hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Maolida

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weird I though he and Emiliano were the two best on the pitch. Some of their touches are top class. I thought Boyle was off it again tonight.
    Maolida gave the ball away far too much first half. Second half was better. Got to score though, really bad miss.

2. Log in to remove the advert

'S' Form
    I’ve got to say I’m surprised at some of the comments saying they thought Maolida was off the pace tonight. I thought some of his touches and built up play were exceptional and a class above most of the other players on show. The header at the back post was a sitter in anyone’s book but that aside I thought he was excellent. He gets better week on week as he builds fitness and is definitely someone we should be looking to sign permanently if at all possible. Would score 20+ in this league if fully fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowhibby95 View Post
    I’ve got to say I’m surprised at some of the comments saying they thought Maolida was off the pace tonight. I thought some of his touches and built up play were exceptional and a class above most of the other players on show. The header at the back post was a sitter in anyone’s book but that aside I thought he was excellent. He gets better week on week as he builds fitness and is definitely someone we should be looking to sign permanently if at all possible. Would score 20+ in this league if fully fit.
    He wasn’t terrible by any stretch but when you know there’s so much more he can offer then your left slightly disappointed.
    I agree with you though, if there’s anything we can do to keep this guy then it needs done.
    Getting him to enjoy his football and maybe a wee cup win might just help persuade him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Should have bagged the winner tonight. Header from the great work out wide by Jordan Obita seemed destined to be that moment. Seemed harder to miss at the time. Need to see it back on tv
    That was Youan who put that great cross in.

This guy is a real player, really hope there is some way of keeping him, very much doubt it though. Very intelligent player, just get the feeling he is always going to produce something.

6 goals and an assist in 845 minutes in the pitch. A good return for the so called laziest player ever. Here's hoping the Black Knight's money can help us keep him.

Great finish for his goal today.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I think he’s more effective than Emiliano and I’d keep him if there was a choice between the two. Think Emiliano is a class above, but he’s yet to translate that into goals and assists.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I think he’s more effective than Emiliano and I’d keep him if there was a choice between the two. Think Emiliano is a class above, but he’s yet to translate that into goals and assists.
    I thought this was a really interesting article -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68517566

I wonder if there's a touch of Marcondes in this. Maybe not, but refreshing to hear a player say that a league just doesn't really suit their style of play.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If we can keep any or the current loan players it's Myziane for me. He's so good.

He's probably the player I've most enjoyed watching since Riordan.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    If we can keep any or the current loan players it's Myziane for me. He's so good.
    He is excellent agree

Think a lot of teams will be after him in the summer.

Rangers, Celtic or some championship teams never mind clubs abroad.

Hes on a big wage, under contract and scoring goals here whilst looking very good. Don’t think we’ll be able to compete unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Think a lot of teams will be after him in the summer.

Rangers, Celtic or some championship teams never mind clubs abroad.

Hes on a big wage, under contract and scoring goals here whilst looking very good. Don’t think we’ll be able to compete unfortunately.
    Exactly where I am. Let's just enjoy him till the end of the season because the guys exceptional. With the Foely deal hopefully we'll get a similar level guy in for next season!

Worth noting that he’s played 3 games in 6 days, scoring in 2 of them, whilst observing Ramadan. Don’t think you can underestimate how difficult that must be. Not bad for someone who is meant to be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    I thought this was a really interesting article -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68517566

I wonder if there's a touch of Marcondes in this. Maybe not, but refreshing to hear a player say that a league just doesn't really suit their style of play.
    Yes I thought Gauld came over really well in this, I mean other players would have blamed Hibs or the manager or some other factor but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Worth noting that he’s played 3 games in 6 days, scoring in 2 of them, whilst observing Ramadan. Don’t think you can underestimate how difficult that must be. Not bad for someone who is meant to be lazy.
    I think we have to assume he was a much different character then, or the coach who said that either has some personal beef or is just an erse. 'Mozy' comes across well in interview and just looks a good honest pro in terms of workrate.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Agree. Out of the two he’s been more impressive imo.

See he got player of the month!! He really is a fabulous player, imagine if we had him from the start of the season!!

We should definitely do everything we can to keep him.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    See he got player of the month!! He really is a fabulous player, imagine if we had him from the start of the season!!

Yasss! Well in, Myziane.

Probably means there's even lass chance, than the already slim one, that he's here next season. Gutting.

Brilliant, although hopefully it's more a beamer for the Hertha boss guy than it is an indictment of how far Scottish football is behind Germany's!

His agent will have the press release written and faxed to top clubs all over Europe already

Either that or telex message - or carrier pigeon

We need Foley’s millions soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member

I can see him ending up at Celtic.

I think Bournemouth will sign him for around £5m and loan him back to Hibs next season. :-)

I would have thought that one or two of the posters that couldn’t get on here quickly enough to write him off on his debut would have had something to say. Maybe they did earlier in the thread.

@hibs.net private member
    He’s the one I’d be looking to get signed permanently. In fact, I’d get him signed permanently ahead of all the other loanees combined.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    He’s the one I’d be looking to get signed permanently. In fact, I’d get him signed permanently ahead of all the other loanees combined.
    Yup, honestly not even close for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    No chance whatsoever.

That sort of quality will not be bedded into our rung of the chain. We might well get great loans from outside the group but they will only be loans.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I can see him ending up at Celtic.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfkz4tyaok

This thread is exactly the type of example why we will always have a small team mentality. Maolida whilst he has been a good striker in that he’s linked well and scored roughly a goal a game,showed a good attitude. Surely this is the bare minimum we should expect up front? Jesus man 🤦*♂️.
    He’s obviously been highly rated in the past and finds himself trying to recapture that interest but a two year deal at hibs will do him no harm. 😝

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    This thread is exactly the type of example why we will always have a small team mentality. Maolida whilst he has been a good striker in that he’s linked well and scored roughly a goal a game,showed a good attitude. Surely this is the bare minimum we should expect up front? Jesus man 🤦*♂️.
    He’s obviously been highly rated in the past and finds himself trying to recapture that interest but a two year deal at hibs will do him no harm. 😝
    Nonsense. The club will be doing all they can to sign him permanently. Don't doubt that for a second. I'd think almost 100% of fans will be hoping it happens as well.

But folk pointing out how difficult it'll be for us to hold on to a player who's won PotM, scored four on the bounce and who's agent will be flaunting him to clubs in the summer doesn't mean we have 'small team mentality'

Just preparing for the inevitable.