hibs, and every other board in the league outside the OF, have allowed this sectarianism/ anti Irish racism go on unchallenged and swept under the manky carpet for far too long. This would’ve been put to bed way before now had it been about skin colour for example.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Definitely in full agreement with this. I expect the letter to be pushing against an open door from within he club. I fully expect the barriers to come from SPFL and SFA.
    Going further I’d like to see all the clubs come together to start asking hard questions about the behaviour of the OF and calling out the number of questionable decisions they get from officials on pretty much a weekly basis. If there is a will changes can happen.

Count me in. PM sent.

Count me in PM sent

First Team Breakthrough
    Count me in hate this sectarian vitricol

Count me in! PM sent.

First Team Regular Falkirk Hibby's Avatar
    Many thanks for taking the time and effort to collate this. For far too long we have been angered, dismayed and disgusted by the behaviour of the majority of visiting rangers support and hope this is the start of a momentum for change.

PM sent

Coaching Staff
    Good stance to take and fully supportive - I’d have so also asked to see the last four match (supposedly impartial) delegate reports for our games v The Rangers to examine whether the sectarian signing in particular was highlighted. I’d also do a FOI to see if it’s been logged on the police incident logs.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    If we ban them the loss in ticket sales is approx £140000, based on the projected turnover of £15m its less than 1% of turnover

So is it a huge hit in the grand scheme of things to make a stand.
    Agreed but some things are more important than money. This is one of them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Count me in hate this sectarian vitricol

@hibs.net private member
    Think this has broken just late for the early evening news programs but all least BBC covered Martin Boyle’s injury.