hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enjoy your Bournemouth shirt. Want a hearts one to go with it? Could go to tynie and watch them too if you like?
    Yeah because we will be selling Hertz shirts right enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yeah because we will be selling Hertz shirts right enough.
    I’ve not checked to see if it’s the same people moaning about the same things but I always laugh when people want us to compete and with our rivals, sign the best players we can but complain about every way we try to make money. If doing this deal with Fanatics makes us more money than what we currently do then we should do it, I’m looking forward to seeing what other options, if any, it brings to the club shop.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve not checked to see if it’s the same people moaning about the same things but I always laugh when people want us to compete and with our rivals, sign the best players we can but complain about every way we try to make money. If doing this deal with Fanatics makes us more money than what we currently do then we should do it, I’m looking forward to seeing what other options, if any, it brings to the club shop.
    It's much worse when the complaint stems from something that has absolutely no chance of happening.

@hibs.net private member
    I've been in Villa, Everton and Romas shops which Fanatics run and I've seen no other clubs stuff, bit of anger about nothing I think

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    As long as they’re not hertz or hun fanatics.
    They are money fanatics and will be coming after our supporter cash from this summer.
    Hopefully our owner and CEO sold us for a good sum.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 03-04-2024 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    Fanatics has already created a page for Hibs - https://www.kitbag.com/en/scottish-p...-93-2609224334

Hopefully just their standard ‘filler’ items that we are seeing so far as they look awful. Need to get Adidas gear on there.
    Some real imaginative stuff there

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    The colour schemes seem to made with sweat patches in mind.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'll be a lot happier when we finally have a shop in The Centre Livingston

AND McArthur Glen

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It’ll be very lucrative for Hibs according to Ben Kensell, part of the overall strategy to bring more money into the club to improve the team.

I’m all for it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It’ll be very lucrative for Hibs according to Ben Kensell, part of the overall strategy to bring more money into the club to improve the team.

I’m all for it.

I'll take a balaclava.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i'll be a lot happier when we finally have a shop in The Centre Livingston

AND McArthur Glen
    😂 I think you're being a bit over optimistic there. Even sellic only have the one shop.

*And it's no been McArthur Glen for 11 years.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Hopefully they are stocking B7 branded balaclavas?
    That made me LOL in the doctors waiting room 😂 Getting strange looks!!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I’m all for it.
    What is it that makes it lucrative? I'm not denying that it won't be, just wondering what's it all about? It's a shop , I have no idea who these guys are so needy educating 😀

Sorry just realised you be talking about BTG and not the shop
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 03-04-2024 at 03:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    Fanatics has already created a page for Hibs - https://www.kitbag.com/en/scottish-p...-93-2609224334

Hopefully just their standard ‘filler’ items that we are seeing so far as they look awful. Need to get Adidas gear on there.
    That looks worse than the knock off stuff for sale by unauthorised vendors of Hibs wear I'm sure they'll come up with better designed merch, but the prices will need to get more competitive....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    What is it that makes it lucrative? I'm not denying that it won't be, just wondering what's it all about? It's a shop , I have no idea who these guys are so needy educating 😀

Sorry just realised you be talking about BTG and not the shop
    The deal with Fanatics is lucrative for the club - i guess in the same way that Hibs receive money for outsourcing the hospitality, they’ll earn money from the shop as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

JD sports are a sponsor of Real Valladolid. Never seen one of their shirts in any UK store I've been in. Don't even think you can buy their shirts online at JD. Pitty as their away shirt last season was a thing of beauty and thus seasons is not to bad either.

Point being, just because Fanatics are taking the shop over doesn't mean we are all of a sudden going to have a load of other teams stuff in it as well. The move online does seem a bit random but they do have a couple of other random teams on their site so seems a good deal to me.

Is it seriously being suggested we would stock other clubs shirts in the shop?

Why on earth would we?

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Why on earth would we?
    We won't.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Why on earth would we?
    No I'm not sure where it came from or why it keeps being said. Do Man U, Villa, Everton and Wrexham have other clubs strips in their shop as they are fanatics run too

Saying that I'd have Vegas tops on sale if the did likewise with us. Think it would be a one way street with a few septics that say they are part Irish/Scotch

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    That stuff wouldn't have been out of place at Ingliston market.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    We won't.
    Of course we won’t, it’s mental to even think that will be the case.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Excuse my ignorance but can someone explain how this will benefit us? If we’re outsourcing our merchandise to a 3rd party then I assume they’ll be taking a decent cut of our profit. I don’t see how much we can expand our range or who we sell to. Most of our business will be supporters in and around edinburgh. It’s not like we’re Man Utd or barca where we sell strips all around the world. I just don’t see what the benefit is to us. Maybe I’m missing something as I’ve not read the full details of the agreement

At the 1860 club shop in Munich town centre, they had one section where you could buy souvenirs (cups, plates, badges, etc) of all the other German clubs. Well, all except one ;-)

Should Hibs maybe do something similar?

(p.s. this a link to the google street view. If you open it and turn round 180 degrees, you'll see just how close the Bayern Fan shop is)

Quote Originally Posted by ShetlandHibby View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but can someone explain how this will benefit us? If we’re outsourcing our merchandise to a 3rd party then I assume they’ll be taking a decent cut of our profit. I don’t see how much we can expand our range or who we sell to. Most of our business will be supporters in and around edinburgh. It’s not like we’re Man Utd or barca where we sell strips all around the world. I just don’t see what the benefit is to us. Maybe I’m missing something as I’ve not read the full details of the agreement
    That's 2 of us that don't understand it fully 😂
    I might start trying to bluff it and just say it's magic 😁

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The Hibs club shop has been outsourced for a number of years
    Think Ron tried to bring it back in-house, but the current franchise wanted to retain it, forget what they are called

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Fanatics is a massive global company. I have been buying American sports merch for years. Cross pollination of sales. Sell a Chicago Bears shirt to some guy in Michigan and he may well browse the fanatics site and chuck in a green Hibs jersey because it looks bloody cool and it’s St Patrick’s day soon.

That’s where I think the money is. Growing our market, not just a small portion of Edinburgh based punters.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    Sorry but if the Hibs shop starts selling other clubs stuff we may as well pack it in
    Imagine other shops that sell other stuff started selling Hibs stuff.

The mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Fanatics is a massive global company. I have been buying American sports merch for years. Cross pollination of sales. Sell a Chicago Bears shirt to some guy in Michigan and he may well browse the fanatics site and chuck in a green Hibs jersey because it looks bloody cool and it’s St Patrick’s day soon.

That’s where I think the money is. Growing our market, not just a small portion of Edinburgh based punters.

J
    Yep. Also a lot of their own branded stuff is really good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
    Yeah, that's just not going to happen. Think about the average sports fans spending habits. They don't go purchasing random teams they have 0 connection to sportswear. Unless they happen to be visiting the city they are located in or the club is already massive.

Fantatics will take care of running the club shop which will save Hibs on staff costs and bring in some lease money. Fanatics will take their cut of any sales, much like it has been for a while now.

J
    Exactly that. All for it.