hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Best We've Played In Weeks

Hands down. Would have been a travesty if Dundee had got a point today with their only shot on goal. Some of our play, passing and movement, chance creation etc was outstanding.
    The winning goal by Myzaine was ridiculous. What a header firstly by Emiliano, then a fantastic through ball by Vente, and the composure and finish by Myzaine had everything that showed a player who previous went for 14 Million.

Fabulous today and MUCH needed! Results went for us also with Aberdeen getting beat. 2 points off Dundee now and a much better run in for us fixtures wise than them.

Refreshing to enjoy a Saturday like today again!

And lastly, ****** the Heart5

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Great to hear. Gutted I missed it but does feel like we're starting to find some form.

Defence is still a big worry though - we can't keep leaking goals this easily.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great to hear. Gutted I missed it but does feel like we're starting to find some form.

Defense actually done well today. Limited them to 1 shot on goal and to be fair to the boy it was a screamer. Agree in general though that the defense is still a worry, it won't be till the summer that it's addressed, but today they were very unlucky not to get the clean sheet.

I was reading on another thread it was slow, turgid and pretty much all in our own half. We must have been bad in previous games!!!

@hibs.net private member

Boy scored from outside the box, no sure the defence get the blame for this one

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I was reading on another thread it was slow, turgid and pretty much all in our own half. We must have been bad in previous games!!!
    I couldn't understand some of the comment on the match thread. I thought we were well worth the win

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I couldn't understand some of the comment on the match thread. I thought we were well worth the win
    Ditto. Wasn't necessarily free flowing attacking football in the first 20 but we were in control and still creating chances

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Somewhere in between maybe. Periods of turgid/ torpid? Play, especially in the first half hour but looked after the ball and still on top. What we did have was more penetration and change of pace. Also Fish looked much less nervy alongside Rocky who I thought was excellent. Also no square pegs today.

I didn't think we were great for the first 20-30. We were the better side but it was very slow and you could see a few players getting frustrated as well.

After that I'd say it was pretty inarguable it was as good as we have been in ages. It was like we had been given a confidence injection. Everything was quicker, slicker and we looked dangerous every time we went forward. We had a wobble just before and after they scored but credit to the players for getting themselves together and getting back on top.

4 or 5 wouldn't have flattered us today.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Dundee and Hibs got what they deserved today. Hibs were excellent from front to back, esp in the second half when they took the game to Dundee. Their keeper was the only thing between a 2-1 and 5-1 result. Given our horrible winless record since December, it's understandable we struggled to close out the game. But we did, an that's what matters.

Special mention for Rocky, who was a rock at the back all day. Great performance. Fish for driving forward at times, when others were pottering about. And the winning goal was piece of class we don't see enough at ER these days.

HUGE win for Hibs and for Monty, and hopefully, hopefully a springboard for rest of the season.

Finally, I cannot say how much I absolutely despise VAR. Okay, I get it, we need to get the right outcome. But it is sucking the life out of my enjoyment of the game. You cannot enjoy a goal until some no-mark sitting in Glasgow (or wherever) decides. You just think they're pouring over every frame desperately looking for reasons to stop something positive happening, or to give a penalty against your team I thank God that I have gone through 50+ years of following Hibs and football - with all the debate and uncertainty - knowing that when the ref gives the decision that's that ! When you're Celtic or Rangers going for a title, key decision are key. VAR may have a role, but not when you're mid-table just wanting some entertainment. If other teams are fortunate to get a dodgy decision in their favour, yes it hurts, but they're like us just wanting a few breaks and some enjoyment. VAR and the way the amateurs up here deploy it, are killing the game. Rant over.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Great day at ER - good balance to the team

VAR - you can shove it - oozes the life out of football spontaneity 🤬

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Looked a lot better today much more like it

Yes ponderous at times but you could see the players were trying to increase the tempo and move the ball forward at all times no more tippy tippy and sideways backward passes a bit more urgency

We have won a watch in Maolida looks a diamond was a match winner for us and showed his quality throughout

Youan must be wondering how he is going to get back into the side

TBF I would probably have brought him on second half to stretch the Dee defence in the last 20 minutes and rest tired legs

Bring on the jambos

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Yes it was. Would have been a right kick in the stains had we not won that game. Hopefully the team can kick on from here.

Enjoyed today. For those of us who've been at the last 3 games, the signs were there. 2 wins, 1 draw. Let's kick on now. We've a really big game this coming week - and a visit to the Bus Shelter too 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Boy scored from outside the box, no sure the defence get the blame for this one
    One week it's Fish, another it's Rocky, then Triantis, then Miller.

We just concede far too many goals. Our goals for is decent. If we start keeping a few clean sheets we'll race up the table.

One week it's Fish, another it's Rocky, then Triantis, then Miller.

We just concede far too many goals. Our goals for is decent. If we start keeping a few clean sheets we'll race up the table.
    A bit harsh.

The defence did well today and we limited them to very few chances - unlike the Aberdeen game.

They deserved a shut out tbh and the Dundee goal was a good strike.

We battered them and it would have been a travesty if they snatched a last minute equaliser.

The Hibs of December/January would have chucked that. Teams got a bit more bite in it now.

Next 4 league games define the season. Hearts game is what it is but we must beat County twice and Livi. Drop points there and it’s back to square one.

The first 20/25 was definitely slow and patient but the last 15 or so of the first and the first 25 minutes of the second was some of the best I've seen all season.

Play like that again on Saturday and it should be 3 points again.

No idea what Wednesday will bring.

Credit where credit is due

I’m still not convinced Monty is the long term answer

However

Dominant home display like yesterday is a step in the right direction

Plenty of shots, good attacking play, our second goal was terrific

Keep it up