hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maolida

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m with you. Said it during the game, Jair is crap. He’s better than he was last season but that’s hardly a ringing endorsement.
    Jair should be nowhere near a hibs team . Dreadful player. Constantly runs offside and loses possession. Poor fitba brain

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    Jair should be nowhere near a hibs team . Dreadful player. Constantly runs offside and loses possession. Poor fitba brain
    I think that's a pretty harsh assessment

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Jair was worse than him tonight and unbelievably got 96 minutes on the park.

This completely rubbish last season to world beater this season is just a figment of peoples imaginations, he's improved this season but is not good enough to play for Hibs.
    Absolutely nailed on.

He's improved from getting game time but he's badly lacking at this level. When the squad is fully fit Jair returns to fringe player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

It is harsh but I would agree he shouldn’t be starting.

He has pretty much no quantifiable output. He doesn’t assist and he doesn’t score. He’s just there, out wide, twisting and turning, beating a man sometimes and not doing much else.

Whilst he’s been a lot better than any of us probably expected, he’s still not good enough to be starting imo. He’s just so blunt.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

He has pretty much no quantifiable output. He doesn’t assist and he doesn’t score. He’s just there, out wide, twisting and turning, beating a man sometimes and not doing much else.

Whilst he’s been a lot better than any of us probably expected, he’s still not good enough to be starting imo. He’s just so blunt.
    Im more onboard with that than he should be anywhere near a hibs team

Certainly this season he looked like our most likely attacking player in creating something

Even last night he was involved in a high percentage of our chances created

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Some of our fans just really like verbally abusing people huh.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

It’s also complete nonsense.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

We won’t win many games with Jair and Youan both starting. It causes a complete team imbalance

Like others have said Jair has improved from last year but, for me, like Rocky neither are good enough

He certainly didn’t play well, but it almost looked to me like the ideal example of how it doesn’t work chucking a brand new signing in straight away.

There was enough about his “chance” to suggest he looked like he knew how to play football (not sure the same could be said about Bojang) but he simply looked a million miles off being fit, sharp, ready or able to play such a big chunk of a game against one of the best sides in the country.

I don’t know if it help him that his Hertha managers comments re laziness have been shared as his card’s marked a bit, and that’s not really fair. But he has to be offering more than that or he’ll be back at Hertha before January is out.

I felt sorry for him rather than pissed off at him.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    Quite possibly the worst debut (or even performance actually) ive ever seen from a Hibs player. How he never got hooked at half time i’ll never know.
    Looked a mile off being ready to play to me. Hard to judge on that basis but initial impressions are he wasn't very impressive and him and Vente didn't look to have any sort of initial chemistry as a front pairing.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He certainly didn’t play well, but it almost looked to me like the ideal example of how it doesn’t work chucking a brand new signing in straight away.

There was enough about his “chance” to suggest he looked like he knew how to play football (not sure the same could be said about Bojang) but he simply looked a million miles off being fit, sharp, ready or able to play such a big chunk of a game against one of the best sides in the country.

I don’t know if it help him that his Hertha managers comments re laziness have been shared as his card’s marked a bit, and that’s not really fair. But he has to be offering more than that or he’ll be back at Hertha before January is out.

I felt sorry for him rather than pissed off at him.
    Agree. I can’t say I thought he was lazy last night. Poor, no doubt about it, but definitely not lazy. He just didn’t look anywhere near ready to play.

I posted yesterday that for all the hype around the signings, I do think Maolida and Amos are two that expectations need to be tempered a bit. Amos hasn’t had a club for 6 months and Maolida has been playing in the German 4th tier. Emiliano though holds very little concern for me, even before seeing him play, I can’t see any way he won’t be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Genuinely one of the worst shouts on here tonight. He wasn’t great tonight but by no means was he the worst. He’s been one of few bright performers recently
    A bright performance recently? You have to be kidding, he's been horrific for weeks. He contributes zero and constantly gives the ball away.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Alright then, tell me one good thing he done in the entire game.

Levitt was poor but early on played a superb through ball to Youan at 0-0.

The debutant was poorer but drew a great save from Butland when it just might have got us back in the game at 1-2.

Jair done sfa
    Did Jair not draw a good save from Butland too after taking his man on down the left?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Did Jair not draw a good save from Butland too after taking his man on down the left?
    In the first half?

He was offside

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Yeah but apart from that.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

In terms of quantifiable output, hardly any players do.

Vente - no goals, very little hold up play
    Levitt - always passes back, loses possession and never shoots

For me, the only quantifiable players are the defenders or goalie.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post

I think those players have also had masses of criticism though.

I look at Youan and Boyle, neither of which have had good seasons and play similar positions to Jair. They offer so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post

We've got talented attacking players who are currently making more obvious and quantifiable contributions to goals against us than goals for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    In the first half?

He was offside
    I actually think was on but obviously was flagged offside, would have been an interesting var review

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I actually think was on but obviously was flagged offside, would have been an interesting var review
    It’s very close but I think he might just be off.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Some of our fans just really like verbally abusing people huh.
    100%. Maolida got almost no service, long balls mostly - his one chance was brilliantly saved by the best keeper in this league.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    100%. Maolida got almost no service, long balls mostly - his one chance was brilliantly saved by the best keeper in this league.
    Nothing to do with service, he looked poor and gave the ball away almost every time he had it. But it was his debut, some folk want to write him off already despite it being far too early to tell how he will turn out

First Team Breakthrough
    Genuinely taken aback by some of the comments regarding Jair's recent performances. If you think he is the issue you are sorely mistaken. If our strikers were in the right positions, namely Dylan Vente, Jair would have had far more assists than he has to date. See the Motherwell game where he caused the fullback no end of issues for the first 35 minutes, playing some excellent balls into the box where a striker should have been. I keep seeing people post he has yet to complete an assist, which is nonsense. His dangerous looping ball into the Forfar box caused their keeper to come out erroneously and Doidge to score. We are in the next round because of that ball.

Do I think Jair is outstanding? No. But I do think he is good enough to start and compete for a place in the first 11 at this club. A poor game against Rangers does not change that.

People on this website love to moan. There are also many posters who were proven wrong about Jair never making the grade at this club and don't like to be proven wrong. Leave the online egos aside, he is doing fine and looks likely will develop into a decent contributor for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Nothing to do with service, he looked poor and gave the ball away almost every time he had it. But it was his debut, some folk want to write him off already despite it being far too early to tell how he will turn out
    Clearly not match fit, very obvious he know what he is doing though. One pass he made was crisp and sharp, and had the vision to see it.

Remember when Obita arrived he looked fairly average, he now looks very fit. Breezes games at FB and cruised at LCB last night.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Harsh given he's only just in the door. Never got many chances, OK should have scored with his opportunity (still a good save), but writing him off after one performance against title contenders is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Genuinely taken aback by some of the comments regarding Jair's recent performances. If you think he is the issue you are sorely mistaken. If our strikers were in the right positions, namely Dylan Vente, Jair would have had far more assists than he has to date. See the Motherwell game where he caused the fullback no end of issues for the first 35 minutes, playing some excellent balls into the box where a striker should have been. I keep seeing people post he has yet to complete an assist, which is nonsense. His dangerous looping ball into the Forfar box caused their keeper to come out erroneously and Doidge to score. We are in the next round because of that ball.

Do I think Jair is outstanding? No. But I do think he is good enough to start and compete for a place in the first 11 at this club. A poor game against Rangers does not change that.

People on this website love to moan. There are also many posters who were proven wrong about Jair never making the grade at this club and don't like to be proven wrong. Leave the online egos aside, he is doing fine and looks likely will develop into a decent contributor for Hibs.
    Completely agree. I also think theres an element on here that went all in on the ‘Jair is a total/clown imposter’ early on(which to be fair there was a lot of evidence for), got a bit baffled at his rapid improvement under Montgomery where he showed enough to give us hope he was going to be a useful player for us, joined in the praise but are now equally quick to put the boot into him at the first opportunity because it reinforces their original position. The internet tends to do that, makes people more entrenched in their views and less willing to admit everyone gets things wrong sometimes, especially about something as subjective as sporting performance.

Jair, Rocky, Hanlon, Newell have in my opinion been given the pitchfork up the jacksy treatment on here way more than they deserve. I wondered why that is…am i missing something obvious that the angry mob havent? Am i just ‘accepting mediocrity’ as everyone says? Or is there just more need to find individual scapegoats instead of system failures these days? Answers on the proverbial postcard…

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    Harsh given he's only just in the door. Never got many chances, OK should have scored with his opportunity (still a good save), but writing him off after one performance against title contenders is ludicrous.
    I’m far from writing him off.

Don’t know if I there’s were the same but I just just genuine surprised at how poor he was on the ball.

I get not being fit/sharp etc but normally a quality player is still obvious and do one or two things where you go yep he’s a player.

Maybe it was an overconfidence from him thinking he’d be far better than everyone and he was caught out?

Who knows, but we need far better next game.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    He got caught cold last night but he’ll need time. I suppose it speaks volumes for the other under performing players that NM saw fit to chuck him in when he looked like he hasn’t seen a football for six months.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Give the boy a chance. Why do people always rush to judgement?

One mischeivous comment from an ex manager published in the gutter press calling him lazy. Some of the more easily led in our support will have him tagged as lazy for his entire Hibs career no matter what he does now.

Really don't know what some expect.

His most recent games have been played in the Bundesliga 4th tier. This 7m euros talk was over 6 years ago.

Dismal start to his time at Hibs last night.

Really don't know what is more frustrating. His performance last night or Montgomery's decision to start him.