hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    It obviously refers to the statement Hibs put out, dont see what the overreaction is all about.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It obviously refers to the statement Hibs put out, dont see what the overreaction is all about.
    Must be a quiet news day in hibsnetland.

When we started Let's Work Together in 2012, we immediately came up against the culture clash of supporters vs directors.

Our reps were motivated professionals / business people who regarded Hibernian FC as belonging to the supporters and the board and management as the current custodians.

They on the other hand regarded the club as 'theirs' with an inherent assumption that all the brains and business expertise lay in their hierarchy. Contributions from supporters were initially given a patronising response until a couple of directors realised we had proposals and solutions they hadn't thought of.

I would file McPherson's reply under 'Condescending' - "We've got this"

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

I would file McPherson's reply under 'Condescending' - "We've got this"
    Don't see it that way at all. The press were quick to contort Hibs "Enough is Enough" statement any which way they could.

Any more detail to the reply to the hibs.net email, which directly mentions Rangers and Rangers fans several times, the press would see that as ratifying the hibs.net wording. That would lead to a full on onslaught via the Huns client media, which wouldn't help what Hibs are attempting to do at all.

That's not condescending it's a common sense tactical approach given the task ahead. Hibs have zero friends in the Scottish msm or within the weegie football hierarchy. This is a battle we will be fighting alone.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Would the extra bits not in bold have been so difficult?

Thank you for your support.

We know that Hibernian supporters have the best interests of the club and football at heart and we are grateful that you have taken the time collectively to contact us.

As you will be aware from the club's recent statement we do take matters of public order, safety within the stadium and compliance with both the law and the requirements of FIFA, UEFA and the SFA seriously. We hope that is clear from the public announcements which take place before every game in relation to what is tolerated as acceptable behaviour and what is not.

In this context I think it is also important that I should stress that the requirement for reasonable behaviour within Easter Road and at away matches applies no less to our own fans than any other. What we expect from others we should also expect of ourselves.

Please be assured that we will continue to work at all times and with all authorities to strike the best balance between having an excellent atmosphere within the ground and behaviour which is inclusive, reasonable and safe. You will appreciate that not every discussion the club has internally, or with partners, can be in the public space but I would like to make clear that these are matters which we are always looking to address.

Malcolm

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Could be worse, I've managed to scrape the initial draft off McPherson's computer.

Seen 8:45pm

Malcolm

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Could be worse, I've managed to scrape the initial draft off McPherson's computer.

Seen 8:45pm

Malcolm
    ✔️ ✔️
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Don't see it that way at all. The press were quick to contort Hibs "Enough is Enough" statement any which way they could.

Any more detail to the reply to the hibs.net email, which directly mentions Rangers and Rangers fans several times, the press would see that as ratifying the hibs.net wording. That would lead to a full on onslaught via the Huns client media, which wouldn't help what Hibs are attempting to do at all.

That's not condescending it's a common sense tactical approach given the task ahead. Hibs have zero friends in the Scottish msm or within the weegie football hierarchy. This is a battle we will be fighting alone.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Yup. I guarantee the slavers at the Daily Record sports desk are scouring this thread looking for their next "scoop" and will be most miffed there wasn't anything meaty to get their teeth into in the club's reply.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Has all the noise about Hibs fans behaviour at Tynecastle, Rangers fans behaviour, Old Firm fans behaviour in general, talks with the SFA etc had its 15 minutes and it’s no longer top of the agenda? Next thing we hear will be when we cut the Old Fims allocation, either post top 6 or next season.

Would be a shame if all the momentum was lost and the discussion about sectarianism and football fans (of all clubs) behaviour turns out to be grandstanding and cutting allocation is the end of it. Save for a bit of noise in the first few games before it becomes normalised like the lack of away fans at the Old Firm derby.