@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good highlights reel

Thanks for posting

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Poor turnout from hibs fans tonight but well worth going too. Some of the best football we have played all season from the young lads.
    Pleasing to hear regarding the football side, we do have a few highly regarded young players in the current set up.

Maybe a new golden generation mixed with some big name signings and the league will come home to Easter Road 😁

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Couple of my mates were at the game and said it was a bit of a bizarre spectacle. Raith very much treating it as a testimonial playing at walking pace and bringing on their management team for a cameo. Hibs youngsters apparently playing at a real tempo and clearly trying to impress our gaffer.

I'd assume there would have been a discussion pre match about how each team would approach the game so no one would have been caught off guard. If we have played at a proper pace then it's good minutes in the legs for the young lads and fringe players which is welcome.
    I’m sure I read somewhere that Montgomery had told Raith we’d be treating the game like a properly friendly.

Strange time of year to hold such an event.

Some time in July with the incentive of seeing a few new signings and we’d surely pack their ground out? Although maybe Raith would want (need) the revenue from a game at that time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    Excellent, thanks! The lad who scored #5 looks about 10! Is Landers injured?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Couple of my mates were at the game and said it was a bit of a bizarre spectacle. Raith very much treating it as a testimonial playing at walking pace and bringing on their management team for a cameo. Hibs youngsters apparently playing at a real tempo and clearly trying to impress our gaffer.

I'd assume there would have been a discussion pre match about how each team would approach the game so no one would have been caught off guard. If we have played at a proper pace then it's good minutes in the legs for the young lads and fringe players which is welcome.
    Not sure I’d have described it as walking pace. They did put in some crunching tackles and thump the ball out. Some good slick movement and stuff that didn’t always come off. Jair settled into the game and had an impact - as you hope. Maolida(?) put in the effort some things just didn’t come off for him and obv some of the link up play not quite as flowing due to I imagine lack of familiarity. But you could see what we were trying to do. Some good close work trying to break through the defence keeping tight turn and spin away. Murray will be kicking himself at the goal but did well I thought.

Raith were a threat - hit the bar before we scored iirc and got into some good positions and took their goal well. Never gave up.

Two additional things make that three stick in the mind:

1) that song about “Kirkcaldy….” Wtf?!
    2) the mobile phone lights? Thjng what was that about?
    3) the Stuart’s pies (perfect and great quality)

also booing the guy (comedy intended I’m guessing) is shan patter. As was shouting out “sh@@&Ł bag” when our goalie comes for a ball / kicks. But each to their own
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Not sure I’d have described it as walking pace. They did put in some crunching tackles and thump the ball out. Some good slick movement and stuff that didn’t always come off. Jair settled into the game and had an impact - as you hope. Maolida(?) put in the effort some things just didn’t come off for him and obv some of the link up play not quite as flowing due to I imagine lack of familiarity. But you could see what we were trying to do. Some good close work trying to break through the defence keeping tight turn and spin away. Murray will be kicking himself at the goal but did well I thought.

Raith were a threat - hit the bar before we scored iirc and got into some good positions and took their goal well. Never gave up.

also booing the guy (comedy intended I’m guessing) is shan patter. As was shouting out “sh@@&Ł bag” when our goalie comes for a ball / kicks. But each to their own
    No no no no, Geordie Munro. What a song. Canny beat a good Fife tune

It was good to see so many of the Hibs youngsters getting put in the spotlight of a larger Hibs support (slightly larger). With so many of the young players getting game time, it got me thinking, how many were born after Lewis Stevenson made his debut of Hibs. I checked, there were eleven players playing alongside Lewis who were all born after Lewis debuted in 2005. And even three that were born after he won his first cup in 2007.

As an aside, Josh McDonald got Hibs fifth on the night, Josh is still fifteen, is he now Hibs youngest ever goal scorer? (I know it was not competitive but even so).

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

No point playing it mid season if not going to get something out of it in terms of keeping people sharp or opportunity for young boys. Good that Monty got the whole first team squad to turn up too.

5-1 for the youngsters against a pretty strong Rovers team who are top of the league is pretty good, friendly or not. I know they brought on their manager etc eventually but game was done and dusted by then. We should be going out with a ruthless mindset in every game no mater if it's competitive or not. I hate the "it's only a friendly" phrase. If they weren't treating it like a competitive game then that's on them. Well done the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    5-1 for the youngsters against a pretty strong Rovers team who are top of the league is pretty good, friendly or not. I know they brought on their manager etc eventually but game was done and dusted by then. We should be going out with a ruthless mindset in every game no mater if it's competitive or not. I hate the "it's only a friendly" phrase. If they weren't treating it like a competitive game then that's on them. Well done the youngsters.
    Watched the highlights there they were certainly putting effort in. Can't imagine Ian Murray would allow anything else. Good run out.

Who was the boy that came up from down south - was it Regan?
    Was he one of their dev/youth team players?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Who was the boy that came up from down south - was it Regan?
    Was he one of their dev/youth team players?
    Maybe Regan Hendry was at Raith think Celtic before then moved down south want to say Forest Green may be wrong.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    It was good to see so many of the Hibs youngsters getting put in the spotlight of a larger Hibs support (slightly larger). With so many of the young players getting game time, it got me thinking, how many were born after Lewis Stevenson made his debut of Hibs. I checked, there were eleven players playing alongside Lewis who were all born after Lewis debuted in 2005. And even three that were born after he won his first cup in 2007.

As an aside, Josh McDonald got Hibs fifth on the night, Josh is still fifteen, is he now Hibs youngest ever goal scorer? (I know it was not competitive but even so).
    Think Josh Landers was 14 when he scored for the 18s in a youth cup game a couple of seasons ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

First Team Breakthrough

There was a group of weirdos shouting abuse at Murray Johnston all night calling him a sh***bag and a c***.

Strange behaviour.

His Dad was sat nearby. Not that they would know that..

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    There was a group of weirdos shouting abuse at Murray Johnston all night calling him a sh***bag and a c***.

Strange behaviour.

Hibs fans?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Maybe Regan Hendry was at Raith think Celtic before then moved down south want to say Forest Green may be wrong.
    that’s the fella

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Hibs fans?
    Yes.

Yes.
    Ffs they should have been told. Very odd

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Yes.
    bizarre behaviour

First Team Breakthrough

Strange behaviour.

Yeah I found it strange too. Wondered if it was Murray Johnson’s mates or something trying to be funny and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Yeah I found it strange too. Wondered if it was Murray Johnson’s mates or something trying to be funny and failing.
    Sone very weird behaviour by a few fans last night- some pretty cringey stuff. The 1 or 2 booing Ian Murray ... jeezo

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Sone very weird behaviour by a few fans last night- some pretty cringey stuff. The 1 or 2 booing Ian Murray ... jeezo
    296 appearances for Hibs. Was even a ball-boy before he played for us. Some folk are just weird.

Must have been the same guys, although I didn’t hear them call Murray a C… tho.

They probably think it’s all hilarious tho. Each to their own.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    No no no no, Geordie Munro. What a song. Canny beat a good Fife tune
    Agreed. A class Fitba song

I'm recently just starting to accept that we have some right strange folk in our support. Really bizarre attitude to bring to a testimonial match.

First I’ve seen of him, but Keith Wrights boy looks a player.

Is he highly rated?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Excellent, thanks! The lad who scored #5 looks about 10! Is Landers injured?
    I'll try again. Anyone know where Josh Landers was last night. Is he injured?

Sorry B not me.
    I obv need new specs / binoculars for the life of me could not see Monty at the dugout only SDG so was surprised to read that Monty made the changes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sprained ankle I heard.