hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts at Tynie

Coaching Staff
    Shankland drops deep all the time, I’m looking for our midfield and in particular Moriah Welsh to absolutely lay one on him early - he’ll bite. They’re weak at right back so I’d have Obita and Boyle on that flank early doors. Newell central.

Even though it’s a tight pitch, play width and exploit their full backs. Myziane will enjoy playing against their centre pairing and give them no peace.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've scored loads of stunning long range goals against us. It'd be a shame if we actually played really well only to be undone by one of those.

I suppose every worldie is a shot that wasn't blocked quick enough
    One of my favourites was Franck Sauzee's 22 yard stunner in the Millenium Derby, whats yours?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    One of my favourites was Franck Sauzee's 22 yard stunner in the Millenium Derby, whats yours?
    Good question. Mallon in 2019 would be up there, and Griffiths free kick of course.

Horgan too. We've smashed in a few ourselves.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    They've scored loads of stunning long range goals against us. It'd be a shame if we actually played really well only to be undone by one of those.

I suppose every worldie is a shot that wasn't blocked quick enough
    You say that but the majority of their goals I remember as massive cock-ups on our part.

From memory our last goals against them from outside the box were Nisbet, Mallan, Horgan, Allan and Shinnie.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    They will be their usual 100mph with little finesse.

Their supporters spitting on & hitting our players when we take corners/throw in's cos their ground is wee.

Problem is we seldom have been able to handle this fixture since Stubbs/Lennon left.
    Neither Stubbs or Lennon won at Tynie in 8 attempts. We won the next 2 visits after Lennon was sacked. Both Hecky and Jack Ross were unbeaten at Tynie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good question. Mallon in 2019 would be up there, and Griffiths free kick of course.

Eh?

0-7 was the greatest ever derby humilation. The Millennium Derby the second at their ground, the Geebsie was very special too.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Neither Stubbs or Lennon won at Tynie in 8 attempts. We won the next 2 visits after Lennon was sacked. Both Hecky and Jack Ross were unbeaten at Tynie.
    My bad.

But I reckon Stubbs & Lennon got loads of draws there, could be wrong there again. We seemed to impose ourselves on the game better against the Yam at the time when they were our managers.

I thought it was on the telly so didn’t make a move when tickets were on sale 🤦

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Shankland drops deep all the time, I’m looking for our midfield and in particular Moriah Welsh to absolutely lay one on him early - he’ll bite. They’re weak at right back so I’d have Obita and Boyle on that flank early doors. Newell central.

Even though it’s a tight pitch, play width and exploit their full backs. Myziane will enjoy playing against their centre pairing and give them no peace.
    Would be the same team as yesterday for me. Keep Maolida on the left, Vente through the middle and Boyle on the right. No need to fanny about with the front 3

Pat Quinn’s third in his hat trick in 1967 was a belter from long distance.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'll take any goal against them, a worldy would be good but if it bounces in off Vente's backside that'll do just as nicely.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Eh?

0-7 was the greatest ever derby humilation. The Millennium Derby the second at their ground, the Geebsie was very special too.
    1994 was brilliant. Pure unadulterated relief.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'll take any goal against them, a worldy would be good but if it bounces in off Vente's backside that'll do just as nicely.
    Off Shankleid's heid OG, or an erchie

We've only lost 2 of our last 8 there, and 4 of our last 15. Its not exactly a bogey ground for us in the last ten years.

In to them Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Archibald or Joe Mcbride jnr free kick

We've only lost 2 of our last 8 there, and 4 of our last 15. Its not exactly a bogey ground for us in the last ten years.

In to them Hibs.
    Our record against Hearts pretty much makes them our bogey team.

Wednesday I don’t care how we play - just win.

I’m hoping the new boys put on a masterclass of football but at the same time we know playing in the tight Tynie pitch is different / smallest to any other football stadium in the top league and many players struggle to adapt.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    **** the Hertz

Livingston v Motherwell is the TV game.

What a joke.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Livingston v Motherwell is the TV game.

What a joke.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Absolute joke.

@hibs.net private member
    Marsh

Miller
    Fish
    Rocky (altho I’d probably rather PH)
    Obita

NMW
    Emi
    Newell

Boyle
    Vente
    Maolida

Left by mutual consent!
    If we can somehow get an early goal it'll be interesting to see how they handle it after the pumping off the Huns. Their fans are not a patient bunch. Get right at them, and in particular, Rowles, he's flaky under pressure imo. 1-3 Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What's been your favourite Hibs win at Tiny?
    There’s three that stick out for different reasons.
    Gordon Hunter 0-1 to end 22 in a row
    Brian Kerr 0-1
    Dean Shiels winner after Konte hit the post.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Would be the same team as yesterday for me. Keep Maolida on the left, Vente through the middle and Boyle on the right. No need to fanny about with the front 3
    Did you see their game v The Rangers ? Right back is their Achilles heel. Boyle will murder whoever they put there, hopefully Atkinson as he is absolutely murder.

I’m no really bothered by what’s happened in the passed 100 odd years. It’s all about the next derby and bragging rights.

They’ve been on a great run recently but they have the hottest striker in Scotland to thank for that.

Take Shankland out their side and there’s no way they’d be anywhere near the points tally they currently enjoy.

Keep him quiet on Wednesday and we have a real chance.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    I’m no really bothered by what’s happened in the passed 100 odd years. It’s all about the next derby and bragging rights.

They’ve been on a great run recently but they have the hottest striker in Scotland to thank for that.

Take Shankland out their side and there’s no way they’d be anywhere near the points tally they currently enjoy.

Keep him quiet on Wednesday and we have a real chance.
    Easier said than done but I agree, and take our chances when we get them. If we'd done that at Easter Rd, Shankland's goal would have been a consolation and no more than that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    They've got every right to be confident against our defense but they stupidly underestimate our attack. Look what Youan showed he's capable of in a blink of an eye last time at Tynecastle? Myzaine has 3 goals in 5 games and has been looking the business. Boyle again is proven (and at Tynecaste too, remember he ALSO got a double at Tynecaste like Youan).

Throw in the fact that we've shown we have players up for the fight in these games, Newell, Miller, not to mention now having much enhanced players in Moriah-Welsh and Emiliano to face them. Add this all in and it'll be what it's been for many derbys now, a tight close affair. They won't admit it but they know deep down they got away with one in the last derby. Their predictions of 3,4,5 etc are laughable.

If our defense is concentrated I'm quietly confident. We WILL score.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    They've got every right to be confident against our defense but they stupidly underestimate our attack. Look what Youan showed he's capable of in a blink of an eye last time at Tynecastle? Myzaine has 3 goals in 5 games and has been looking the business. Boyle again is proven (and at Tynecaste too, remember he ALSO got a double at Tynecaste like Youan).

Throw in the fact that we've shown we have players up for the fight in these games, Newell, Miller, not to mention now having much enhanced players in Moriah-Welsh and Emiliano to face them. Add this all in and it'll be what it's been for many derbys now, a tight close affair. They won't admit it but they know deep down they got away with one in the last derby. Their predictions of 3,4,5 etc are laughable.

If our defense is concentrated I'm quietly confident. We WILL score.
    Thing is, our attack rarely turns up at Tynecastle, or in general vs Hearts.

Boyle scored in 1 game out of how many at Tynecastle? Whereas Shankland scores against us every time.

@hibs.net private member
    Did you see their game v The Rangers ? Right back is their Achilles heel. Boyle will murder whoever they put there, hopefully Atkinson as he is absolutely murder.
    I’m sure Maolida is more than good enough to do what you’re wanting Boyle to do without moving everyone of our front 3 from Saturday

Always see posts like this before derbies. Sadly never happens.

Riordan scored a couple of long-range crackers against them. One was when Tynecastle was on the verge of being sold for flats and Hearts were going to rent Murrayfield. Craig Gordon had to kick a rugby ball off the pitch.