hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weird thread for a Hibernian forum.
    It really isn’t.

It’s a football related thread about a rival of ours.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Self-pitying victim complex merchants. ********s best ignored. Ugly Sister Victim and Ugly Sister Bigot, **** them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Whichever one of them is second in the league seems to dictate paranoia levels. There's anti Irish Catholics galore in Scotland(I don't see them as Scottish) but that isn't the reason Smelltic are *****.
    I’m presuming I must be reading this wrong, you don’t see catholics as Scottish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    So now that the Cream Buns are top of the Premiership, I've started to notice an undercurrent of theories from the Lesser Greens about 'the establishment' being out to help their rivals.

Everything from the biased meeja, to the government bodies to refereeing decisions. Not content to bring up sectarianism and their hatred for the Orange Order and Protestants, they also take a free hit against all Freemasons. The former I can empathise with, the next is simply ludicrous and the latter is discriminatory and unfounded.

The phrase I hear about Celtic fans is that they are "Always cheated, never defeated". Meaning, if things do not go their way, they seem to blame a fabled "conspiracy", rather than their teams poor performance on the pitch.

Was it John Greig that was famously photographed shaking hands in a "Masonic Way" with Tiny Wharton? Since then some Celtic fans seem to think a freemason-backed establishment conspiracy is out to get them, conveniently ignoring the fact that Jock Stein was also a Freemason. This "Anyone but Celtic" slavering is plain stupidity, however, small minds can easily be led astray with this unfactual nonsense.

To make matters worse I've started so see some anti-Freemason rhetoric appear on Hibs social media pages. As if every referee has to enter a degree initiation ceremony the day after passing theit referee exams.

Let's focus on vociforously calling out bad decisions against us, give evidence of bias and call for better standards. But please leave the infantile conspiracy theories about Freemasonry to the Smellies.
    well said Sir, first to wear the green!!!

Conflating the OO and Freemasons makes no sense. Most masons have nothing in common with those bigots.
    I never linked them, it was in the other thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We’re all masons except you.
    That makes me very happy 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    I’m presuming I must be reading this wrong, you don’t see catholics as Scottish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surely Scottish people are Scottish, regardless of what fairytales, children's stories and poppycock they believe?

So now that the Cream Buns are top of the Premiership, I've started to notice an undercurrent of theories from the Lesser Greens about 'the establishment' being out to help their rivals.

Everything from the biased meeja, to the government bodies to refereeing decisions. Not content to bring up sectarianism and their hatred for the Orange Order and Protestants, they also take a free hit against all Freemasons. The former I can empathise with, the next is simply ludicrous and the latter is discriminatory and unfounded.

The phrase I hear about Celtic fans is that they are "Always cheated, never defeated". Meaning, if things do not go their way, they seem to blame a fabled "conspiracy", rather than their teams poor performance on the pitch.

Was it John Greig that was famously photographed shaking hands in a "Masonic Way" with Tiny Wharton? Since then some Celtic fans seem to think a freemason-backed establishment conspiracy is out to get them, conveniently ignoring the fact that Jock Stein was also a Freemason. This "Anyone but Celtic" slavering is plain stupidity, however, small minds can easily be led astray with this unfactual nonsense.

To make matters worse I've started so see some anti-Freemason rhetoric appear on Hibs social media pages. As if every referee has to enter a degree initiation ceremony the day after passing theit referee exams.

Let's focus on vociforously calling out bad decisions against us, give evidence of bias and call for better standards. But please leave the infantile conspiracy theories about Freemasonry to the Smellies.
    What a load of complete crap.

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    What a load of complete crap.
    Click on the link in Carheenlea's post.

The video is entitled "Anyone but Celtic".

You won't need to watch more that ten minutes to revise that statement
    Last edited by RIP; 21-02-2024 at 08:00 AM.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with the OP.

I do agree that the hysteria spouted by some Celtic fans is way over the top. Outside the Rangers they do seem to get much more favourable decisions than the other clubs.

However, you just need to look at the statistics of pens awarded and pens conceded over many years, to accept that the Rangers are treated much more favourably than any other club. Add in the fact that the titles and cups are almost always won by the 2 clubs, then it is easy to see why some Celtic fans believe there is a conspiracy against them.

On the subject of Irish/Catholic prejudice, sadly I think this still exists in Scotland, particularly away from the East. This is an news story from only a few days ago but theses incidents are not uncommon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...d-32003491.amp

The religious prejudice involved is disturbing.

One other thing I'd add is that in a lifetime engaging with Hibs supporters, Celtic supporters and/or Catholic people, I've never came across any prejudice against Protestant people. I can't say that of Rangers supporters for sure.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 21-02-2024 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    You could have just said, I'm a mason and I don't like them being mean about us. Would've saved you 5 / 6 paragraphs.
    Spot on,he's a goatskin.

My Celtic-supporting mate actively revels in the fact that they’re the establishment club now, and the bites he gets from all and hundry are hilarious.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Wondering what the order of things were. Celtc not winning every week and then a building agenda against them or the agenda building and then they aren't winning every week.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    How is it paranoia when it’s Celtic fans but normal when it’s us??

This forum has been greeting about refs and var for a few weeks with some folk wanting us to write letters and issue statements!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Surely Scottish people are Scottish, regardless of what fairytales, children's stories and poppycock they believe?
    Surely you can be Scottish and have a religion though?

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with the OP.

I do agree that the hysteria spouted by some Celtic fans is way over the top. Outside the Rangers they do seem to get much more favourable decisions than the other clubs.

However, you just need to look at the statistics of pens awarded and pens conceded over many years, to accept that the Rangers are treated much more favourably than any other club. Add in the fact that the titles and cups are almost always won by the 2 clubs, then it is easy to see why some Celtic fans believe there is a conspiracy against them.

On the subject of Irish/Catholic prejudice, sadly I think this still exists in Scotland, particularly away from the East. This is an news story from only a few days ago but theses incidents are not uncommon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...d-32003491.amp

The religious prejudice involved is disturbing.

One other thing I'd add is that in a lifetime engaging with Hibs supporters, Celtic supporters and/or Catholic people, I've never came across any prejudice against Protestant people. I can't say that of Rangers supporters for sure.

How does rangers and Celtic almost always winning winning every cup and trophy equate to a conspiracy against Celtic? They’ve won far more than anyone for a significant time, rangers have been back in the top flight for 7 full seasons, and Celtic have largely dominated them during that period

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

This forum has been greeting about refs and var for a few weeks with some folk wanting us to write letters and issue statements!
    The difference is we win **** all and can justify our moaning.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The difference is we win **** all and can justify our moaning.
    Fair comment!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I did think as well in fairness

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Spot on,he's a goatskin.
    You referring to me ya saftie.

Why don't you join me as a member of St Pat's branch of the HSA and I'll show you the photos of my family trip to Ballingarry Ireland last year to visit the birthplace of our founder.

Then if you speak to me nicely, I'll show you my full back tattoo collection. It's visible on my avatar.

Cannon Hannan, St Pat's Church, Pat Stanton,
    Canongate, Scottish Cup, Irish Harp all signed off by the signature - Southsider.

I'm coming up for 68 and still never crossed the door of a Masonic Lodge. Read my first post again. Maybe you won't miss the point so spectacularly second time around 🤣
    Last edited by RIP; 21-02-2024 at 06:58 PM.

They will be even more paranoid Roger’s interested in abdellah zoubir that played for us

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    Surely you can be Scottish and have a religion though?
    You can be Scottish ave believe in whatever nonsense you like, and you are still Scottish 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    If you don’t sense a huge swell of paranoia among the fan base then I’d recommend a look at this if you have a spare hour. You might change your mind!

https://youtu.be/M4Ld__g_L3A?feature=shared
    My god, that is embarrassing. Complete zoomers!
    With a degree of intelligence they could have made a valid 20 minute piece but what you get is over an hour of howling at the moon.
    Obviously the target audience are the unquestioning hoards.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 21-02-2024 at 09:32 PM.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    How does rangers and Celtic almost always winning winning every cup and trophy equate to a conspiracy against Celtic? They’ve won far more than anyone for a significant time, rangers have been back in the top flight for 7 full seasons, and Celtic have largely dominated them during that period
    Their view on life is is only 2 clubs exist in Scotland that matter. Every other club is a diddy club. If the conspiracy is that officials favour the Rangers (and the stats suggest that) then it's anti Celtic.

If there is any conspiracy, then it's pro Rangers to the detriment of every other club, not just Celtic.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    You can be Scottish ave believe in whatever nonsense you like, and you are still Scottish 😊

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    My god, that is embarrassing. Complete zoomers!
    With a degree of intelligence they could have made a valid 20 minute piece but what you get is over an hour of howling at the moon.
    Obviously the target audience are the unquestioning hoards.
    Worth keeping in mind that Celtic gave this tin foil hatter access to stadium for this, and former players who are part of the fabric of the club made contribution to this nonsense as well.

Beyond parody.

Left by mutual consent!
    Worth keeping in mind that Celtic gave this tin foil hatter access to stadium for this, and former players who are part of the fabric of the club made contribution to this nonsense as well.

Beyond parody.
    Craig Thompson's face was paraded on more than one occasion. That was never a referee. At least he got that right. Think the other one Craig Napier is the thing Thompson's prodigy. There is an element of truth, in there, of course there is, it was a clumsy, and amateurish video in parts though. Anyone, that's followed Hibernian for decades knows that there has been a definite establishment in the refereeing circles.

Beyond parody.
    Sean Fallon is an old man and lets just say, I think the film makers took advantage of him.
    As for Tom Boyd, it would be interesting to hear what he was told before making his contribution which didn't really follow the madness of the rest of it.
    I picture him taking a deep intake of breath when he saw the bat **** finished product. Similarly Celtic PLC when it was brought to their notice. I trust Boyd and the club learned a lesson.

The content of the film had mare holes than Rab C's vest.
    Stories where the punchline didn't make their point like the conspirators appointing a Hearts supporter to referee the Hearts v Dundee game to ensure that Celtic didn't win the title. All good but Albert Kidd and Dundee won the game, unstopped by the referee, meaning Celtic won the league.
    Then there was all the cringe stuff about the woman at the SFA which bizarely had nothing to do with any Rangers/Masonic conspiracy. Just base titilation to keep the attention of the easily manipulated Cellik supporting dullards the film was aimed at.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 22-02-2024 at 10:58 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Sean Fallon is an old man and lets just say, I think the film makers took advantage of him.
    As for Tom Boyd, it would be interesting to hear what he was told before making his contribution which didn't really follow the madness of the rest of it.
    I picture him taking a deep intake of breath when he saw the bat **** finished product. Similarly Celtic PLC when it was brought to their notice. I trust Boyd and the club learned a lesson.

The makers told stories where the punchline didn't make their point like the conspirators appointing a Hearts supporter to referee the Hearts v Dundee game to ensure that Celtic didn't win the title. All good but Albert Kidd and Dundee won the game, unstopped by the referee, meaning Celtic won the league.
    Then there was all the cringe stuff about the woman at the SFA which bizarely had nothing to do with any Rangers/Masonic conspiracy. I presume it was included to keep the attention of the dullards.
    Genuine question, why are you attempting to make out, that there wasn't a hierarchy, within refereeing circles? Just about every Hibernian supporter over the age of 30 knows that there has been? Why are you so passionate, on the side of, the Bob Valentine's, Craig Thompson's, Craig Napier's etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    Genuine question, why are you attempting to make out, that there wasn't a hierarchy, within refereeing circles? Just about every Hibernian supporter over the age of 30 knows that there has been? Why are you so passionate, on the side of, the Bob Valentine's, Craig Thompson's, Craig Napier's etc?
    Have you watched the film?
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 22-02-2024 at 11:16 PM.