hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should not have to. And hibs haven’t officially told shareholders re the nature of BK investments .
    What is it you want to know that you won't be told at the AGM?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    What is it you want to know that you won't be told at the AGM?
    You said financial info is in public domain. Until reading this article, to my knowledge, shareholders haven’t been told BK investment is going to FF corporate, FF rail seating and indoor pitch at East Mains .

We are already all ready said FF improvements are happening and selling season tickets for BTG .

But they haven’t had the AGM
    And have the approval for BK investment .

They must think we are buttoned up
    The back .

Hibs haven’t released this information directly to shareholders. I may have missed it if they did.

You seem to continually tell hibs fans what they should or shouldn’t do .
    Paying more attention would maybe help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Paying more attention would maybe help you.
    There you go again telling people what to do

You said financial info is in public domain. Until reading this article, to my knowledge, shareholders haven’t been told BK investment is going to FF corporate, FF rail seating and indoor pitch at East Mains .

We are already all ready said FF improvements are happening and selling season tickets for BTG .

But they haven’t had the AGM
    And have the approval for BK investment .

They must think we are buttoned up
    The back .
    All this information has been available for weeks. In about 10 different articles across lots of different media. So you are either making up the fact that you don’t know it already or you have just ignored it all. “They must think we are buttoned up the back”. Makes no sense at all. Nothing has been hidden.

There you go again telling people what to do
    Stop slagging the club then and claiming they are somehow hiding stuff. It’s embarrassing.

Stop slagging the club then and claiming they are somehow hiding stuff. It’s embarrassing.
    Stop telling me what to do . What have l said they are hiding ?

All this information has been available for weeks. In about 10 different articles across lots of different media. So you are either making up the fact that you don’t know it already or you have just ignored it all. “They must think we are buttoned up the back”. Makes no sense at all. Nothing has been hidden.
    Shareholders should have to read ten articles. Since you come over as Mr Hibs . Where have shareholders been given info about the proposed BK investment and where it will be spent ?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Shareholders should have to read ten articles. Since you come over as Mr Hibs . Where have shareholders been given info about the proposed BK investment and where it will be spent ?
    You'll get the broad strokes at the AGM. If you're looking for detailed breakdowns, I think you might be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You'll get the broad strokes at the AGM. If you're looking for detailed breakdowns, I think you might be disappointed.
    That’s not the point lm making . I’ve been crystal
    Clear . Ben has done interview with a paid hibs advisor. Information should have been provided to shareholders, to my knowledge l have not received it .

It’s a PR job and David Forsyth spin doctor, buttering shareholders up
    Pre AGM . Which he’s done for decades when board under pressure.

Ben on a few occasions has played down financial performance in these accounts. Performance is terrible.

Loads of articles across the press. Around £3m on infra and a few million for players in the summer. Quotes came from Ben and Foley. Approx 6m in total invested. The share spread was also covered in recent articles. As minor shareholders we won’t get any more info than what’s available to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    When is the deadine for voting?
    6pm on Sunday 25th if you want to vote by email.

6pm on Tuesday 27th if you want to vote in person.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    6pm on Sunday 25th if you want to vote by email.

6pm on Tuesday 27th if you want to vote in person.
    Where is this information available ? I`ve got a few shares and used to get accounts sent to me every year. I haven`t changed address since the last time I received accounts . Important that as many people as possible know when they can vote .

Existing shareholders see the value of their shares decrease through dilution but not sure anyone buys shares in Hibs hoping to make a profit

Still I can understand why existing shareholders may be unhappy

I got a trial subscription to read that article then cancelled the subscription after reading

Hibs do have to get things right on the pitch for this to work
    Not qualifying for Europe and exiting cups hits hard financially

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Existing shareholders see the value of their shares decrease through dilution but not sure anyone buys shares in Hibs hoping to make a profit

Still I can understand why existing shareholders may be unhappy

I got a trial subscription to read that article then cancelled the subscription after reading

Hibs do have to get things right on the pitch for this to work
    Not qualifying for Europe and exiting cups hits hard financially
    My share of the club will be diluted, that is a fact. The value of my shareholding will probably be the same.I will own a less percentage in a more valuable club.

Yeah dilution rather than value - thanks for the correction

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Where is this information available ? I`ve got a few shares and used to get accounts sent to me every year. I haven`t changed address since the last time I received accounts . Important that as many people as possible know when they can vote .
    The accounts don’t get posted out anymore, they are available on the club website, the other information was posted to shareholders with a voting form and details of how to vote. If you as a shareholder have not received this information then contact the club urgently

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    The accounts don’t get posted out anymore, they are available on the club website, the other information was posted to shareholders with a voting form and details of how to vote. If you as a shareholder have not received this information then contact the club urgently
    Ok. Thank you .

The most interesting part of the article for me is the word "may" when considered along with the earlier 1st paragraph.

Kensell said: “It took a few conversations with the SFA, that’s for sure, but I have to be honest and say they were pretty constructive. Conditions were imposed, but as we negotiated these reduced in number and complexity and by the time the final deal was hammered out I have to say I was pretty happy with the outcome.

”As part of that agreement, a chunk of the fresh investment will be spent on infrastructure – completing the refurbishment of the Famous Five Stand to create a new Behind the Goals area, and improvements to the training centre which may include a covered, all-weather training pitch amongst other things.

“But there will also be significant funds available to football, have no doubt about that” Kensell added.

"May" is a very different word to "will".
    Sounds like the SFA have allowed Hibs too much wiggle room and they will get out of building this covered pitch which would be sad as it's the only necessary infrastructure the club don't have and I fear there will never be another opportunity to build one i.e. we will never have the money in place again

Fingers crossed my assessment of the semantics is wrong.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 21-02-2024 at 10:57 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Yeah dilution rather than value - thanks for the correction
    My RBS shares have been vastly diluted since Gordon Brown's financial meltdown. Once worth a small fortune, ouch.

Left by mutual consent!
    The most interesting part of the article for me is the word "may" when considered along with the earlier 1st paragraph.

Kensell said: “It took a few conversations with the SFA, that’s for sure, but I have to be honest and say they were pretty constructive. Conditions were imposed, but as we negotiated these reduced in number and complexity and by the time the final deal was hammered out I have to say I was pretty happy with the outcome.

”As part of that agreement, a chunk of the fresh investment will be spent on infrastructure – completing the refurbishment of the Famous Five Stand to create a new Behind the Goals area, and improvements to the training centre which may include a covered, all-weather training pitch amongst other things.

“But there will also be significant funds available to football, have no doubt about that” Kensell added.

Sounds like the SFA have allowed Hibs too much wiggle room and they will get out of building this covered pitch which would be sad as it's the only necessary infrastructure the club don't have and I fear there will never be another opportunity to build one i.e. we will never have the money in place again

How do you know, that in the event, may build, isn't incorporated, that we'll never have the money in place again? The money you're talking about is nothing to the BK.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    My RBS shares have been vastly diluted since Gordon Brown's financial meltdown. Once worth a small fortune, ouch.
    It wasn't Gordon Brown's financial meltdown. It was a global recession and it's widely accepted, across the political spectrum, that Brown deserved huge credit for steering the country away from the worst of it.

But yes, RBS were hit hard but that was because of the cavalier attitude it had to risk.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It wasn't Gordon Brown's financial meltdown. It was a global recession and it's widely accepted, across the political spectrum, that Brown deserved huge credit for steering the country away from the worst of it.

But yes, RBS were hit hard but that was because of the cavalier attitude it had to risk.
    It was a global recession indeed, i just blame everyone at that time for my small fortune disappearing into the abyss

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    It was a global recession indeed, i just blame everyone at that time for my small fortune disappearing into the abyss
    Understandable. I know a few folk who had significant losses. The funny thing is that it didn't really affect their day to day lives at all, because the losses were investments not income or ready capital.

You seem about as stoic about it as they were. 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Understandable. I know a few folk who had significant losses. The funny thing is that it didn't really affect their day to day lives at all, because the losses were investments not income or ready capital.

You seem about as stoic about it as they were. 👍

i am, it was an inheritance, I'm very nonplussed really. Just annoyed at the dilution that we have no control over. I've since made another small fortune Mon the Hibs

Loads of articles across the press. Around £3m on infra and a few million for players in the summer. Quotes came from Ben and Foley. Approx 6m in total invested. The share spread was also covered in recent articles. As minor shareholders we won’t get any more info than what’s available to the public.
    If fans are voting for the fan ownership % to drop way below the 25.1% safety net and potentially to 0% at the next takeover (as per changes to articles of association) I’d be wanting much more black and white assurances than a bit of gossip from a couple businessmen with no non-monetary skin in the game.

Don’t think you should be so dismissive of fans who want to do a bit of due diligence on the future of our club.

You’re allowed to support the club and be concerned about an irreversible change to ownership (for a potential one off windfall) such as the current proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    My share of the club will be diluted, that is a fact. The value of my shareholding will probably be the same.I will own a less percentage in a more valuable club.
    If you owned 10% of the club today, that would be worth 4.5% after the vote.

You’d need the value of the club to increase by more than double for your summation to be true - unfortunately it won’t.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

If they think it'll add value and benefit the team then it'll happen. Owners have already shown they're willing to invest in such things. That's before the added Black Knight investment.

Personally rather see it spent on the playing squad.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

May because we need to seek and gain planning permission approval from East Lothian council before we can build such a facility.

So shareholders haven’t been told then. And you are using quotes from the press . Last thing ld be doing is trusting what the press say. I’d be suprised if there isn’t a presentation on the BK investment to woo shareholders and facilitate a positive vote and AGM