hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts at Tynie

Hearts at Tynie

What’s everyone’s feelings regards our chances at Tynie on Wednesday then?

I’ve been reading KB ( ye ye I know ) it’s mostly the same old “ we’re going to smash them”. . Or “ After a bad day at the office, let’s get back to doing what we do best, spanking the Leithers and sending them home to their beds.

Some other comments I’ve read go a bit like this….. not sure why but I think we’ll take 5 or 6 off them.

As well as calling us the usual names such as mutants and vermin 😂🤣😂and the passive aggressive spelling of h1b5🤣

There’s the I never want that Hibs mentality were getting a draw is a good result.

Going to absolutely rip them apart on Wednesday.

A lot of talk about them bouncing back and us being on the wrong end of a backlash!

I’m quietly confident it’ll be the usual hard fought encounter with the odd goal.

If we play like we did against Dundee, then we’ll give them a proper fright.

Bring it on!
    Last edited by Greensunshine; 25-02-2024 at 10:35 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    We need to play to our strengths. Don't be pedestrian or let them make it a pagger. Use the pace and attack them. Marcondes and Maolida are better than anything they tramps have had in the last 10 years. Moriah-Welsh can rule the centre and Boyle loves it at that dump of a stadium. 2 or 3 nil Hibs

Get in their faces from kick off and leave a mark on them early.

Can’t start the game all pedestrian and tippy tappy passing.

It's got 0-0 written all over it.

Heart says 3-0 Hibs, head says 1-0 them.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get in their faces from kick off and leave a mark on them early.

Can’t start the game all pedestrian and tippy tappy passing.
    That’s exactly how I fear we’ll start. They’ll try and throw the kitchen sink at us first twenty they don’t need any encouragement from us playing tippy tappy at the back. Get the ball up the flanks early doors and keep them penned in their own half.
    Every single one of our players need to put in a proper shift.
    The longer the game goes on and stays 0-0 the more likely we’ll come into the match and get in behind their defence.
    Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Greensunshine; 25-02-2024 at 11:09 AM.

Win the midfield battle and defend well or if not better than we have. If we do that is the key to winning at that **** tip.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post

There’s nae chance of it being 0-0 🤣🤣🤣

Our defence haven’t had a clean sheet in the league since Livingston away in Mid December.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    We have only one clean sheet in our last 11 games, so chances are we will concede.

Hearts defence has been pretty ropey too though since the last derby. Rowes and Atkinson both weak spots I think. We have some talented attacking players and what fills me with hope is that several of them have played in huge games before in front of huge crowds so shouldnt be fazed by an Edinburgh derby.

No doubt they will target Marcondes and Maolida early doors with a few hefty challenges. We need to give Shankland a dunt early on.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 25-02-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    We have only one clean sheet in our last 11 games, so chances are we will concede.

Hearts defence has been pretty ropey too though since the last derby. Rowes and Atkinson both weak spits I think. We have some talented attacking players and what fills me with hope is that several of them have played in huge games before in front of huge crowds so shouldnt be fazed by an Edinburgh derby.

I
    No doubt they will target Marcondes and Maolida early doors with a few hefty challenges. We need to give Shankland a dunt early on.
    I’d be giving him more than a wee dunt. I’m surprised nobody has smashed that wee fat tefal heid yet!

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

Hearts defence has been pretty ropey too though since the last derby. Rowes and Atkinson both weak spits I think. We have some talented attacking players and what fills me with hope is that several of them have played in huge games before in front of huge crowds so shouldnt be fazed by an Edinburgh derby.

Shankland has a customary early foul when we play them. Usually quite a bad one that he gets away with. Needs to be roles reversed, get him early, set the tone that we’re not there to **** about.

We will score, it’s how we do at the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    I’d be giving him more than a wee dunt. I’m surprised nobody has smashed that wee fat tefal heid yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Shankland has a customary early foul when we play them. Usually quite a bad one that he gets away with. Needs to be roles reversed, get him early, set the tone that we’re not there to **** about.

We will score, it’s how we do at the other end.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post

Covering all bases

Same starting 11 as yesterday please. Us and them.

Haven’t won at the Tiny Library since 2019 and the Boyle double.

So that’s the last 6 away games.

Of those who started yesterday Marshall - Fish - Newell - Miller and Boyle have all played in a winning derby.

Hopefully yesterday will give the players some confidence to go and get the 3 points. Would really help give Monty more credit in the bank and help massively with us getting into top 6. Dundee play Celtic away also.

Be interesting to see if they keep Clark in goals or play Gordon after the 5-0.

Hopefully Hibs fans give the team a great backing as they will need it.

Some half bake over the road saying 5 or 6 to them 🤣 good luck with that 🤗🖕💚

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    One of our biggest issues is that we can be very slow in getting the ball forward, we actually have the pace to destroy teams but fail to use it often enough.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Some half bake over the road saying 5 or 6 to them 🤣 good luck with that 🤗🖕💚

It's not impossible of course but it is very unlikely we will lose by 5 or 6. How often are there 5 or 6 goals scored in a derby? Last time there was 5 or more goals in a league game was 2006 where we lost 3-2. Obviously we know the last time there was 5 or more goals in a cup derby. Tight game on Wednesday imo.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    My first visit to Tynie for several years, hopefully better than many of my previous visits.

Not seen anything to suggest that this team can go and get a rare result at Tynecastle.

Mind you, I thought that last time and we pinched a draw so you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Win the midfield battle and defend well or if not better than we have. If we do that is the key to winning at that **** tip.
    That's been the key to winning there since roughly 1927. We rarely achieve it though, and I don't think that'll change on Wednesday.

Would be beyond ecstatic to be proven wrong obviously.

I wouldn't be starting Youan either. I think he's handy to have on the bench in a game like this. Might make him more determined to come on and actually try.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    It's not impossible of course but it is very unlikely we will lose by 5 or 6. How often are there 5 or 6 goals scored in a derby? Last time there was 5 or more goals in a league game was 2006 where we lost 3-2. Obviously we know the last time there was 5 or more goals in a cup derby. Tight game on Wednesday imo.
    This is bordering on positive confidence.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s a derby, league position means nothing.

I fancy us to win 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I wouldn't be starting Youan either. I think he's handy to have on the bench in a game like this. Might make him more determined to come on and actually try.
    If we get ahead in the game at any point then we shouldn't see Youan either. Only worth bringing on if we are chasing a goal second half.

I'll be surprised if we don't lose but I'm less resigned to defeat than I would have been a couple of weeks ago.

As with pretty much any derby I'd take a draw now.

Not that it matters but I think the only way we'll get any credit on the likes of Sportsound/Sportscene is if we beat them when they've got a full strength side, otherwise they'll just make excuses with people missing etc.

Testimonial Due
    After their result against the Huns, they will be right up for this game as always.
    We have to stop their usual niggling and just get into their faces.
    Hope they have another bad first half, and get enough to see out the second half.
    My worry is down our flanks, stop crosses and we give ourselves a big chance!!!

@hibs.net private member
    If we play at the tempo and with the press we did for large parts of yesterday then I fancy us strongly. It is a big if though.

If we can just defend simple balls and close down attackers we’ll beat them. It’s as easy as that. 1-0 against Dundee every time they attacked I never felt confident we’d defend resolutely.

We have enough about us to get a positive result at tynecastle. However, I am long enough in the tooth to know that we rarely come away from tynecastle with all three points.

I would start the same team if all fit, but bushiri looked to take a knock and Marcondes doesn’t seem to be a two game per week kind of guy.