hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Montys last straw for me. Win or he needs to go. Simple as that. draw no good as top 6 will be gone. I will be there living in hope a usual

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was slightly surprised to see folk calling for Rocky to be included in the first team so soon after returning. He has certainly had his 'moments', where he's looked less than capable, but if he is picked, we can only hope that Monty knows what he is doing, and wins a vital three points at home. Let's look at the other scenario, Rocky is picked to start, makes game changing mistake, Monty's finished imo. If Rocky is picked and solid, with a comfortable home win, all is good and Monty gains credit. There's a lot riding on tomorrow, especially for the management team. Just win.
    I disagree that monty will get credit for picking Rocky and he has a good game. Like Tavares folk have their minds made up and they will never be changed no matter what the players do.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough
    This really is last chance salon for Montgomery and I have little confidence that he will turn fortunes around as results have shown him up.Not impressed with his jan signings other than Moriah Welsh. Maoeleda lacks pace as does Marciano, I have read the script so many times being a Hibee and I feel it’s another St Mirrien disaster waiting to happen which should see this imposter out the door and for gods sake Hibs 4th time lucky get an experienced manager in mcinnes please but with this board of directors will probably take the cheap option and appoint another untried nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by john rossi View Post
    This really is last chance salon for Montgomery and I have little confidence that he will turn fortunes around as results have shown him up.Not impressed with his jan signings other than Moriah Welsh. Maoeleda lacks pace as does Marciano, I have read the script so many times being a Hibee and I feel it’s another St Mirrien disaster waiting to happen which should see this imposter out the door and for gods sake Hibs 4th time lucky get an experienced manager in mcinnes please but with this board of directors will probably take the cheap option and appoint another untried nobody.
    Not impressed with Malioda?

Are your eyes painted on?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I disagree that monty will get credit for picking Rocky and he has a good game. Like Tavares folk have their minds made up and they will never be changed no matter what the players do.
    Not all folk. Not at all. Maybe some.

If Rocky was to be picked, and its purely hypothetical, and has a solid game, with us winning, very few would be criticising Rocky or Monty, after the match. Rocky has to show consistency, and produce every week to be free from criticism. I don't think he will be picked in any case, but if he is, of course I hope he has a good performance, and goes on to prove his doubters wrong, including me, I've yet to be convinced that he can, but hope he can.

First Team Breakthrough
    If we have any chance of winning tomorrow which I have Just posted as extremely unlikely my team would Marshal, Miller,Rocky,Hanlon,Obita, Boyle,newall,Moriah Welsh,Stevenson,Maolida,Yohan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Not impressed with Malioda?

Are your eyes painted on?
    Wild, isn't it?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    If we have any chance of winning tomorrow which I have Just posted as extremely unlikely my team would Marshal, Miller,Rocky,Hanlon,Obita, Boyle,newall,Moriah Welsh,Stevenson,Maolida,Yohan.
    You do know its a game we need to win and not park the bus and hit on the counter.

@hibs.net private member
    Extremely unlikely ? Ffs have a day off, its Dundee not Real Madrid 🤣

You are at it.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Agreed, some at most!

People rate players based on what see on the pitch. It wouldn't make any sense to hate on a player who you saw playing well and there would be no reason for anyone to do so.

If Rocky, or anyone else, goes on a run of tremendous performances, he could become a fans favourite or Hibs hero. If he costs us goals and points every week, folk will want him dropped and replaced. It's entirely down to the player.

Same as NM. There's no agenda or any other BS at play here. Win and we'll be happy, lose and we'll want him gone. Well, some of us will anyways!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Agreed, some at most!

People rate players based on what see on the pitch. It wouldn't make any sense to hate on a player who you saw playing well and there would be no reason for anyone to do so.

If Rocky, or anyone else, goes on a run of tremendous performances, he could become a fans favourite or Hibs hero. If he costs us goals and points every week, folk will want him dropped and replaced. It's entirely down to the player.

Same as NM. There's no agenda or any other BS at play here. Win and we'll be happy, lose and we'll want him gone. Well, some of us will anyways!
    Exactly. Couldn't have put it any better than that. A few wins to settle the nerves, builds momentum and optimism. Naismith was under a barrage of boos and calls to be sacked until Shankland saved him. Monty does need to start winning matches though, get some good feel back. Excellent post though.

If Rocky was to be picked, and its purely hypothetical, and has a solid game, with us winning, very few would be criticising Rocky or Monty, after the match. Rocky has to show consistency, and produce every week to be free from criticism. I don't think he will be picked in any case, but if he is, of course I hope he has a good performance, and goes on to prove his doubters wrong, including me, I've yet to be convinced that he can, but hope he can.
    I meant there are some folk, not everyone. I refuse to write off rocky and Tavares because I like them as people and I think the have some decent attributes on the pitch.

And you’ll come on here and those who don’t think Rocky has got it will be suspiciously quiet.

Sorry this is total hijack, not really relevant to tomorrow.

With the quality we have, a striker that went for €14m and a 800k striker on the bench, we should be wiping the floor with Dundee. He has to win tomorrow, if he doesn't it won't be pretty.

Left by mutual consent!
    I meant there are some folk, not everyone. I refuse to write off rocky and Tavares because I like them as people and I think the have some decent attributes on the pitch.

And you’ll come on here and those who don’t think Rocky has got it will be suspiciously quiet.

Sorry this is total hijack, not really relevant to tomorrow.
    I don't fully understand all of your post. However, if Rocky was to be picked and has a good solid game, he would be praised for doing so, based on the watched game of the moment. If he goes on a run of games, with similarly decent to good performances, no one will have any reason to criticise him, and will begin to praise him. I hope he does, same with every Hibernian player. Most of us only criticise when its deserved, me included.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's saloon.

Christ!

You may as well cut your wrists now.

FFS

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Rocky has to play for me. Triantis has played 3, gave away 2 pens, had some dodgy passing and was sleeping at aberdeens first.

We can’t afford one of our CBs giving a goal away every game they play

Said earlier in the thread but we seem to have got the better of Dundee this season. Battered them in September but somehow drew. Beat them at Dens. I'm expecting a win tomorrow. What might go against us is there are some very streetwise teams and managers in this league. Docherty seems to be one. I don't think it'll be a St Mirren type schooling but won't be easy. 1-0 Hibs. Anything less than a win won't be good enough.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    We'll win tomorrow and everyone will be feeling much better about Hibs by Saturday night.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought your earlier post was by far the worst on this thread then you went and posted this

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    I thought your earlier post was by far the worst on this thread then you went and posted this
    100% Jambo. Yohan ffs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    100% Jambo. Yohan ffs
    And Marciano lacks pace

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    And Marciano lacks pace
    Great with his hands though :)

I don't fully understand all of your post. However, if Rocky was to be picked and has a good solid game, he would be praised for doing so, based on the watched game of the moment. If he goes on a run of games, with similarly decent to good performances, no one will have any reason to criticise him, and will begin to praise him. I hope he does, same with every Hibernian player. Most of us only criticise when its deserved, me included.
    I disagree, it’s very telling who is around after a defeat and who’s around after a victory.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    With the quality we have, a striker that went for €14m and a 800k striker on the bench, we should be wiping the floor with Dundee. He has to win tomorrow, if he doesn't it won't be pretty.
    I don’t think that end of the park will be an issue tomorrow. Expect us to score a couple of goals. Whether we keep the ball out of our own net will be the issue for me.

Left by mutual consent!
    I disagree, it’s very telling who is around after a defeat and who’s around after a victory.
    You've lost me completely. I was discussing Rocky being picked or not, and his potential for either praise or criticism. A valid conversation, given posters began saying that in their opinion Rocky should be a starter tomorrow. If he's picked, as said I hope he has a good game, and that we win, and Monty is given credit for winning what has become almost a must win game tomorrow, of which I've put a few coin on us to do so.

You've lost me completely. I was discussing Rocky being picked or not, and his potential for either praise or criticism. A valid conversation, given posters began saying that in their opinion Rocky should be a starter tomorrow. If he's picked, as said I hope he has a good game, and that we win, and Monty is given credit for winning what has become almost a must win game tomorrow, of which I've put a few coin on us to do so.
    And my point was that I don’t think for certain people Rocky will ever have a good game Hibs, regardless of what happens.

Doesn’t matter anyway, we’ve bigger fish to fry tomorrow and 3 points please.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    And my point was that I don’t think for certain people Rocky will ever have a good game Hibs, regardless of what happens.

Doesn’t matter anyway, we’ve bigger fish to fry tomorrow and 3 points please.
    I see now what you were driving at. There very probably is some folk that will never take to some players, regardless of how they perform. One mistake and they're up off their seats pointing and hollering at them, while others make similar mistakes and nothing said. I get your point on that, that there are some folk that, once given their opinion, will never change it, fair dos. And, yes 3 points tomorrow definitely. Not just for a few quid from a coupon, but for Monty and the club.

Blog Entries
    If you’re not a sad, lurking Jambo, as others have suggested, you must qualify as one of the most recent depressing punters on this message board. You’ve hardly uttered a positive word in your posts about the team you claim to have supported for many, many years and if you’re so long in the tooth, it might be in your health interests to take a back seat for a spell, while our club sorts itself out, which I think is, hopefully, on the cards. Before you dismiss me as a happy clapper, I’m ages with you and have been through thick and thin with Hibs. I’ve gone through stages of really slagging off the team and going overboard with negative observations. But I’ve met my road to Damascus, now try to accept the good with the bad, and avoid getting my knickers in a twist. Lighten up for God’s sake.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    wtf?