Feel for the lad

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back on loan at Airdrie for rest of the season

Feel for the lad
    It's a good move for him.

He'll get regular games and he'll develop even further.

He'll have been under no illusions about his standing in the first team and the reason for his temporary recall.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Feel for the lad
    Best thing for him, needs game time, they love him there. He has a chance to get Airdrie into the playoffs and then a decent pre-season with Hibs and see where it takes him

It's the right decision if it's been managed correctly on a personal level.

He was very, very good at Championship level but still a bit raw when he had to make the step up. Now we have Miller and Cadden back he is going to be 3rd in the pecking order. Another few months out playing games and winning MOTM will do him no harm. He's clearly well liked at Airdrie which will do his confidence no harm either.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Feel for the lad
    I presume this means Monty and the medical staff must be very confident Cadden is ready to play and won't break down.
    I ain't so confident that Cadden won't have niggling injuries for the rest of the season and would have kept the very good Megwa around.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    I presume this means Monty and the medical staff must be very confident Cadden is ready to play and won't break down.
    I ain't so confident that Cadden won't have niggling injuries for the rest of the season and would have kept the very good Megwa around.
    Can the boy we loaned from Bournemouth play right back? Assuming he's going to be fit at some point during his loan spell that is.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Can the boy we loaned from Bournemouth play right back? Assuming he's going to be fit at some point during his loan spell that is.
    Yes! As can Miller and Cadden

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    That's probably the thinking.
    A wee steer from the management on when we could hope to see Bevan fit would be good.

First Team Regular
    Seems like he's been messed about a bit but he's probably better off back there playing games for now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    Seems like he's been messed about a bit but he's probably better off back there playing games for now.
    I don't think he's been messed around, it was more necessity. Going back to Airdrie is ideal for him. He's played at SPL standard now and knows where he needs to be performance-wise. He'll have a good career, either with us or elsewhere I suspect.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Yes! As can Miller and Cadden
    whatís the deal with Harbottle?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Right footballing decision for the boy and hopefully he is still at an age where he has a lot of growing and filling out to do and the added experience will stand him in good stead come August

Shouldn't have been recalled in the first place no matter how much we were struggling. Thrown to the lions against the Huns and risked ruining the lad. Should have left him to continue his development at a lower level.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Feel for the lad
    Makes sense struggling to understand the rational of not playing him v St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    whatís the deal with Harbottle?
    On loan at either Colchester or Gillingham

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    I don't think he's been messed around, it was more necessity. Going back to Airdrie is ideal for him. He's played at SPL standard now and knows where he needs to be performance-wise. He'll have a good career, either with us or elsewhere I suspect.
    Agree with that we needed him at the time and he got some top league experience

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Shouldn't have been recalled in the first place no matter how much we were struggling. Thrown to the lions against the Huns and risked ruining the lad. Should have left him to continue his development at a lower level.
    It was either that, the 17 year old Whittaker or or the hopelessly one footed Stevenson playing out of position on the right.

Megwa is a right back, was playing well in the Championship and was needed. If he had excelled then he would still be in the side. As it was, he looked way out of his depth in all the games he played in.

Hibs did what was best for the club. Megwa had an opportunity. Thatís not risking ruining him. This is professional football, not some touchy feely jolly.

First Team Breakthrough
    Right decision as heís well off playing for hibs currently just like Whittaker

Left by mutual consent!
    Plenty things to have a pop at Hibs for, but I don't think recalling Megwa from Airdrie is one of them. It was pure necessity due to Miller being away and Cadden injured.

Na, we did what we needed to do at the time. Bet you he wasnít complaining about getting his chance either.

Think it was fair to bring him back to have a look when we had no right backs knowing full well we could send him back in the coming weeks. My only real hope is that the laddies momentum hasn't stalled and he just picks up where he left off for Airdrie.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Plenty things to have a pop at Hibs for, but I don't think recalling Megwa from Airdrie is one of them. It was pure necessity due to Miller being away and Cadden injured.
    This. We only had Whittaker available at the time, and it was the sensible thing to do. I know things are not great at the moment, but folk will criticise Hibs for anything they do.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Megwa will be delighted to be going back to Airdrie and regular football... he would also have been delighted to get his chance to play against Rangers. Great experience for the lad.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    That was my initial thought but when you think back we were in a bit of a crisis situation with the right back position.

The club felt it was the necessary thing to do at the time and similarly with the return to Airdrie for rest of season.

He did get a trip to Dubai out of it all!

Left by mutual consent!
    The most heartbreaking thing for me is that the lad has to set foot in Airdrie again.

Honest to God - Airdrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    The most heartbreaking thing for me is that the lad has to set foot in Airdrie again.

Honest to God - Airdrie.
    Donít think he does if he plays for Airdrie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Donít think he does if he plays for Airdrie.
    Metaphorically speaking of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    Metaphorically speaking of course!
    Yeh you can take the club out of Airdrie but....l

He's a professional footballer being asked to play professional football. How did it risk ruining him? He probably learned more from Rangers game than any other game in his career.

We needed him for that match. Now Cadden is back, we don't need him. Nothing sinister about it imo

What nonsense, he's been playing very well in the Championship and due to our circumstances we needed him back for cover, unfortunately it was against a pretty decent Rangers team and he probably learned more in that one game than he has this season already. He has rightly gone back on loan to continue his development and the fact that he was recalled and taken to our training camp, showed he was still in the managers thoughts.