hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I detest Shinnie and his antics. When was the last time we had a player who fights, claims for every foul even when blatantly obvious it isn’t our free kick, I said after the semi final. If Shinnie was wearing green that day we don’t lose.

We’re still too nice imo.

I’d say this is a role I’d want Newell to play more since he’s wearing the captains armband
    Aberdeen won that game due to a breakaway goal after we completely dominated them.

How does Shinnie get the credit for that? I barely noticed him.

Ryan Porteous acted similarly but wasn’t as savvy with it - and a lot us were getting tired with it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Liam Craig got lambasted for constantly moaning at the refs as captain.
    No, he moaned a lot, but at his teammates, under his breath, with drooped shoulders and an annoying expression on his face. Liam Craig got lambasted on here for basically throwing in the towel. Terrible captain.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    No, he moaned a lot, but at his teammates, under his breath, with drooped shoulders and an annoying expression on his face. Liam Craig got lambasted on here for basically throwing in the towel. Terrible captain.
    He was also at the referees constantly. And it was picked up by many as an argument against him.

‘I wished he’d stop getting on at the ref and just get on with it’ that kind of thing.

Terrible captain, I agree.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    He’s always doing one of my football pet peeves too. Falling down (whether by genuine foul or diving) and immediately grabbing the ball before the referee has even whistled.

See when he fouled miller with a shocker of a tackle, genuinely could have been injured then Shinnie starts shouting at him when he's on the ground, what a weasel of a man.

I like Newell but he absolutely should be sticking up for Miller in that situation and telling Shinnie to ****** off. That or crunch Shinnie with his next tackle and take a yellow.

Shinnie gets away with so much but the refs are to blame, if I were a ref I'd be sick of him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Shinnie coudlnt get a game at wigan and ends up at a small club like Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    See when he fouled miller with a shocker of a tackle, genuinely could have been injured then Shinnie starts shouting at him when he's on the ground, what a weasel of a man.

I like Newell but he absolutely should be sticking up for Miller in that situation and telling Shinnie to ****** off. That or crunch Shinnie with his next tackle and take a yellow.

Shinnie gets away with so much but the refs are to blame, if I were a ref I'd be sick of him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Don’t know if that was shown in the highlights but looked a borderline red at the game.

Disgraceful tackle.

First Team Regular
    It’s possible to be an aggressive and inspirational leader on the pitch without also being a cheat. See John McGinn formerly of this parish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    He was also at the referees constantly. And it was picked up by many as an argument against him.

‘I wished he’d stop getting on at the ref and just get on with it’ that kind of thing.

Terrible captain, I agree.
    I think it's about how you go about it. I remember LC throwing his arms about like a laddie having a hissy tantrum more than any proper authority. Shinnie, although a ****, does have a bit authority about him.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    ‘He talks a lot”— Neil Warnock.