hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad decisions *for* Hibs

Can anyone think of any? I mean there must be some, right? These things "even themselves out" after all...

2. Log in to remove the advert

I didn’t think it was a hibs free kick at 90+2
    Sky game Monday night v Aberdeen
    The ball crossed the line in the first half at famous five end

Good thread!

Kyle Vassell's red card at ER.

The one that sticks out most is Matty Jack's penalty but it was deserved for all their time wasting.

First Team Breakthrough
    Did I imagine this, or did part-time barman Rudi play for the Arabs at some point and have a goal wrongly disallowed for offside on his first visit back to ER?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Garry O’Connor won a penalty with a dive that makes Boyle look angelic.

St Johnson maybe? Defo at ER.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

In the dying seconds of our historic, fantastic, never be surpassed, Scottish cup win.. I recall a free-kick going in our favour when we were sure it was the ref giving them a dodgy one. Or maybe we just didn’t see what it was for at the time.. but even more remarkable it was given against THEM at THAT time.

*edit - just seen already mentioned above
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 09-02-2024 at 11:51 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I have a sneaky feeling that Scottish VAR would now take a very close look at the Stokes equaliser in May 2016. There was a hint of a wee nudge in the back of Tavernier that probably wouldn’t get past Scottish VAR these days…

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn’t think it was a hibs free kick at 90+2
    Did we ever get to the bottom of what that free kick was awarded for?

Proper head scratcher at the time!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Did we ever get to the bottom of what that free kick was awarded for?

Proper head scratcher at the time!
    It was the start of Steven McLeans slow descent in to madness that has him where he is today.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling that Scottish VAR would now take a very close look at the Stokes equaliser in May 2016. There was a hint of a wee nudge in the back of Tavernier that probably wouldn’t get past Scottish VAR these days…
    100%

Barely anything in it, but VAR would’ve ruled it out

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Garry O’Connor won a penalty with a dive that makes Boyle look angelic.

St Johnson maybe? Defo at ER.
    We were right in line with that. The St Johnstone player flicked his leg backwards as GOC was running behind him and tripped him. I know the aftermath of calling GOC a cheat was firm and went on for months later.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    No sure about that one but I reckon Stevenson’s push on Waghorn would have been given by VAR

Penalty v Forfar was soft. However I seem to think every time we get a very soft Penalty we rarely convert it into a goal.

@hibs.net private member
    ”You’re absolutely allowed to do that” was the commentators take on it.

Can't think of many VAR decisions that have went our way, The Yellow card upgraded to a red for the Killie boy a couple of weeks back, and last season I think Jeggo got a red downgraded to a yellow.

Bang on. I’ve thought that every single time I watch the replay, how on earth were the masons not giving that as a foul. Hey ho. 💚

I can vaguely remember a couple of times the ball crossed the goal line against Hearts, one home and one away. Not given! The rage 😡 😡 😡

VAR would have surely cleared them up and goals been given.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwoof View Post
    Did I imagine this, or did part-time barman Rudi play for the Arabs at some point and have a goal wrongly disallowed for offside on his first visit back to ER?
    You are correct. 11/11/12. Hibs 2-1.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    The penalty against hearts at an empty hampden in the delayed 2020 scottish Cup semi final.

It mattered little as Nisbet fluffed it anyway, and then they got their customary dodgy one minutes later

Left by mutual consent!
    There has definitely developed a feeling of us V them when it comes to playing the old firm, including the ref. It feels like the ref, Walsh and Beaton especially, are out to show us who's boss. It's almost antagonistic. The Goldson handballs at the weekend were stick on penalties for any non OF teams, so the idea it's in any way accidental or unconscious is a total nonsense. West coast refs are like arrogant untouchables. Everyone else is just a pawn in their game. We really need a root and branch reform of the refs. Move the headquarters to Edinburgh or Dundee or whatever, hell, they can all train at HTC for all I care, just get them out of Glasgow.

I do wonder what players that come up from England or from abroad make of it. Would be good to get a recently retired players thoughts on this. I think Goldson in particular has realised he can act with impunity, and does so on a regular basis.
    Last edited by VoltaireHibs; 09-02-2024 at 12:59 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Going back a long time, I remember Ally MacLeod punching a rangers player in the Hibs penalty area in a particularly ill-tempered game, and no action being taken. IIRC the game finished 1-1 after we equalised from the penalty spot! Can anyone imagine such a thing happening nowadays?
    There has always been bias in favour of the cheeks (especially the huns - lets not forget the 1979 final) but I think it's worse that it has ever been, possibly because the financial stakes are so much higher.

Did Paul Hanlon score a dodgy goal against the Pars at the end of the 2012 season? Sure it wasn't over the line?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    Did Paul Hanlon score a dodgy goal against the Pars at the end of the 2012 season? Sure it wasn't over the line?
    Seem to remember that we smashed them in a game that could have been significant, but wasn't. Hanlon rattled one in that bounced off the cross bar and on the line.

Struggling to remember really, Darren McGregor virtually halfling a Greek guy in the game at Easter Road v Asterios Tripolis. No sending off. It was quite a robust challenge to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwoof View Post
    Going back a long time, I remember Ally MacLeod punching a rangers player in the Hibs penalty area in a particularly ill-tempered game, and no action being taken. IIRC the game finished 1-1 after we equalised from the penalty spot! Can anyone imagine such a thing happening nowadays?
    There has always been bias in favour of the cheeks (especially the huns - lets not forget the 1979 final) but I think it's worse that it has ever been, possibly because the financial stakes are so much higher.
    Jackie McNamara did some naughty things to Derek Parlane ( I think ) and nothing happened. Vauge memory of Parlane being penalised.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Struggling to remember really, Darren McGregor virtually halfling a Greek guy in the game at Easter Road v Asterios Tripolis. No sending off. It was quite a robust challenge to say the least.

That was merely "robust".

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    https://twitter.com/AidanGW99/status...81396652384256

We got the free kick as well.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Lundstram red in the 2-2 comeback at ER.

@hibs.net private member
    Our penalty in the League Cup Final vs Dunfermline in '91 - Mickey Weir himself has stated he took an air-swipe at the ball and fell over - only to be awarded the spot kick.

We'd probably have won anyway with Keith's goal but it certainly allowed us Hibees to relax a bit and get the party started rather than enduring squeaky bum time in the closing stages.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    The penalty against hearts at an empty hampden in the delayed 2020 scottish Cup semi final.

It mattered little as Nisbet fluffed it anyway, and then they got their customary dodgy one minutes later
    How about the penalty not given in injury time when Doidge was dragged to the ground. Madden two yards away doesn't give it as official on the goal line. Stick on pen.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    Can't think of many VAR decisions that have went our way, The Yellow card upgraded to a red for the Killie boy a couple of weeks back, and last season I think Jeggo got a red downgraded to a yellow.
    Unfortunately Jeggo was sent off by Napier meaning we played with ten for an hour.