hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will Fish

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuinely can't see him being a regular EPL player. Needs to improve on his physicality at times. Potential clearly though.
    Has serious potential Saturday was his best game this season so far

Would not describe him as a Powerhouse or worth 2m based on his performances this campaign

Hopefully he keeps Saturday’s form going as Shankland will be on his case

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    What was your teams score against the currants? 0-5 was it? I'd say that was very out of form. with naibadges horribly exposed.
    Form isn't one game, it's generally accepted to be 5.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    What was your teams score against the currants? 0-5 was it? I'd say that was very out of form. with naibadges horribly exposed.
    You keep coming back on here under different user names then seeing how far you can take it before getting punted. You're not the only one I'll give you that.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I like Fish and Rocky, but both have a big mistake in their games. I do think Fish will get better, but obviously that wont be with us unless the black knights get involved with his fee and wages, he's still very young and you are buying potential.

Rocky is a little older, but has played very little apart from at us. Again he's got great potential, but does have an error in him that seems to happen in big games.

Rocky is strong, quick and decent on the ball, but is normally playing on the left which is his weaker side.

I'd be happy watching these two progress next season, but if Fish does leave, i'm also excited at who we might bring in.

I simply think Will Fish is a good centre back. Big, strong, and what we need as a young player., to build upon. He and Rocky, were both very good against Dundee. Rocky seemed a different player, with big Fish. Are you willing to praise Hibs players, like I do?
    He's a good centre back but he's not big and strong, he's been rag dolled a couple of times this season (Motherwell player comes to mind) and we have lost about 50 goals from crosses the past year.

Rocky and Fish have been part of a terrible defence numerous times this season, a decent game against Dundee doesn't change that.

He will probably be League 1/Championship level down South imo and when he goes I don't think he will be that much of a miss as long as we actually bring in contempt replacements in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    Agree re fish. He's a good solid player with bags of potential, I'm confused why folk can't see it. He's pretty composed for a CB of his age and experience and unfortunately championship managers can see this too, hence him being scouted by ambitious clubs at that level, and potentially beyond our means

Hell be a regular in the EPL within a couple of years. Folk on here need to get real if they think we can attract/ afford a faultless CB with leadership qualities! Sometimes you have to grow and develop players...
    He lacks 3 key things for a defender in the EPL, pace, power and height. We are poor at the back and he is as much to blame as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    You keep coming back on here under different user names then seeing how far you can take it before getting punted. You're not the only one I'll give you that.
    The main clue is they fire about 300 posts a week out.

@hibs.net private member
    Odd thing I noticed with Fish on Saturday was that almost every pass he made went to Rocky. Couple of clearances to no-one in particular and one back to Marshall, but he seemed to put a lot of trust in his defensive partner.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    He lacks 3 key things for a defender in the EPL, pace, power and height. We are poor at the back and he is as much to blame as anyone.
    Is there any room for "you're only as good / poor as your last game"?

The defence were fine on Saturday with a decent midfield in front of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    I simply think Will Fish is a good centre back. Big, strong, and what we need as a young player., to build upon. He and Rocky, were both very good against Dundee. Rocky seemed a different player, with big Fish. Are you willing to praise Hibs players, like I do?
    Of course I am.

I could praise many Hibs players, both past and present.

However, unlike yourself, I don't have a list of 'thousands'.

Looking forward to an experienced centre half replacing Mr Fish next season. Same old mistakes again and again. Gives me the heebie jeebies with his decision making.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    Looking forward to an experienced centre half replacing Mr Fish next season. Same old mistakes again and again. Gives me the heebie jeebies with his decision making.
    Wouldn't it be good if we could replace referee's just as easily? Starting with tonight's corrupt cheat Clancy?

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    As much as it wasn't a penalty, his shocking touch gave him a choice.

An absolute shambles of a free kiknout the pitch too. Seems to defecate his pants every time there's a big game tbh.
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 28-02-2024 at 10:01 PM.

His first touch is absolutely abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    As much as it wasn't a penalty, his shocking touch game him a choice.

An absolute shambles of a free kicnout the pitch too. Seems to defecate his pants every time there's a big game tbh.
    Not to mention his goal saving block from Shankland.

Which, of course, you didn't mention.

We have a very young and inexperienced back three/four. It’s widely accepted that what you get with youngsters is the odd mistake and inconsistency!

Maybe we need to put a bit experience in there to help the lads out.

We can’t fault their effort but there’s mistakes. Get an old head in there to help them out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Not to mention his goal saving block from Shankland.

Which, of course, you didn't mention.

The defence and the team played pretty well tonight. The block from Shankland being one of very few clear cut opportunities for them.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Will struggle to bring in a better defender than fish