hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maolida

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't think he was,Youan was beyond dreadful
    No way you genuinely think Youan was worse than him tonight? Every single good thing we done/chance created came through Youan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Jair was worse than him tonight and unbelievably got 96 minutes on the park.

This completely rubbish last season to world beater this season is just a figment of peoples imaginations, he's improved this season but is not good enough to play for Hibs.
    Thats a strange take.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Genuinely one of the worst shouts on here tonight. He wasn’t great tonight but by no means was he the worst. He’s been one of few bright performers recently
    Alright then, tell me one good thing he done in the entire game.

Levitt was poor but early on played a superb through ball to Youan at 0-0.

The debutant was poorer but drew a great save from Butland when it just might have got us back in the game at 1-2.

Jair done sfa

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Thats a strange take.
    How, elaborate please

Agree with the OP, a shocker of a debut culminating with his miss to get us back in the game.

That’s not to say he won’t come good, but it wasn’t a great start! Other 2 looked a lot brighter when they came on.

How, elaborate please
    I presume he means - Jair wasn’t worse than Maolida, to say so is a strange take (I also think it is).

How, elaborate please
    Because there were at least four players worse than him. The worst i would say about Jair was he was quiet. Levitt and our new striker in particular were like two bald men fighting over a tiny comb in that regard.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

The debutant was poorer but drew a great save from Butland when it just might have got us back in the game at 1-2.

Jair done sfa
    I’m with you. Said it during the game, Jair is crap. He’s better than he was last season but that’s hardly a ringing endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    No way you genuinely think Youan was worse than him tonight? Every single good thing we done/chance created came through Youan.
    My issue with Youan is that for every one positive thing he does, he probably loses the ball, doesn’t run, doesn’t pass, hides ten times. He’s technically good, has pace and does produce but I have no time for it. We don’t have a good enough team to afford it.

Felt punting the new boy in to start up front was mental.

Yes I do, I don't normally come on here after games tbh. I thought he was abysmal and lazy. Just my opinion of course. We all see things differently.

Jair done sfa
    Maolida shouldn’t have gave Butland a chance with that shot. But other than that he just genuinely struggled to control and keep the ball.

Jair drew a good save from Butland in the first half and skinned someone before playing a good ball through to Marcondes who had his shot blocked. Jair wasn’t great tonight, but he looked like he’d seen a football before

@hibs.net private member
    I hate our fan base.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Looked like the sort of last minute panic loan signing that no-one has heard of we usually get in January but this guy actually has been decent in the past. So even more baffling how bad he was. Can't all be down to lack of fitness.

Far too early to be slating him. I'd take him over the likes of McKirdy any day. Let him get fit and see what he's got

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

"Worst debut or performance from a hibs player ever"

****ing seriously!? Some of the utter dross we've sat through, the embarrassing results with seasoned pros

And we've got this hyperbolic BS regarding an on loan forward playing his debut against the 2nd best team in the country

"Worst performance ever" - what the actual ****

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Yes I do, I don't normally come on here after games tbh. I thought he was abysmal and lazy. Just my opinion of course. We all see things differently.
    That's an incredible opinion. Elie was our only half decent attacker until Marcondes came on.

Coaching Staff

Jair done sfa
    Thought Maolida was simply awful tonight - poor spacial awareness, poor first touch, and at times he lost possession he made no effort to chase back, didn’t look up when in possession to see the next pass was either - compounded by missing an absolute sitter which would have got us right back in it.

Jair was the least of our worries tonight, but admittedly he, Levitt, Newell, Lewis, Vente and Youan were all dreadful at various times of the game. In a phrase, they’re all very consistent at being very inconsistent.

Second half with 20 minutes to go I honestly didn’t know what I was watching, other than 11 players appearing to all run about into different positions like human etch a sketch - no cohesion, no leadership, no structure or balance. And who on earth thought Jimmy Jeggo is a footballer 😂

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    It was probably as bad a debut as I’ve seen from a Hibs player. Certainly one with so much hype.

Very early days but looks like he’s a hell of a lot of adapting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Because there were at least four players worse than him. The worst i would say about Jair was he was quiet. Levitt and our new striker in particular were like two bald men fighting over a tiny comb in that regard.
    Thanks for elaborating hibsbollah, it makes it easier to answer.

Maolida had a poor debut but he was unlucky not to score.

Levitt was poor but he put Youan through on goal at 0-0 with a great scissor kick pass.

Two poor performances but at least they got one thing right.

Jair did nothing the whole game, surely our manager could have put McKirdy on for him as Whittaker for Megwa was a waste really. As an old boss of mine used to say, if you do nothing son nobody can accuse you of doing anything wrong.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Boy a couple of rows behind me called him “Bojang mark 2”.
    Might be harsh on Bojang.
    Glad we’re getting players who can “hit the ground running” just like the manager said…

That said, I still hope he comes good - but that was a shocker of a debut.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Thought Maolida was simply awful tonight - poor spacial awareness, poor first touch, and at times he lost possession he made no effort to chase back, didn’t look up when in possession to see the next pass was either - compounded by missing an absolute sitter which would have got us right back in it.

Jair was the least of our worries tonight, but admittedly he, Levitt, Newell, Lewis, Vente and Youan were all dreadful at various times of the game. In a phrase, they’re all very consistent at being very inconsistent.

Second half with 20 minutes to go I honestly didn’t know what I was watching, other than 11 players appearing to all run about into different positions like human etch a sketch - no cohesion, no leadership, no structure or balance. And who on earth thought Jimmy Jeggo is a footballer 😂
    The second half looked the like the Monty Python sketch of the “100 metres for those with no sense of direction” for those old enough to remember it.
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 24-01-2024 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

So did I but my comment was he came the closest to scoring for us, in my opinion it wasn't a sitter.

Youan was dreadful at times but anything of note that Hibs did all night came from him

Maolida shouldn’t have gave Butland a chance with that shot. But other than that he just genuinely struggled to control and keep the ball.

Jair drew a good save from Butland in the first half and skinned someone before playing a good ball through to Marcondes who had his shot blocked. Jair wasn’t great tonight, but he looked like he’d seen a football before
    Ah yes, the one where he was offside!!!!

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    He was certainly guilty of wanting too much time on the ball and didn’t seem to know what his role was at times. He will be in calmer waters against most other teams in the league though and if he has a good attitude he will learn a bit from tonight and hopefully come back firing on Saturday.

Jair was worse than him tonight and unbelievably got 96 minutes on the park.

This completely rubbish last season to world beater this season is just a figment of peoples imaginations, he's improved this season but is not good enough to play for Hibs.
    You’re never shy in getting a dig in at Jair. Don’t know what your issue is. I can’t agree with anything you say about him. Getting better as the season goes on but like a few more, didn’t have his greatest game. Still one of our better performers tonight imo. Joe Newell and Obita the best two for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I’m with you. Said it during the game, Jair is crap. He’s better than he was last season but that’s hardly a ringing endorsement.
    Now the novelty is wearing off, he’s becoming poorer and poorer.

I think he is a viable option in the squad but he shouldn’t be playing every single week. Plus, I think Youan is better on the left and would like him back there.

Coaching Staff
    So did I but my comment was he came the closest to scoring for us, in my opinion it wasn't a sitter.

Youan was dreadful at times but anything of note that Hibs did all night came from him
    I agree Scoopy, but Youan is a very selfish player in that he really needs to understand that when he picks up and collects it’s imperative he doesn’t lose possession and put a two man deep midfield under immediate pressure - he’s better running off and in behind and as you say, he created when he did that. To play two in midfield (which essentially it is) gave Rangers the freedom of Easter Road tonight. The Bournemouth lad looks a very classy player, he impressed. The space between our front men and midfield is our constant undoing and when you’re conceding like we do, that ain’t changing until the midfield is sorted and is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    You’re never shy in getting a dig in at Jair. Don’t know what your issue is. I can’t agree with anything you say about him. Getting better as the season goes on but like a few more, didn’t have his greatest game. Still one of our better performers tonight imo. Joe Newell and Obita the best two for me.
    1. How am i never shy in getting a dig in at Jair?

2. I have no issue with any Hibs player, I want them all to be successes, That doesn't mean I have to applaud their every move.

3. You thought he was one of our better performers, no point of me continuing that part of the conversation with you.

4. I think he was getting better as the season went on but I think teams are getting wise to him now and are nullifying him quite easily. Thought he was excellent at Dens Park and his goal was a thing of beauty, the best team goal this season. However I think he needs to do more and better.

Agree wholeheartedly regarding Obita, in fact if we don't have a centre half lined up I would maybe use the funds elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Agree. That performance from Levitt is one of the worst I’ve seen in years.

Having read some of the stuff that has been said about Greg Docherty for having a bad game against Hearts, that was even worse from Levitt.
    I cant even bring myself to say Levitt is bad ... that would make it seem like he is worth an opinion. In his 7 or so months here he has shown absolutely nothing to show why a club to whom £300,000 is a substantial transfer fee ... one of the highest we have ever paid ... would have parted with that kind of money for him.

Its not hard to see why a Dundee United team with him in it got relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I cant even bring myself to say Levitt is bad ... that would make it seem like he is worth an opinion. In his 7 or so months here he has shown absolutely nothing to show why a club to whom £300,000 is a substantial transfer fee ... one of the highest we have ever paid ... would have parted with that kind of money for him.

Its not hard to see why a Dundee United team with him in it got relegated.
    I keep thinking he has to be better than what we've seen from him at Hibs, maybe I'm wrong.