hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PM sent.

If it was Moriah-Welsh down unconscious and those animals were singing Die Black ******** then action would already have been taken. It's Anti-Irish racism and its time the complicit, senile ********s at the top of our game are made to sweat whenever they sing it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

PM sent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There seems to be a real strength of feeling among our fans that the singing and general behaviour from the Rangers support last night crossed a further line. The admin team have discussed this and feel we are in a position to coordinate a collective response that may carry a bit more weight with the club compared to individual emails. We want to make it clear this email and letter will only be on behalf of those who request to be included, it is not being sent on behalf of the site as a single entity.

We feel this will carry more weight if sent using real names, we understand people may not be comfortable posting these on an open forum so if you wish to be included please PM this admin account and we will have you included. Please also add the names of any friends and family who would like to be included. If you are a ST holder and would like that information included as well, again let us know.

The text of the email and letter we will be sending is below and we aim to send this before the game on Wednesday evening please let us know by 11am on Wednesday morning.

We are writing on behalf of the below signed Hibernian supporters to highlight the behaviour of the Rangers support at the game played on Sunday March 10th 2024 which was a clear breach of the clubs official policy regarding behaviour within our home stadium as quoted below.

'Disorderly conduct includes; · Conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely or is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
    · Colour, race, nationality, (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin.
    · Membership, or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social cultural group with perceived religious affiliation'

Such behaviour is not an anomaly and is a repeated pattern stretching back decades. Rather than gradually improving over the years it is becoming worse. Whilst we accept the club cannot act on the wider issues in society, you are able to act on behaviour within our stadium. Extensive investigations into other incidents earlier this season and last season are evidence there is a will to tackle bigotry in certain circumstances. Listening to the songs of hatred being sung loud and clear from the Away stand is not only offensive , it is a continuing deterrent to some families within the Hibs support who simply will not attend when Rangers are the visitors. It also has a negative impact on the match day experience of those supporters who do attend.

We are asking the club to clarify why there is a reluctance to act on or even acknowledge such behaviour from supporters of Rangers FC? In the recent past this has included vile and threatening abuse of managers, players and other club employees and a further example of this was heard last night when one of our players was clearly seriously injured.

We are calling on Hibs to move on from the silence that has for too long typified the response to sectarianism and anti Irish racism in Scottish football. We ask the club to be true to it's own policy detailed above and to it's own stated zero tolerance policy on bigotry and sectarianism, a policy which is read out before every home game. This behaviour continues because no club is willing to challenge it publicly and the time has come for change.
    Singing”Die you Fenian ******* as Boyle was carried of on a stretcher. How low can you get. Count me in with your post

The letter is very well written, might I suggest including the actual phrase that was sung towards Boyle? Something about when you see it written down...

We are at the point where supporters, fans with young families are talking about not going to Rangers games. We are asking supporters to renew their season tickets. If supporters are missing home games against Rangers and potentially Celtic will fans decide to to renew and buy tickets game to game?

Oh and very good email/letter
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 11-03-2024 at 03:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Can you send another one about the refs/var and inconsistent decisions between the old firm and Hibernian please

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    It’s said support that influences the refs.
    And who the refs support.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Happy to put my name to it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    PM sent well done this is long overdue

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Done. As I said in my message they also need reminded that folk, like me, will still not have bought their STs yet. This could have a bearing on whether they do or not. The hun behaviour and Scottish footballs overt favouring of one team is genuinely making me consider why to bother. Good luck with this tho

First Team Breakthrough
    There seems to be a real strength of feeling among our fans that the singing and general behaviour from the Rangers support last night crossed a further line. The admin team have discussed this and feel we are in a position to coordinate a collective response that may carry a bit more weight with the club compared to individual emails. We want to make it clear this email and letter will only be on behalf of those who request to be included, it is not being sent on behalf of the site as a single entity.

We feel this will carry more weight if sent using real names, we understand people may not be comfortable posting these on an open forum so if you wish to be included please PM this admin account and we will have you included. Please also add the names of any friends and family who would like to be included. If you are a ST holder and would like that information included as well, again let us know.

The text of the email and letter we will be sending is below and we aim to send this before the game on Wednesday evening please let us know by 11am on Wednesday morning.

We are writing on behalf of the below signed Hibernian supporters to highlight the behaviour of the Rangers support at the game played on Sunday March 10th 2024 which was a clear breach of the clubs official policy regarding behaviour within our home stadium as quoted below.

'Disorderly conduct includes; · Conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely or is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
    · Colour, race, nationality, (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin.
    · Membership, or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social cultural group with perceived religious affiliation'

Such behaviour is not an anomaly and is a repeated pattern stretching back decades. Rather than gradually improving over the years it is becoming worse. Whilst we accept the club cannot act on the wider issues in society, you are able to act on behaviour within our stadium. Extensive investigations into other incidents earlier this season and last season are evidence there is a will to tackle bigotry in certain circumstances. Listening to the songs of hatred being sung loud and clear from the Away stand is not only offensive , it is a continuing deterrent to some families within the Hibs support who simply will not attend when Rangers are the visitors. It also has a negative impact on the match day experience of those supporters who do attend.

We are asking the club to clarify why there is a reluctance to act on or even acknowledge such behaviour from supporters of Rangers FC? In the recent past this has included vile and threatening abuse of managers, players and other club employees and a further example of this was heard last night when one of our players was clearly seriously injured.

We are calling on Hibs to move on from the silence that has for too long typified the response to sectarianism and anti Irish racism in Scottish football. We ask the club to be true to it's own policy detailed above and to it's own stated zero tolerance policy on bigotry and sectarianism, a policy which is read out before every home game. This behaviour continues because no club is willing to challenge it publicly and the time has come for change.
    Count me in

PM sent. The singing while one of our players was lying unconscious was the final straw for me.

I've signed.

I'm going to regret this but ...

Would dotnet accept a list of names from the HibeesBounce?
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've signed.

Why not?

I've signed.

That's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Why not?
    Just doing what I think is right by applying for permission from Admin.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Pm sent

First Team Breakthrough
    Pm sent

I've signed.

I was going to say The Bounce admins and .net could surely combine forces here.

PM has duly been sent, the Huns behaviour in the stands is where we should focus our collective ire/efforts because there's a feasible vehicle that can enact change if they do wish as far as league ticket allocations etc go - the club.

I've signed.

Of course.

As said in the OP it's not restrictive to members of the site or on behalf of the site. It's for all fans.

The more the merrier.

Count me in

Why not?
    Fair enough. Sorry, my response appeared terse - wasn't meant to be.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    My support added.

Of course.

As said in the OP it's not restrictive to members of the site or on behalf of the site. It's for all fans.

The more the merrier.
    Thanks. I'll make sure the list is 8n on time.
    Space to let

Fair enough. Sorry, my response appeared terse - wasn't meant to be.
    No terseness taken 😆
    Space to let

First Team Breakthrough
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by DunblaneHibby View Post
    Count me in
    and me. P M sent
    Last edited by Weststandwanab; 11-03-2024 at 03:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    PM sent.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Pm sent

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Count me in please…what do I need to do?