hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Email/Letter to Hibs regarding away fans behaviour last night

There seems to be a real strength of feeling among our fans that the singing and general behaviour from the Rangers support last night crossed a further line. The admin team have discussed this and feel we are in a position to coordinate a collective response that may carry a bit more weight with the club compared to individual emails. We want to make it clear this email and letter will only be on behalf of those who request to be included, it is not being sent on behalf of the site as a single entity.

We feel this will carry more weight if sent using real names, we understand people may not be comfortable posting these on an open forum so if you wish to be included please PM this admin account and we will have you included. Please also add the names of any friends and family who would like to be included. If you are a ST holder and would like that information included as well, again let us know.

The text of the email and letter we will be sending is below and we aim to send this before the game on Wednesday evening please let us know by 11am on Wednesday morning.

We are writing on behalf of the below signed Hibernian supporters to highlight the behaviour of the Rangers support at the game played on Sunday March 10th 2024 which was a clear breach of the clubs official policy regarding behaviour within our home stadium as quoted below.

'Disorderly conduct includes; · Conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely or is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
    · Colour, race, nationality, (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin.
    · Membership, or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social cultural group with perceived religious affiliation'

Such behaviour is not an anomaly and is a repeated pattern stretching back decades. Rather than gradually improving over the years it is becoming worse. Whilst we accept the club cannot act on the wider issues in society, you are able to act on behaviour within our stadium. Extensive investigations into other incidents earlier this season and last season are evidence there is a will to tackle bigotry in certain circumstances. Listening to the songs of hatred being sung loud and clear from the Away stand is not only offensive , it is a continuing deterrent to some families within the Hibs support who simply will not attend when Rangers are the visitors. It also has a negative impact on the match day experience of those supporters who do attend.

We are asking the club to clarify why there is a reluctance to act on or even acknowledge such behaviour from supporters of Rangers FC? In the recent past this has included vile and threatening abuse of managers, players and other club employees and a further example of this was heard last night when one of our players was clearly seriously injured.

We are calling on Hibs to move on from the silence that has for too long typified the response to sectarianism and anti Irish racism in Scottish football. We ask the club to be true to it's own policy detailed above and to it's own stated zero tolerance policy on bigotry and sectarianism, a policy which is read out before every home game. This behaviour continues because no club is willing to challenge it publicly and the time has come for change.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 11-03-2024 at 01:51 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    All for this, count me in

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Well done. PM sent......

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    well done totaly agree

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    PM sent, thanks for making the effort.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

You can add me to that. You know my name anyway so won't PM 🙂

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Absolutely, I’ll PM you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree about old firm fans behaviour for many years now , absolutely sickening.
    However when our own fans continue to throw items at opposing players, like last night, and at hearts game.
    This might fall on deaf ears.
    The young hibs lads , will be on borrowed time, behind the goals, if this continues.

First Team Breakthrough
    100 % agree with this. Bigotry has been accepted for far too long.
    Well done

@hibs.net private member
    PM sent, thank you

Well done admin team. Excellent initiative. Hopefully this is noted and acted upon at board level.

I don’t have a PM but please add my name if you can

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    PM sent
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

First Team Regular
    Stupid question: how do you send a PM? I want to sign.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    PM sent.

I've emailed myself already to be fair

@hibs.net private member soul_driver's Avatar
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On desktop if you click on the username then select 'private message'. If it's mobile, same but the option will be 'send message'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Completely agree. Worth adding a bit about how they're managing to overcrowd in the stands as well?

Might be worth posting this on the PM board aswell for those that don’t look at the main board
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959 Hibby View Post
    I don’t have a PM but please add my name if you can
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post

Click on HNA1 in first post and choose private message.

PM sent

Cheers

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Count me in.

Time Hibs stood up and challenged this ****show.

@hibs.net private member
    PM sent.

Very well done Hibs.net

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    On desktop if you click on the username then select 'private message'. If it's mobile, same but the option will be 'send message'.
    Thanks - message sent.

First Team Breakthrough
    Cheers. PM sent 👍🏽

@hibs.net private member
    I’d rather the club called out the blatant cheating from referees.

I get that people are upset by the singing from the away section, but I’m more annoyed at the officials. Singing from supporters is not something that bothers me, as we’ve had our own support singing songs that could be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I’d rather the club called out the blatant cheating from referees.

I get that people are upset by the singing from the away section, but I’m more annoyed at the officials. Singing from supporters is not something that bothers me, as we’ve had our own support singing songs that could be called out.
    It’s said support that influences the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by HNA1 View Post
    There seems to be a real strength of feeling among our fans that the singing and general behaviour from the Rangers support last night crossed a further line. The admin team have discussed this and feel we are in a position to coordinate a collective response that may carry a bit more weight with the club compared to individual emails. We want to make it clear this email and letter will only be on behalf of those who request to be included, it is not being sent on behalf of the site as a single entity.

We feel this will carry more weight if sent using real names, we understand people may not be comfortable posting these on an open forum so if you wish to be included please PM this admin account and we will have you included. Please also add the names of any friends and family who would like to be included. If you are a ST holder and would like that information included as well, again let us know.

The text of the email and letter we will be sending is below and we aim to send this before the game on Wednesday evening please let us know by 11am on Wednesday morning.

We are writing on behalf of the below signed Hibernian supporters to highlight the behaviour of the Rangers support at the game played on Sunday March 10th 2024 which was a clear breach of the clubs official policy regarding behaviour within our home stadium as quoted below.

'Disorderly conduct includes; · Conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely or is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
    · Colour, race, nationality, (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin.
    · Membership, or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social cultural group with perceived religious affiliation'

Such behaviour is not an anomaly and is a repeated pattern stretching back decades. Rather than gradually improving over the years it is becoming worse. Whilst we accept the club cannot act on the wider issues in society, you are able to act on behaviour within our stadium. Extensive investigations into other incidents earlier this season and last season are evidence there is a will to tackle bigotry in certain circumstances. Listening to the songs of hatred being sung loud and clear from the Away stand is not only offensive , it is a continuing deterrent to some families within the Hibs support who simply will not attend when Rangers are the visitors. It also has a negative impact on the match day experience of those supporters who do attend.

We are asking the club to clarify why there is a reluctance to act on or even acknowledge such behaviour from supporters of Rangers FC? In the recent past this has included vile and threatening abuse of managers, players and other club employees and a further example of this was heard last night when one of our players was clearly seriously injured.

We are calling on Hibs to move on from the silence that has for too long typified the response to sectarianism and anti Irish racism in Scottish football. We ask the club to be true to it's own policy detailed above and to it's own stated zero tolerance policy on bigotry and sectarianism, a policy which is read out before every home game. This behaviour continues because no club is willing to challenge it publicly and the time has come for change.
    Tried to send you a pm , not sure if you received it. Can you PM me if you didn't get anything from me.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Sent pm.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    PM sent