hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Might as well close the thread as there have been no decisions against us. Think it is Sevco and Hearts most hard done by.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by franck sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We surely would have a very strong case regarding corruption if we took them to court. For a referee, var team, appeals team to all get so many decisions clearly wrong how can it be anything else?

I really hope Hibs are considering taking action

I think you'll find judges are all Masons too. That's how the establishment works

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    You can put that non peno into this thread for sure.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quite a few today and it’s only half time

Aberdeen goal looked offside

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

No. Definitely onside.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Devlin was offside when the ball was played back in. Miovski was on and hit the shot. When he hit the shot Devlin was back onside and scored the rebound. In the past, the flag goes up against Devlin as soon as the first ball is played in. Now, I'm not so sure. Offside has become very complicated with phases of play etc.

The hand ball decision to play on actually caused my jaw to drop - as clear cut a penalty as you'll see. He actually moves his arm towards the ball to block it and it hits him just above the elbow.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilliEater View Post
    Devlin was offside when the ball was played back in. Miovski was on and hit the shot. When he hit the shot Devlin was back onside and scored the rebound. In the past, the flag goes up against Devlin as soon as the first ball is played in. Now, I'm not so sure. Offside has become very complicated with phases of play etc.

The hand ball decision to play on actually caused my jaw to drop - as clear cut a penalty as you'll see. He actually moves his arm towards the ball to block it and it hits him just above the elbow.
    Agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    You can put that non peno into this thread for sure.
    100 percent a penalty
    utterly ridiculous dicision

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    File today under corruption. That is the most blatant penalty you could ever wish to see.

To not even get the referee to look at it is just as scandalous as the reason not to award it.

I hope Hibs grow a ****ing set and call that out with a statement because that was nothing short of bent. Unbelievable. I’m still stunned that it wasn’t awarded and it was over two hours ago.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Question to Kieran Power, and totally understand if this doesn't get as much detail as a supporter would want...

What's the club process each Monday with regards to footballing decisions, including VAR?

Is this done towards a board or director of football level? Or something coaches and assistants assess?

If we've identified that we've been hard done by (to put it mildly) then what process so clubs have in place? Does it vary and lies specific to Hibs or any other club, or is there something standardised?

VAR decisions obviously drive supporters nuts and in a more emotional way than it would employees of a club, but we don't simply shrug off such incidents do we?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    List since Var came in. Videos linked for older clips to jog memory.

VAR Gets it obviously wrong against us:

I've probably missed some.

Another dodgy one is the Boyle offside in the semi v Sheep. Camera at Hampdens' missing so lines drawn from a ridiculous angle. Still not convinced he was off. Also Vente challenged by keeper in same game, no pen - same challenge next day penalty to Rangers.

When has it genuinely helped us? Not very often. 2 red cards v Killie - both debatable but not clear errors. Red Card for Cochrane in derby at Tynie, but then takes away pen, so mixed. Not really a great benefit as Red was the right decision. Have I missed any in our favour? If I have it wont come near to equalling the list above.
    Think you have a few more to add to the list.

The 2 decisions against rangers at Easter road at the start of last season.
    Penalty to them after a Rocky brush on the shirt, while the ball was practically in marshalls hands and then none given to us with a boy all over the striker with a ball chipped into the box

Not sure if VAR was involved in those though

Left by mutual consent!
    Just walk off the next time it happens.

Kevin Clancy seems to have a history of bad mistakes in Hibs games.

Had issues with Hecky and Lennon too when at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Just walk off the next time it happens.
    100%. This season especially.

Since VAR came in the one thing you can say for Hibs is that these decisions don’t ’even themselves out over a season’. We’ve had a few breaks but it’s clear that we are consistently getting decisions against us that we’re not getting for us. There is far too much evidence of it now and it’s becoming so normalised I’m just expecting it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    Since VAR came in the one thing you can say for Hibs is that these decisions don’t ’even themselves out over a season’. We’ve had a few breaks but it’s clear that we are consistently getting decisions against us that we’re not getting for us. There is far too much evidence of it now and it’s becoming so normalised I’m just expecting it every week.
    The concept of "even it out" is a myth. Against Aberdeen (handball), St Mirren (non-pen), Celtic and now Hearts - these were all crucial decisions at key times that could affect the outcome of the game. If Hibs do start to get the odd dodgy decision in our favour, it will be at a time when it doesn't matter a jot.

SFA's problem is Hibs have rarely been enough goals ahead or behind in games for any evening out to be irrelevant - denying refs an opportunity.

Another ridiculous first half decision last night that I could not move on from and pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the game.

That was a blatant case that the player has pulled out of the challenge before contact was made. What do you do when even presented with that footage and a team of officials telling him he's wrong, he still sticks by it.

At what point do they look at the fact a referee is basically stood in the wheatfield stand getting a look at these.

Aside from that there were another 5-10 fouls given by clancy over the course of the game that were just obvious con man jobs throwing themselves to ground and he gave it every time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The concept of "even it out" is a myth. Against Aberdeen (handball), St Mirren (non-pen), Celtic and now Hearts - these were all crucial decisions at key times that could affect the outcome of the game. If Hibs do start to get the odd dodgy decision in our favour, it will be at a time when it doesn't matter a jot.

SFA's problem is Hibs have rarely been enough goals ahead or behind in games for any evening out to be irrelevant - denying refs an opportunity.
    Probably cheated us out of five points there which would have had us comfortably in top 6 and chasing St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's Cinema View Post
    Another ridiculous first half decision last night that I could not move on from and pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the game.

That was a blatant case that the player has pulled out of the challenge before contact was made. What do you do when even presented with that footage and a team of officials telling him he's wrong, he still sticks by it.

At what point do they look at the fact a referee is basically stood in the wheatfield stand getting a look at these.

Aside from that there were another 5-10 fouls given by clancy over the course of the game that were just obvious con man jobs throwing themselves to ground and he gave it every time.
    Your last point is a good one it doesn't need to be key decisions it can be fouls given for them softly stopping us attacking or putting them in a decent position. The foul given to Cochrane in the first half at the edge of our box was a complete dive. Decent shooting opportunity for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Your last point is a good one it doesn't need to be key decisions it can be fouls given for them softly stopping us attacking or putting them in a decent position. The foul given to Cochrane in the first half at the edge of our box was a complete dive. Decent shooting opportunity for them.
    Rocky’s early booking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Rocky’s early booking too.
    Agree especially when he then let Cochrane away with a stick on booking.