Nick Montgomery was delighted with his side’s display as they beat Dundee 2-1 in the cinch Premiership.
The Hibees dominated the match at Easter Road from start to finish with goals from Dylan Vente and Myziane Maolida sealing all three points.
That win now moves Hibs within two points of Dundee, who currently sit sixth in the Scottish Premiership.
When speaking after the game, Montgomery praised his players’ effort and desire.
“I’m really pleased and a little bit relieved as well. It’s been a long time coming because we’ve drawn too many games.
“The performance more than deserved three points; I’ve said that a few times this season and we haven’t always got the result that the performance deserved.
“Today was a really assured performance. We made it difficult for ourselves by not being clinical enough or killing the game off, but there were some fantastic saves from Carson; he kept them in the game for long periods.
“It was really disappointing to concede, they had one shot on target and scored one goal; that’s something that has been hurting us recently and we have to be better.
“We showed a lot of composure after that, we kept playing, creating chances and had a disallowed goal as well that was marginal. Myziane (Maolida) deserved his goal, the team deserved it, and we more than deserved three points.”
Hibs thought they’d gone two ahead when Dylan Vente doubled his tally for the day just before the hour mark, only to be ruled out by VAR. That moment seemed to spur on Dundee, who grabbed an equaliser in the 78thminute.
That didn’t deter Montgomery’s side, though, who pushed on and found a winner – something that delighted our Head Coach.

"You saw today a massive effort, some good football and a lot of chances created. We showed great character today and finished the job off" -
“It’s easy to drop your heads at that point because we’d been so dominate and the game could’ve and should’ve been out of sight if we’re being honest.
“The fans were fantastic today; they appreciated the performance, the effort, and really got behind the boys. Not for one moment did I think we wouldn’t win that game.
“Myziane’s finish was befitting for his performance and the team’s performance; it was a real team performance today.”

More...