hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Fish

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither, I'd say Martin Buchan or Bobby Moore. Am I doing this right?

Not really, neither of they players have been mentioned in comparison with him on this Fred.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Not really, neither of they players have been mentioned in comparison with him on this Fred.
    Fred? The one that played for Manchester United?

Fred? The one that played for Manchester United?
    Pretty much, he contributed as much to Utd as you have here.

Pretty much, he contributed as much to Utd as you have here.
    Oh come on now, you can surely do better that that or are you out of witty retorts?

Oh come on now, you can surely do better that that or are you out of witty retorts?

Not really, you are boring me now and I have noticed you have contributed absolutely zero to this thread bar insulting another poster. I'll leave it over to you from here, super armchair fan.

Not really, you are boring me now and I have noticed you have contributed absolutely zero to this thread bar insulting another poster. I'll leave it over to you from here, super armchair fan.
    Sleep well sweetheart.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Fish had a good game but needs to stop letting the ball bounce before going for it, he got caught out a couple of times today again

These commentators slagging our defence are still ignoring the lack of protection from a previously weak midfield who constantly failed to prevent crosses or shots.

Their goal came from the same issue today

Fish has been marginally better last few games but he’s still not worth signing permanently.

He’s made costly mistakes this season and doesn’t seem to be learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    These commentators slagging our defence are still ignoring the lack of protection from a previously weak midfield who constantly failed to prevent crosses or shots.

Their goal came from the same issue today
    The defence actually did very well with all that was thrown at them - especially from cross balls, I thought.

Our only vulnerability appeared to be to second balls dropping around the edge of our box - which, as you say, should probably be the midfield’s responsibility.

I honestly think 90% of the posters here are on ADHD meds, because I’m sure Fish wasn’t worth a starting role a few weeks ago 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The defence actually did very well with all that was thrown at them - especially from cross balls, I thought.

Our only vulnerability appeared to be to second balls dropping around the edge of our box - which, as you say, should probably be the midfield’s responsibility.
    It would help if defenders put clearing headers out wide instead of centrally towards the edge of the box.Even when Hanlon came on he headed a ball straight to a Dundee player.It’s been a weak point all season.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    I honestly think 90% of the posters here are on ADHD meds, because I’m sure Fish wasn’t worth a starting role a few weeks ago
    It’s football. A lot of people seem to have absolute views on players that flip flop depending on how that player played this week. Or stick to them no matter what.

We’ve seen it with Hanlon for decades.

For me Fish is a quality player. He’s young for a centre back and has all the attributes to be a top player.

He has a bit to go of course but I reckon he’ll go for substantial sums of money during his career. I’d be absolutely delighted if we could sign him permanently.

He actually reminds me of a young Hanlon, but better. Appears a bit quiet on the pitch, still learning to use his physicality better and not always perfect. That will come in time and no doubt his period with us is proving invaluable in his development.

As for Rocky…I think he’s probably our level but will continue to polish up to be a literal rock in the middle. Don’t think we’ll ever get his occasional brain farts out of his game but overall I like him a lot.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I honestly think 90% of the posters here are on ADHD meds, because I’m sure Fish wasn’t worth a starting role a few weeks ago
    Surely you mean 90 percent who should be on ADHD meds

Meds ain't working too well as it stands!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    How can a thread about Will Fish have turned into a willy swinging contest?

Left by mutual consent!
    I feel Fish is a bit too 'nice'. Might be an age thing or maybe he's just an easy-going guy, but I'd like to see a bit more desire and some ****housery from him. I'd sit him down and tell him to watch Sergio Ramos' greatest hits and say 'a bit more of that son.'

Other than that I find him a bit 'meh'. Certainly wouldn't blow the budget on him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    '

'Wouldn't surprise me. An imposing figure. Came into our side, when it was on the down slide. He has always given his all, and if he does move on, will wish him well in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    Ah come on, Rocky has his moments. beside Will Fish today, who was superb, and got up to support the corners etc, I'm purely saying that Will Fish is at the age of 21, well worth his transfer money. I'd pay 2 million now for Will Fish. Rocky too was very good today, and I would love to see him and Fish be the bedrock of Hibernian defence, He is class, and no wonder that he is worth so much, at an early age.
    You'd pay 2 million quid for Will Fish?!? Christ almighty, thank God you're not our DoF 😂

That's double our transfer record FFS 😅

Left by mutual consent!
    '

'Wouldn't surprise me. An imposing figure. Came into our side, when it was on the down slide. He has always given his all, and if he does move on, will wish him well in his career.
    You are either a Yam on the wind-up, or you are Mr William Fish.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I think we’d be much of a muchness if we were to move Rocky over to the right hand side and he was to take Fish’ plaice (see what I did there) next season. For all Rocky’s faults he’s also the only centre back playing on his wrong side.

Either way I’d hope Fish (I know he will be away in reality) & Rocky are squad payers next season behind two new centre backs of the calibre of Moriah-Welsh and Amos.

Coaching Staff
    I honestly think 90% of the posters here are on ADHD meds, because I’m sure Fish wasn’t worth a starting role a few weeks ago 🤷
    I think 90% of posters actually think they know something about football, I'll leave it there

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    I simply think Will Fish is a good centre back. Big, strong, and what we need as a young player., to build upon. He and Rocky, were both very good against Dundee. Rocky seemed a different player, with big Fish. Are you willing to praise Hibs players, like I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    Definitely the first option.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Definitely the first option.
    Because I think Will Fish is a good player. Must be a Yam. Praising a Hibs player is so Yammish. Get lost yam.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Because I think Will Fish is a good player. Must be a Yam. Praising a Hibs player is so Yammish. Get lost yam.
    You’ve claimed Hibs are the form team going into Wednesday on another thread you are defo on the wind up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    You’ve claimed Hibs are the form team going into Wednesday on another thread you are defo on the wind up.
    What was your teams score against the currants? 0-5 was it? I'd say that was very out of form. with naibadges horribly exposed.

I simply think Will Fish is a good centre back. Big, strong, and what we need as a young player., to build upon. He and Rocky, were both very good against Dundee. Rocky seemed a different player, with big Fish. Are you willing to praise Hibs players, like I do?
    Agree re fish. He's a good solid player with bags of potential, I'm confused why folk can't see it. He's pretty composed for a CB of his age and experience and unfortunately championship managers can see this too, hence him being scouted by ambitious clubs at that level, and potentially beyond our means

Hell be a regular in the EPL within a couple of years. Folk on here need to get real if they think we can attract/ afford a faultless CB with leadership qualities! Sometimes you have to grow and develop players...

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=Keepthefaith;7597061]Agree re fish. He's a good solid player with bags of potential, I'm confused why folk can't see it. He's pretty composed for a CB of his age and experience and unfortunately championship managers can see this too, hence him being scouted by ambitious clubs at that level, and potentially beyond our means

Hell be a regular in the EPL within a couple of years. Folk on here need to get real if they think we can attract/ afford a faultless CB with leadership qualities! Sometimes you have to grow and develop players...[/QUOTE

The big man is a player, who will keep on developing. I'd love to sign the big man up long term.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    Agree re fish. He's a good solid player with bags of potential, I'm confused why folk can't see it. He's pretty composed for a CB of his age and experience and unfortunately championship managers can see this too, hence him being scouted by ambitious clubs at that level, and potentially beyond our means

Hell be a regular in the EPL within a couple of years. Folk on here need to get real if they think we can attract/ afford a faultless CB with leadership qualities! Sometimes you have to grow and develop players...
    Genuinely can't see him being a regular EPL player. Needs to improve on his physicality at times. Potential clearly though.