hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Persevere

I share the OPs enthusiasm.

For various reasons I’ve not been to many games this season, in fact, covid aside this is the longest I’ve gone without going to Easter Road since early 1992 - when I was 14.

Big game, with a lot riding on it, including (possibly) a manager’s job and the direction of the club for the foreseeable.

So whilst I acknowledge that it isn’t a Scottish Cup final or a big European tie, I’m certainly having no issues getting myself motivated to stagger up the hill and go to the game, unlike so many other occasions in recent years.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well said mate. Let’s be positive.

and to anyone being negative to the OP. My mum once said if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
    I can tell you my Mum said the same thing.... but it was a lot more than once

Hope the manager has the players told the importance of this game. I think anything less than a win today will ramp up the pressure on Monty. Lets hope the players give the manager their all (sure they will btw). A win will really lift the support i think. Cmon the hibees.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Must win game drop any points and this place will be carnage

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    I actually reckon it’s the exact opposite. I’m of the opinion that the players should be told in no uncertain terms that they play for Hibernian and losing to teams like Dundee is unacceptable

Listen to John McGinn when he talks about the cup replay in 2016. Those players had a bit of swagger, knowing before a ball was kicked that they were winning that game no matter what. That’s what we need now imo
    Exactly. Some one posting that expecting to beat Dundee is a weak mentality. What a load of *****.

We’ve been mediocre for years because of a weak mentality.

The fans will back the players and manager when they deserve it. Talk of standing ovations if they manage to beat Dundee after the run we’ve been on ?

Not for me.

My opinion of standing ovation is more of the whole stadium staying back to applaud the players. Like after a derby win.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    A standing ovation if they manage to beat the mighty Dundee ?

Dearie me 🙈
    Lighten up mate. He guy’s just trying to lift the support!

Fancy Boyle today for the first Hibs goal today , think he's looked good recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlanrig View Post
    Lighten up mate. He guy’s just trying to lift the support!
    I know mate. Fed up with Hibs just now to be honest. Hopefully a good result today before Wednesday will give a bit optimism.

First Team Regular
    If we stand up to boo, does that still count as a standing ovation? Only joking, I think we’ll win.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    For the record, I gave the team a standing ovation at the end for their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    For the record, I gave the team a standing ovation at the end for their efforts.

So did all 38 of us still in the stadium. 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Exactly. Some one posting that expecting to beat Dundee is a weak mentality. What a load of *****.

We’ve been mediocre for years because of a weak mentality.

The fans will back the players and manager when they deserve it. Talk of standing ovations if they manage to beat Dundee after the run we’ve been on ?

Not for me.

My opinion of standing ovation is more of the whole stadium staying back to applaud the players. Like after a derby win.
    I think the phrase standing ovation maybe makes it sound more than I think the OP was meaning. If we talk instead about staying to applaud the players off the pitch, then why wouldn't we do that regardless of the opposition? Surely as fans we should show our appreciation for a good performance?

Today was exactly that opportunity and I am disappointed for the players that more folk don't stay at least a few minutes to do that

We do it at away games, so why not more at home??

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    So did all 38 of us still in the stadium. 🤭
    I suspect todays result didn’t quite go the way some hoped.