hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jdh

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ‘Manager Jack Ross spoke of his delight at getting the 22-year-old tied down on a longer deal as he looks forward to continue helping the ex-Aston Villa youngster to develop…

“We want to keep hold of our best players”

In JR we trust, surely?
    Pretty sure it was covered back then that Kensell was heavily involved in contract management at that time.

Ross was sacked 32 days after the extension too, so a bit odd to be allowing him to extend contracts of the squad at that stage IMO - as you’d assume doubts were increasing over his future within the boardroom.

Disjointed thinking whatever happened, something we still suffer from.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Pretty sure it was covered back then that Kensell was heavily involved in contract management at that time.

Ross was sacked 32 days after the extension too, so a bit odd to be allowing him to extend contracts of the squad at that stage IMO - as you’d assume doubts were increasing over his future within the boardroom.

You’d expect the CEO would be running the contracts ofc. Not deciding who should be getting them though.

A mistake. They happen. Too many have happened since.

Wishing both Campbell and JDH all the best from there current injuries , Campbell for his goals which have proved to be vital and both for there workrate . Getting both players back playing will only make us stronger.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Wishing both Campbell and JDH all the best from there current injuries , Campbell for his goals which have proved to be vital and both for there workrate . Getting both players back playing will only make us stronger.
    I've disagreed with a lot of opinions on here, but I disagree with this one the most.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I've disagreed with a lot of opinions on here, but I disagree with this one the most.
    Both will be nowhere near the staring XI when back. Be surprised to see both here next season as well. And I actually like both players.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Can be a good tidy player when he puts his mind to it but always puts himself under pressure with stupid rash tackles leaving the foot in and picking up an early booking leaving the Coach with a decision to make

Meh if he stays or goes tbh will miss him for his cards on my Saturday bet

Needs his mates from Dublin to watch him every week

Having a full squad to choose from is always better than having players out with injuries imo .

Gamer IDs

Having a full squad to choose from is always better than having players out with injuries imo .
    It's better to not have injured players. That I agree with.

It was your point that JDH and Campbell returning from injury making us stronger that I disagree with. I can imagine JDH getting some game time due to Levitts form (but don't think he'd offer us anything better), but Campbell won't get in the Hibs team unless someone else gets injured.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar

It was your point that JDH and Campbell returning from injury making us stronger that I disagree with. I can imagine JDH getting some game time due to Levitts form (but don't think he'd offer us anything better), but Campbell won't get in the Hibs team unless someone else gets injured.
    I would suggest unless quite a few players get injured/suspended.

Campbell is always better with a run of games. Scored some important goals for us. I can't see him getting near our team when he returns though. His injury came at the worst time really.

First Team Regular
    As much as I don't think he's a great player I'd much rather have him playing than Levitt.

I agree both won't get into the team now , though especially Campbell would be a good option to have from the bench as he's versatile and very capable of getting us a goal from the bench. Good squad player who works his socks off too .

Having a full squad imo always makes us stronger and gives the manager more options.

I think Levitt has been very disappointing to be honest since joining and wouldn't describe his form as particularly good either .

I'd have Newell , Moriah Welsh and Marcondes in midfield this weekend.

Gamer IDs

I agree both won't get into the team now , though especially Campbell would be a good option to have from the bench as he's versatile and very capable of getting us a goal from the bench. Good squad player who works his socks off too .

Having a full squad imo always makes us stronger and gives the manager more options.

I think Levitt has been very disappointing to be honest since joining and wouldn't describe his form as particularly good either .

I'd have Newell , Moriah Welsh and Marcondes in midfield this weekend.

I think for me JDH has been a disappointment. He's not kicked on from an initial half decent few months and I don't think he gets in this team anymore at all at this point. Would rather we tried getting Amos up to speed as opposed to splitting minutes with JDH.

Campbell I do actually still see a role for, to an extent, he's still one of the few goal threats from midfield we have currently and having someone homegrown like him is important to the squad, so I wouldn't get excited at the idea of him leaving this summer for example.

If we are to push on to be more consistent and have a base level of better quality of player then JDH should go in the summer. Inconsistent and injury issues have restricted any real impact from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I think for me JDH has been a disappointment. He's not kicked on from an initial half decent few months and I don't think he gets in this team anymore at all at this point. Would rather we tried getting Amos up to speed as opposed to splitting minutes with JDH.

Campbell I do actually still see a role for, to an extent, he's still one of the few goal threats from midfield we have currently and having someone homegrown like him is important to the squad, so I wouldn't get excited at the idea of him leaving this summer for example.
    Is there not also a UEFA rule about home grown? We need to be careful about just buying in new talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Is there not also a UEFA rule about home grown? We need to be careful about just buying in new talent.
    Yeah that's what I meant. At the moment we are currently lacking in the two criteria's of players trained by the club and trained within the country.

Having a look at UEFA's website it's likely we registered Paul, Lewy, Campbell, Boyle from the actual team with Henderson also at one point being registered. Additionally McAllister, Megwa and Murray Johnson also seem to have been registered to fill these slots. Which probably shows how little we have in that homegrown department.

Is it true that LJ injured him with a slide tackle during training and that's caused the injury which is still troubling him?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant. At the moment we are currently lacking in the two criteria's of players trained by the club and trained within the country.

Having a look at UEFA's website it's likely we registered Paul, Lewy, Campbell, Boyle from the actual team with Henderson also at one point being registered. Additionally McAllister, Megwa and Murray Johnson also seem to have been registered to fill these slots. Which probably shows how little we have in that homegrown department.
    Very optimistic to be worrying about European squads.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post

When Boyle missed that penalty at Livi that was it for Jack Ross liked him as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Is it true that LJ injured him with a slide tackle during training and that's caused the injury which is still troubling him?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Yes - he had some bone floating about since recovery so had to have further surgery to clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Assuming the Foley investment happens it will be very disappointing if we aren't regularly getting into Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Makes a change, usually I'm the negative one

But in all seriousness I reckon that is probably what is holding back any announcements on Lewy and Paul. Either or will likely stay for another year if we get Europe purely out of necessity. If we don't then obviously we have no restrictions to building the squad and both will probably be allowed to go. The worry is if we kick on next year and get Europe what does our squad look like for it? Or do we plan on just registering 5/6/7 youngsters without a real ambition to play them?

@hibs.net private member
    Totally forgot about him

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Assuming the Foley investment happens it will be very disappointing if we aren't regularly getting into Europe.
    Agreed, but European games are likely 18 months away at least. Holding onto the likes of Stevenson and Hanlon because we might need them as HG players in August 2025 doesn’t seem sensible to me. Our young home grown lads coming through will be 18 months older and more experienced by then, they can make up the places.

I remember proposing that we extended JDH’s contract almost as soon as he’d arrived. He was on a shortish deal and there were Agathe vibes about it. He’d actually started that season very well and has put in occasional excellent performances since, albeit hidden amongst a good few anonymous and some downright pish ones.

I still think he’s a good player and it wouldn’t surprise me if the next we saw of him was doing something like playing 35 games in a season for Motherwell as they finish 4th. Prior to the January arrivals he was probably the midfielder I held out most hope for, even if it’s just because he’s had fewer opportunities to disappoint than Joe Newell.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I remember proposing that we extended JDH’s contract almost as soon as he’d arrived. He was on a shortish deal and there were Agathe vibes about it. He’d actually started that season very well and has put in occasional excellent performances since, albeit hidden amongst a good few anonymous and some downright pish ones.

I still think he’s a good player and it wouldn’t surprise me if the next we saw of him was doing something like playing 35 games in a season for Motherwell as they finish 4th. Prior to the January arrivals he was probably the midfielder I held out most hope for, even if it’s just because he’s had fewer opportunities to disappoint than Joe Newell.
    Good to see someone take some accountability 😀. It’s Smartie’s fault JDH is here until the end of next season, unless we can convince Killmarnock to take another of our perma injured midfielders off our hands

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    It's an injury that will keep him out for more than the short or medium term, but that's not important right now...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Agathe was in a different league. JDH did look good, when first arriving, but also looked as if a puff of wind would knock him off the ball at times. I hope he recovers, and wish him well, but seriously doubt that he will ever pull on a Hibernian first team jersey again. Joe Newell like Agathe is leagues above JDH.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    And that’s just for this year
    I was thinking week