hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you’re not a sad, lurking Jambo, as others have suggested, you must qualify as one of the most recent depressing punters on this message board. You’ve hardly uttered a positive word in your posts about the team you claim to have supported for many, many years and if you’re so long in the tooth, it might be in your health interests to take a back seat for a spell, while our club sorts itself out, which I think is, hopefully, on the cards. Before you dismiss me as a happy clapper, I’m ages with you and have been through thick and thin with Hibs. I’ve gone through stages of really slagging off the team and going overboard with negative observations. But I’ve met my road to Damascus, now try to accept the good with the bad, and avoid getting my knickers in a twist. Lighten up for God’s sake.
    👏👏

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Said earlier in the thread but we seem to have got the better of Dundee this season. Battered them in September but somehow drew. Beat them at Dens. I'm expecting a win tomorrow. What might go against us is there are some very streetwise teams and managers in this league. Docherty seems to be one. I don't think it'll be a St Mirren type schooling but won't be easy. 1-0 Hibs. Anything less than a win won't be good enough.
    It's just so hard to imagine us not conceding at least one goal, which makes it so much harder to dig out a win. Dundee will be confident they can come out on top. They really should have beaten Hearts the last two times they played them so I'm struggling to see better than a share of the spoils for us. 1-1 seems a reasonable bet.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    wtf?
    Marcondes?

Quote Originally Posted by john rossi View Post
    This really is last chance salon for Montgomery and I have little confidence that he will turn fortunes around as results have shown him up.Not impressed with his jan signings other than Moriah Welsh. Maoeleda lacks pace as does Marciano, I have read the script so many times being a Hibee and I feel it’s another St Mirrien disaster waiting to happen which should see this imposter out the door and for gods sake Hibs 4th time lucky get an experienced manager in mcinnes please but with this board of directors will probably take the cheap option and appoint another untried nobody.

We have players from the January signings that are way beyond or normal standard and price range, and your not happy with them, I disagree and can see their class and as for Moriah Welsh he is great and on a permanent so good window.
    the board of directors keep listening the fans and sacking managers we will never progress we need a bit stability, hold our nerve support the club and persevere

Know there has been a bit of debate in the past about so called must win games.

But we are without a league win since mid December, time and patience is fast running out on Montgomery. The Yam are out of sight and Kilmarnock & St Mirren almost out of reach.

With the derby on Wednesday, tomorrow is a must win in my book or it's going to get messy.
    Last edited by Hibees1973; 23-02-2024 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeshibs View Post
    We have players from the January signings that are way beyond or normal standard and price range, and your not happy with them, I disagree and can see their class and as for Moriah Welsh he is great and on a permanent so good window.
    the board of directors keep listening the fans and sacking managers we will never progress we need a bit stability, hold our nerve support the club and persevere
    The board never listened to the fans and kept LJ after the 3-0 Scottish Cup game and it's lead us into another transitional season of guff because we sacked him to late after backing him in the summer.

One of the January loanees is one usually out our price range I would guess. Not saying two or three of them could be really good mind you, high hopes for Moriah-Welsh and Marcondes is a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    The board never listened to the fans and kept LJ after the 3-0 Scottish Cup game and it's lead us into another transitional season of guff because we sacked him to late after backing him in the summer.

One of the January loanees is one usually out our price range I would guess. Not saying two or three of them could be really good mind you, high hopes for Moriah-Welsh and Marcondes is a class act.
    It's got to the point that if they sack yet another manager, The Gordons and Kensell look ridiculous.

Which to be honest, is fair comment now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    It's got to the point that if they sack yet another manager, The Gordons and Kensell look ridiculous.

fair shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I see Rocky has turned into this superb player whilst being away. Some folk have short memories.

A bit like Jair, he has improved but is nowhere near good enough for us.

Right now Fish and Hanlon are the best pairing we have. Not saying they are brilliant and clearly not the long term pairing, but the long term has to start from the summer.
    I would agree but Hanlon isn’t match fit and we need consistency
    If Marshal is still injured NM might not want to have to make another change to defence
    But if he persists with the young laddie and he costs us a goal and we don’t win the game he will get slated
    Big Call whoever he plays as they all halves mistakes in them Hence we are third worst defence in League

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    It's just so hard to imagine us not conceding at least one goal, which makes it so much harder to dig out a win. Dundee will be confident they can come out on top. They really should have beaten Hearts the last two times they played them so I'm struggling to see better than a share of the spoils for us. 1-1 seems a reasonable bet.
    Im not so sure they’ll be that confident. Hearts have been lucky with results in the last two derbies against us IMO and we are 4 points to Dundees 1 in the head to heads versus them.
    Last edited by greenlex; 24-02-2024 at 02:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Dundee sold out their initial allocation of 1300 tickets, and given more

Coaching Staff
    This really is last chance salon for Montgomery and I have little confidence that he will turn fortunes around as results have shown him up.Not impressed with his jan signings other than Moriah Welsh. Maoeleda lacks pace as does Marciano, I have read the script so many times being a Hibee and I feel it’s another St Mirrien disaster waiting to happen which should see this imposter out the door and for gods sake Hibs 4th time lucky get an experienced manager in mcinnes please but with this board of directors will probably take the cheap option and appoint another untried nobody.
    Time for a launching methinks

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    wtf?
    LOL, it's so obvious isn't it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I see Rocky has turned into this superb player whilst being away. Some folk have short memories.

A bit like Jair, he has improved but is nowhere near good enough for us.

Right now Fish and Hanlon are the best pairing we have. Not saying they are brilliant and clearly not the long term pairing, but the long term has to start from the summer.
    Agree! Rocky is still our worse option at centre back. Doesn’t have any positional awareness.

First Team Breakthrough supershotmo's Avatar
    Chinese whisper that front 3 today are Boyle, Maolida (if
    correctly spelled) and Vente.

Quote Originally Posted by supershotmo View Post
    Be surprised if it's not Youan , Maolida and Boyle though could be the type of game that would suit a poacher like Vente as well . .

Quote Originally Posted by supershotmo View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if Youan didn’t play.

Hooked at half time against St Mirren, benched at ICT, hooked early at Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if Youan didn’t play.

Hooked at half time against St Mirren, benched at ICT, hooked early at Aberdeen.
    He's still our joint top scorer though and I think is 2nd for assists too . Think it's a brave call if Monty were to leave him out .

Can't see Elie getting dropped. Vente needs to work his way back into the team imo. No get dropped in most important match of the season so far

I can see Elie being well up for this today.

Wee nerves kicking in still tho!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Oh the bants eh? We've got Dundee today mate, who are you lot playing?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Can we just get this obvious jambo to ****?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

Not all of the Gordons I would suggest, just Ian. BK certainly.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Can we just get this obvious jambo to ****?
    Rossi: The Italian plural for Rosso, for which see the definition below. Just sayin'.

red [noun, adjective] (of hair or fur) (of) a colour/color which varies between a golden brown and a deep reddish-brown

Rocky. Emi. Vente start.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Rocky. Emi. Vente start.
    For Triantis, Levitt and Myziane?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Vente's in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    For Triantis, Levitt and Myziane?
    Youan for Vente.

Rocky and Fish doesn’t fill me with confidence to be honest.

However it could’ve been any pairing at CB
    Last edited by Stuart93; 24-02-2024 at 12:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Marshall

Miller
    Fish
    Rocky
    Obita

Newell
    Moriah-Welsh
    Marcondes

Boyle
    Vente
    Maolida

I quite like the look of the team though. Really hoping vente can turn a corner today, a goal for him would be good