hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocky

Rocky

Has he kicked a ball in the cup yet
    Don't think so and as far as I know he wasn't even on the bench yesterday

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not been in the squad the last 2 games, no sure if he's injured or they've just realised he's rotten.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not been in the squad the last 2 games, no sure if he's injured or they've just realised he's rotten.
    Nice. Have his country been knocked out and he is heading back?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Nice. Have his country been knocked out and he is heading back?
    Qualified for knockout round of 16 with 3 draws.

JoJo Wallacott coming back as his country knocked out. Did not play any matches.

Quote Originally Posted by JGS56 View Post
    Qualified for knockout round of 16 with 3 draws.

JoJo Wallacott coming back as his country knocked out. Did not play any matches.
    Wallacott will be a huge help for the dev squad, can take Johnson’s place now he’s our sub goalie

@hibs.net private member
    @hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar

It’s a real pity he hasn’t featured. He needs all the experience he can get under his belt.
    He’s a player that has plenty potential and I can see he has many good qualities but unfortunately he has that one bad quality which is poor decision making for me. I don’t trust him with the ball at his feet. He doesn’t fill me with confidence at all.
    Hopefully he can mature into a better player having gained more international experience and prove doubters like myself wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    It’s a real pity he hasn’t featured. He needs all the experience he can get under his belt.
    He’s a player that has plenty potential and I can see he has many good qualities but unfortunately he has that one bad quality which is poor decision making for me. I don’t trust him with the ball at his feet. He doesn’t fill me with confidence at all.
    Hopefully he can mature into a better player having gained more international experience and prove doubters like myself wrong.
    He's 24 now, not exactly a young boy, he's 8 years older than Whittaker, if we can get rid we should.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Why don’t you trust him with the ball at his feet?

I don’t ever remember him being caught on the ball and it leading to a goal - happy to be corrected on that.

Sometimes his passes can be wayward but that’s he same for every defender in the world, they’re primary concern is not to spray passes all over the pitch.

I agree he has his moments, but for a guy that size to move as well as he does I think he does well.

Remember our defenders are adjusting to a new formation too, and being a midfielder down they’re more exposed.

That’s applicable to all our defenders btw.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

I don’t ever remember him being caught on the ball and it leading to a goal - happy to be corrected on that.

Sometimes his passes can be wayward but that’s he same for every defender in the world, they’re primary concern is not to spray passes all over the pitch.

I agree he has his moments, but for a guy that size to move as well as he does I think he does well.

Remember our defenders are adjusting to a new formation too, and being a midfielder down they’re more exposed.

The boys a bombscare, a centre half that shuts his eyes when going to header it. Hearts goal the other week prime example, looks like he should be solid but he's as soft as..offers nothing attacking set plays aswell, the Quicker we are shot of folk like this the better, we need to be ruthless going forward. Too many players have had too many chances. With this new investment he won't last much longer, better days ahead for us boys.

I never said anything about him being caught on the ball and it leading to a goal.

I just think he lingers too long in possession, slowing down our play to the detriment of our midfielders who are maybe showing for the a quick pass into feet. The decision not to play a quick easy pass gives your opponent incentive to chase you down and put you under pressure when really the pass should have been made.
    It also gives opportunity for the ball to get nicked and a hurried pass that goes backward breaking our momentum.
    Agree that it’s also applicable to all of our defenders, especially at home.
    The tempo we play at home needs to be a lot quicker and that’s were he could improve for me.
    Play the quick easy pass and then move to make an angle.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I never said anything about him being caught on the ball and it leading to a goal.

I just think he lingers too long in possession, slowing down our play to the detriment of our midfielders who are maybe showing for the a quick pass into feet. The decision not to play a quick easy pass gives your opponent incentive to chase you down and put you under pressure when really the pass should have been made.
    It also gives opportunity for the ball to get nicked and a hurried pass that goes backward breaking our momentum.
    Agree that it’s also applicable to all of our defenders, especially at home.
    The tempo we play at home needs to be a lot quicker and that’s were he could improve for me.
    Play the quick easy pass and then move to make an angle.
    If there was a midfielder showing quickly for the ball pre window I’ll eat my hat. And yours.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    If there was a midfielder showing quickly for the ball pre window I’ll eat my hat. And yours.
    Needs the goalie to release the ball quicker as well

He ( Marshall) started off fine but got slower and slower

Seen Rocky taking the ball for a walk up the park many times in a frustrated attempt to get us up the park not slow in possession at all and never been caught in possession apart from Killie and that was a corner always seems to get away with it using his pace and power similar to Efe

As you say ain’t no midfielders looking for the early ball usually hiding

You just have to look at The Rangers on Wednesday at our goal kicks it was amateur hour like taking candy off a baby as we gave them back possession with a misplaced pass or out of play time after time I don’t think they even broke sweat all night

Embarrassing

Rant over 😀
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 27-01-2024 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Needs the goalie to release the ball quicker as well

He started off fine but got slower and slower

Seen Rocky taking the ball for a walk up the park many times in a frustrated attempt to get us up the park not slow in possession at all and never been caught in possession apart from Killie and that was a corner always seems to get away with it using his pace and power similar to Efe

As you say ain’t no midfielders looking for the early ball usually hiding

You just have to look at The Rangers on Wednesday at our goal kicks it was amateur hour like taking candy off a baby as we gave them back possession with a misplaced pass or out of play time after time I don’t think they even broke sweat all night

Embarrassing

Rant over 😀
    ……it’s amazing how opinions vary! Some praising him and others think he’s a bombscare! As I’ve said, I think he needs to improve, he’s got plenty of good attributes.
    I think we all hope he can gain experience at international level and come back a better player.

……it’s amazing how opinions vary! Some praising him and others think he’s a bombscare! As I’ve said, I think he needs to improve, he’s got plenty of good attributes.
    I think we all hope he can gain experience at international level and come back a better player.
    There is plenty room for improvement with Rocky he is young and we need to forgive him his error against Hearts as it is a steep learning curve so far he has not been quoted in a competitive game in the Africa Cup but it might be the decision has already been taken as we look to bring more quality and experience to our central defence

I am convinced he will go on to have a decent career wherever he ends up as he is a quick learner

@hibs.net private member
    The boys a bombscare, a centre half that shuts his eyes when going to header it. Hearts goal the other week prime example, looks like he should be solid but he's as soft as..offers nothing attacking set plays aswell, the Quicker we are shot of folk like this the better, we need to be ruthless going forward. Too many players have had too many chances. With this new investment he won't last much longer, better days ahead for us boys.
    I can't recall a player that doesn't shut their eyes when going to header a ball. I wouldn't disagree we need better but he is still young enough to improve and has got better since he joined. We need to sign cover/competition for Hanlon and Rocky if fine for cover for Fish

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I can't recall a player that doesn't shut their eyes when going to header a ball. I wouldn't disagree we need better but he is still young enough to improve and has got better since he joined. We need to sign cover/competition for Hanlon and Rocky if fine for cover for Fish
    Fish been making errors recently too we need better quality and experience in

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Fish been making errors recently too we need better quality and experience in
    What were his recent errors out of interest?

We are signing another 20 year old centre half.

Rocky has a lot of promise. He's very good with the ball at his feet.

How many of the fans who are hanging him out to dry for the Shankland goal spotted the wee cheat rabbit punching him in the throat before winning the challenge? The ref missed it too.

As has been said before, how many players at Hibs over the years have been called a 'bombscare'?

***** patter IMO
    Last edited by RIP; 28-01-2024 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    What were his recent errors out of interest?

We are signing another 20 year old centre half.

Rocky has a lot of promise. He's very good with the ball at his feet.

How many of the fans who are hanging him out to dry for the Shankland goal spotted the wee cheat rabbit punching him in the throat before winning the challenge? The ref missed it too.

As has been said before, how many players at Hibs over the years have been called a 'bombscare'?

***** patter IMO
    Fish guilty of giving the ball away with slack passes and play yesterday and against The Rangers and Forfar

At one time I would have paid 1m to keep him now I am not so sure I think we could probably get better saying that like Rocky he is still young but the rumoured replacements ( hear say ) and the new boy Amos or Obita might be a better option especially if this is Hanlon’s last season

We need better in now and cannot keep blundering along from game to game

You will not find a better defender of Rocky on these threads than Billyhibs he is far from a bombscare but people seem to have made up their minds though I cannot remember any glaring errors apart from the Shankland incident and yes Shankland was at it all night even had a go at Fish

Efe was also called a bombscare the guy was class and probably our best player when he was here should never have left hope it was worth it financially

Edit : Amos is a DM Moriah-Welsh midfielder
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 28-01-2024 at 08:33 AM.

It's not just on the ball - he regularly gifts the opposition chances with wayward positioning and ball-watching. It's not just him by the way - the whole defence has been pretty awful this season, not helped by a real failure to recruit properly in both centre half and full back positions over a number of windows.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

For poor decision making, see the way he somehow allowed Shankland to win a ball he was favoured for and score the only goal in the last derby.

I want to defend all our players but that was schoolboy stuff.

Beat Egypt on penalties, he was in the squad tonight at least but going by bbc all was named so maybe he’s be injured/unwell for last one?

First Team Breakthrough
    Let’s hope they go all the way! Even if we are struggling for centre backs, he makes us worse.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Let’s hope they go all the way! Even if we are struggling for centre backs, he makes us worse.
    Any need?

I remember he was at fault with his poor positioning in the first Edinburgh derby of the season. A simple clearance from the Hearts right back went right over everyone’s head, including Rocky’s and allowed the Hearts player in behind, I think he hit the post with his effort but it was so bad from us defensively.
    I think we need to bring in experienced defenders, especially at CH. I’m sick of us being soft at the back. Please can we just try and stop teams walking all over us.
    Not one of our managers has solved this problem and the last thing we need is a calamitous defender making things worse than they already are.

Coaching Staff
    Would expect to see a comment like that about a current Hibs player on Kickback.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Would expect to see a comment like that about a current Hibs player on Kickback.
    In the case of that particular poster, i think thats his day job.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    So he’s not playing for us or the National team and he’s still getting pelters - peak .net for you :facepalm
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Classless.