hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Hibs vs Dundee

Left by mutual consent!
    Watching back the first goal that deserves the Benny Hill tune. What a belter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of them were applauding but also a fair number of them banging the drum down the front and chanting ‘hello, hello’ during the tribute tbh. Throwing smoke bombs on the pitch is bam behaviour and don’t think we should be commending their support.
    I wouldn't judge a support on the wee bairns with drums and pyro. Ultras are all Bams from what I can see and throwing Pyro is moronic. Ultras are nearly always disrespectful and only bothered about themselves anyways. The core of the Dundee support were very respectful and deserve credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Unfortunately some of us have to work weekends

A strange response to my post though
    It isn't when you think about it, you're up there as one of our biggest critics yet you barely see a game.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I thought Rocky looked anything but immobile today tbh.
    He’s massively one sided. Which doesn’t help. I wouldn’t call him immobile just limited with the ball at his feet. A bit like miller. Who looks like he didn’t see a football till 19.

First time I e really enjoyed a game at ER in a very long time. It felt like we were totally in the driving seat the whole game.

Dundee never laid a glove on us apart from that brilliant strike for the undeserved equaliser.

Well done to Monty and the players. More of the same on Wednesday please!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He’s massively one sided. Which doesn’t help. I wouldn’t call him immobile just limited with the ball at his feet. A bit like miller. Who looks like he didn’t see a football till 19.
    I thought Rocky did really well yesterday considering he hasn’t played for over a month

Is rapid over 20 yards gets about the park really well used his body well his distribution was just fine left foot and right foot cannot think of any obvious errors coped well with everything until he got injured

Agree about Miller sometimes looks as though he has never seen a football before but looks our best option at right back going into the business end of the season

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I thought Rocky did really well yesterday considering he hasn’t played for over a month

Is rapid over 20 yards gets about the park really well used his body well his distribution was just fine left foot and right foot cannot think of any obvious errors coped well with everything until he got injured

Agree about Miller sometimes looks as though he has never seen a football before but looks our best option at right back going into the business end of the season
    Rocky brings a physicality we don’t otherwise have still raw with areas to improve on heading being one but thought he did well yesterday. Hope ok for derby

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Rocky turns on to his right all the time. So that limits us. I know I’m in the minority with this stuff but it really bugs me. He’d be much better as an RCB.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Rocky turns on to his right all the time. So that limits us. I know I’m in the minority with this stuff but it really bugs me. He’d be much better as an RCB.
    And Lewis turns to his left

We have been crying out for a left sided centre back for a couple seasons now but I personally don’t see any great difference as long as they do their job right footed or left footed wasn’t a big deal when I were a lad

Regardless of what we think fair play to Monty it was a proverbial six pointer yesterday a real pressure game a must win you must play your best players and he had no hesitation in putting Rocky right into the team

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    They missed the build up to the second goal.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Rocky and Fish in my opinion is the best pairing we have, I'd like a better pairing, but for me these two are the best we have.

Whatever two we play will make mistakes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Played some great stuff at times. Maolida looks a real talent, if anything I wish he’d been a little more greedy.
    On the picky side, I think Marcondes needs to sharpen up, he wanted too much time on the ball. And Miller for me was a liability at times. He has massive potential but he’s far too sloppy and concedes too many daft fouls.

During the match I mentioned the same about Miller to the guys around me but got no support. Must be just you and I that know sweet FA.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Rocky and Fish in my opinion is the best pairing we have, I'd like a better pairing, but for me these two are the best we have.

I'd probably agree with that. Neither of them are great but the best of what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Played some great stuff at times. Maolida looks a real talent, if anything I wish he’d been a little more greedy.

On the picky side, I think Marcondes needs to sharpen up, he wanted too much time on the ball. And Miller for me was a liability at times. He has massive potential but he’s far too sloppy and concedes too many daft fouls.
    I thought Marcondes was very good,took a couple of late tackles that were missed, thought he was good.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    There were some great play movements starting from the back out yesterday. I think we're getting close to how Montgomery wants us to play and the new guys have given us the ability to do that. The whole combination for the second goal was first class, from us winning the ball back in defence to the goal itself was sublime.

There's still more to come from this team as we're just starting to show signs that the players are beginning to understand each other.

Someone is going to get a real humping from Hibs soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by malcky View Post
    I thought Marcondes was very good,took a couple of late tackles that were missed, thought he was good.
    He was great his ability is unbelievable, think he will destroy hearts, that is if they decide to try and play football

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    He was great his ability is unbelievable, think he will destroy hearts, that is if they decide to try and play football
    Still looks like he’s not quite up to the pace of the game sometimes…wants a bit too much time on occasion but no doubt he’s a class act and I’m 100% sure he’ll only get better in the remaining games. Which is a pretty exciting prospect and he’s already added some serious quality and guile.