hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Regardless of whether that actually qualifies as a handball or not, and I still can't really tell, what's certain is if it was one of our players against Rangers that's getting disallowed

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That’s a handball all day long, he even moves his hand towards the ball. There are 10 clubs in the league that would have that goal disallowed by VAR without question.

If even Hibs fans can call out a wrong call against their bitterest rivals you can see how relaxed these refs are to be so blatant.

In 2012 when Rangers carried out the biggest cheating scandal in Scottish sport with the complicity of the football authorities who binned an independent inquiry into the scandal and moved on so quickly, you can now see how emboldened they are to just openly cheat week in, week out and we can do f*** all about it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s a handball all day long, he even moves his hand towards the ball. There are 10 clubs in the league that would have that goal disallowed by VAR without question.

If even Hibs fans can call out a wrong call against their bitterest rivals you can see how relaxed these refs are to be so blatant.

In 2012 when Rangers carried out the biggest cheating scandal in Scottish sport with the complicity of the football authorities who binned an independent inquiry into the scandal and moved on so quickly, you can now see how emboldened they are to just openly cheat week in, week out and we can do f*** all about it.
    Spot on 🤬

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Regardless of whether that actually qualifies as a handball or not, and I still can't really tell, what's certain is if it was one of our players against Rangers that's getting disallowed
    This. While we obviously can't prove it, there's no doubt in my mind that Hibs would not get the same decision.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    This. While we obviously can't prove it, there's no doubt in my mind that Hibs would not get the same decision.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    Yeah can you imagine Martin Boyle getting that goal and it being allowed to stand at Ibrox?

Not in a million years.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Disallowed for anyone else bar Sevco 5088.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Spot on ��
    Guys come on - whilst I agree with the general sentiment, that was not a decision to be using as an example of this.

There is no footage that shows the ball hitting Dessers' arm. Even the majority of posters commenting on Jambos Kickback are stating it wasn't a handball. I'm seriously puzzled as to how people are so convinced they think that's a clear handball.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Guys come on - whilst I agree with the general sentiment, that was not a decision to be using as an example of this.

There is no footage that shows the ball hitting Dessers' arm. Even the majority of posters commenting on Jambos Kickback are stating it wasn't a handball. I'm seriously puzzled as to how people are so convinced they think that's a clear handball.

It didn't hit his arm. If it did then it's never clear and obvious.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    It didn't hit his arm. If it did then it's never clear and obvious.
    Exactly - there are plenty of other shocking decisions this season that Rangers have benefited from to be angry about, certainly not one that wasn't clearly a foul and was against Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

Indeed. Not a single Hearts player raises a complaint. It's a perfectly good goal.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Indeed. Not a single Hearts player raises a complaint. It's a perfectly good goal.
    ... which wouldn't have been given against rangers.