hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not just on the ball - he regularly gifts the opposition chances with wayward positioning and ball-watching. It's not just him by the way - the whole defence has been pretty awful this season, not helped by a real failure to recruit properly in both centre half and full back positions over a number of windows.
    Away Manager to team (inc Forfar):
    "Hibs will play it out from the back. Not might. Will. None of the their defenders can spray a pass and their midfielders rarely work to get in space for a pass or return pass, so press them and force their defenders to hit an optimistic pass which more often than not will be poor and give us a good chance of getting back possession. Do that and we nullify the threat they have going forward. Piece of p!ss really."

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Let’s hope they go all the way! Even if we are struggling for centre backs, he makes us worse.
    Having a full squad makes us stronger and gives our manager more options to choose from . Sorry your logic on this one makes no sense to me at all

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Would expect to see a comment like that about a current Hibs player on Kickback.
    That poster hates all things Hibs, one of a few on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Away Manager to team (inc Forfar):
    "Hibs will play it out from the back. Not might. Will. None of the their defenders can spray a pass and their midfielders rarely work to get in space for a pass or return pass, so press them and force their defenders to hit an optimistic pass which more often than not will be poor and give us a good chance of getting back possession. Do that and we nullify the threat they have going forward. Piece of p!ss really."
    And yet only 4 teams have managed to beat us since Montgomery took over? Not really that much of a piece of piss.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hopefully he comes back a better and more motivated player after being with all the national team players, like anyone else he will be desperate to play for his country

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    And yet only 4 teams have managed to beat us since Montgomery took over? Not really that much of a piece of piss.
    5 no.

Left by mutual consent!
    got the potential to be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    For poor decision making, see the way he somehow allowed Shankland to win a ball he was favoured for and score the only goal in the last derby.

I want to defend all our players but that was schoolboy stuff.
    It appears that it wasn't just the ref that missed the wee cheat rabbit punching Rocky in the throat with his left hand to knock him off balance. He uses his flailing arm in that way and rarely gets pulled up for it.

Did it with his right arm in a previous Derby to put Rocky off when he had a free header. At the time I felt that if Bushiri had gone down, VAR might have awarded a penalty.

The officials aren't on top of these sly arm and hand fouls. I'm pretty sure that clubs such as Hearts and Aberdeen practice them in training.
    Last edited by RIP; 29-01-2024 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Thought he was good tonight, as well as against Dundee. He will make mistakes and cost us goals but no more than Fish & Hanlon IMO.

I’d like to see him take Fish’ place and see if playing on the right improves him further. Then Triantis or Hanlon to partner him until the summer rebuild.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's always been a good young centre half that hadn't played many games. He's only going to improve. Rocky will make us money.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Worried for him after the yellow especially with the foreheid backing into him, falling over, winding him up at every opportunity and trying to get him sent off but thought he coped admirably

Another hard luck story with a quality striker to finish off our good play and cash in on our periods of dominance we should have been out of sight

Rocky will make us money LJ wouldn’t sell him for 12m remember 😀
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 28-02-2024 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Worried for him after the yellow especially with the foreheid backing into him, falling over, winding him up at every opportunity and trying to get him sent off but thought he coped admirably

Another hard luck story with a quality striker to finish off our good play and cash in on our periods of dominance we would have been out of sight
    Agreed billy. Big man was solid. Fivehead clearly targets Rocky as he dropped on to him anytime hearts went long but he dealt with him well tonight

I don't see what others see in him like, always looks like he goes in half hearted like he's scared to get hurt, which is why he mistimes things, he hesitates. We can do much better and will in the summer I think.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    I don't see what others see in him like, always looks like he goes in half hearted like he's scared to get hurt, which is why he mistimes things, he hesitates. We can do much better and will in the summer I think.
    He just needs to improve in the air for me. Sort that out and he’ll be golden. Lets the ball bounce too much and just completely mistimes headers.

He’s quick, strong and good on the ball (something I think he gets zero credit for). All the makings of a good player.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Big man was solid as a rock tonight. Gave “Sniper’s dream” absolutely nothing.

He cruised it tonight, he's our best centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Seriously? While we can and will do better in the summer he's as good as any CB at the club. To say he goes in half hearted isn't fair on the guy at all.

Thought he was excellent again . Well done Rocky 👏