hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 211 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When is McKirdy due back? Will be interesting to see if this management team can get more out of him.

We still have McKirdy, JDH and Cadden to return. A couple loans at most next month i reckon.
    He’s back training so hoping he is fit enough to get included in the team soon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    When is McKirdy due back? Will be interesting to see if this management team can get more out of him.

We still have McKirdy, JDH and Cadden to return. A couple loans at most next month i reckon.
    Probably would have been loans but I now expect us to use the Melkersen money to sign players in January.

The manager was hoping they could all be back by January but then it will take a while to get them match fit.

Abit disappointed one way if this is true about melkersen, had hoped to see him back though the money being talked about is fantastic and should help us strengthen the team .

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Is this deal a possibility?
    It's done apparently, according to posters with a good success record.

So the team that Elias was playing for finished 8th in their league - is there that kind of money going about in Norwegian football?

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    So the team that Elias was playing for finished 8th in their league - is there that kind of money going about in Norwegian football?
    Yeah that was my thoughts.

Why would any team offer Hibs more than we paid? No way are we doubling our money on Melkersen off the back of a decent loan spell.

Getting our c£400k back might suit us at the moment if the manager thinks he can find better.

BK is a total gob***** , probably trying to cover his arse in terms of us of overpaying for Melkersen after apparently being recommended by his ‘contact’ at Bodo

1.2m Norwegian krone would be my guess !

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Why would any team offer Hibs more than we paid? No way are we doubling our money on Melkersen off the back of a decent loan spell.

Getting our c£400k back might suit us at the moment if the manager thinks he can find better.
    If they want him and that's what the price is then that's what they would need to pay.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Posted this in another thread. Apparently there is. This table is the details of the current TV deals for countries with leagues similar to ours.

Country - League - Value - TV Company - Population
    Austria Bundesliga €48 million per year Sky Sport Austria 9m
    Denmark Superligaen €30 million per year Discovery Networks 6m
    Norway Eliteserien €120 million per year Norsk Toppfotball 5.5m
    Finland Veikkausliiga €2 million per year MTV3 5.5m
    Ireland Premier Division €3 million per year RTÉ Sport 5m
    Slovakia Fortuna Liga €7.5 million per year Sport1 5.5m
    Sweden Allsvenskan €30 million per year Discovery Networks 10.5m
    Hungary NB I €12 million per year Sport 10m

They get that figure because they show every game live apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    It's done apparently, according to posters with a good success record.
    Surprised at this, I like him and think he'll come good, but no chance we could turn that fee down

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    BK is a total gob***** , probably trying to cover his arse in terms of us of overpaying for Melkersen after apparently being recommended by his ‘contact’ at Bodo

So by your reckoning we are getting just short of 90k for him.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I imagine that Melkersen himself will be very much wanting us to accept the offer (whatever it is). He had a pretty terrible time at Hibs. Hyped up..played out of position in every game except the one where he scored two goals...then not given a game..then shipped out. Must have been a very hard time for him and we know how similar treatment affeted Tavares. He is now back in his home country, playing for a team that picks him and plays him in his correct position and he is scoring goals...why would he want to come back to be 2nd or 3rd or even 4th choice Centre Forward at best ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    If they want him and that's what the price is then that's what they would need to pay.
    Incredible insight there.

hahahaha. Are you ok.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Away and have a lie down ffs.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Incredible insight there.
    It certainly seems obvious but you didn't seem to be aware. Just trying to help.

If we've got £1.2 million for Melkersen that's incredible business and somebody deserves a pay rise. Believe it when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I imagine that Melkersen himself will be very much wanting us to accept the offer (whatever it is). He had a pretty terrible time at Hibs. Hyped up..played out of position in every game except the one where he scored two goals...then not given a game..then shipped out. Must have been a very hard time for him and we know how similar treatment affeted Tavares. He is now back in his home country, playing for a team that picks him and plays him in his correct position and he is scoring goals...why would he want to come back to be 2nd or 3rd or even 4th choice Centre Forward at best ?
    He only played 1 game in his preferred position? I don't think so.

A lot of people insist he's a player but the problem he has is that he looked diabolical a lot of the time and he did actually play quite a bit. Tavares just looked very timid.

He's getting few goals at a low level but I would be really surprised if he'd made it at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    If we've got £1.2 million for Melkersen that's incredible business and somebody deserves a pay rise. Believe it when i see it.
    This.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    The reported fee is perfectly believable. When he was on loan previously, the club he went to had an option to buy him for £1m.

He didn't set the world on fire there so they didn't take up the option, however he's been scoring for his current team and they already know how much we valued him at.

Seen this which says no deal has been done yet though stromsgodset keen on keeping melkersen.
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...shing-28254746

I’d be delighted if we got 1 million+ for Melkersen.

I think he looks like he’s got potential to be a good player and whilst he’s had a good loan I never wanted us to be banking on him coming back a new player and just hoping Montgomery can get the best out of him. Same applies to all the loan players/players previously who were poor.

We need more quality, hopefully moving Melkersen on will allow more quality up top with Vente.

Still plenty more to shift hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Seen this which says no deal has been done yet though stromsgodset keen on keeping melkersen.
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...shing-28254746
    Also

🆕 Hibs are in talks with Strømsgodset over a permanent transfer for Elias Melkersen.

It's understood the club are open to letting the striker go for a seven-figure fee, writes @p_mcpartlin ✍️

➡️ shorturl.at/movD8

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I’d be delighted if we got 1 million+ for Melkersen.

I think he looks like he’s got potential to be a good player and whilst he’s had a good loan I never wanted us to be banking on him coming back a new player and just hoping Montgomery can get the best out of him. Same applies to all the loan players/players previously who were poor.

We need more quality, hopefully moving Melkersen on will allow more quality up top with Vente.

Still plenty more to shift hopefully.
    On the flip side I hope Monty hasn’t been banking on getting him back and using him and we’ve now sold him.

I am sure we’ll reinvest the money though if the deal is done.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    On the flip side I hope Monty hasn’t been banking on getting him back and using him and we’ve now sold him.

I am sure we’ll reinvest the money though if the deal is done.
    I’d be surprised if Monty wasn’t part of any discussion to sell him. While I’d liked to have seen how he’d done playing as part of a two he was still too much of a “project” for want of a better word. I’d prefer us to bring in someone to replace Doidge, a ready made partner for Vente.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Also

🆕 Hibs are in talks with Strømsgodset over a permanent transfer for Elias Melkersen.

It's understood the club are open to letting the striker go for a seven-figure fee, writes @p_mcpartlin ✍️

➡️ shorturl.at/movD8
    Interesting that they sold two attacking players for around 3.6 million in the summer. As much as I liked melkersen as a player I think this will really benefit us if the deal happens , instead of getting one player back it might give Monty the chance to take in 2 or 3 players he wants .

EXCL! Elias Melkersen Hibs £1million fee agreed with Stromsgodset over permanent transfer | @mhendry92

footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by NGoloGrantie View Post
    EXCL! Elias Melkersen Hibs £1million fee agreed with Stromsgodset over permanent transfer | @mhendry92

footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did think as soon as he started playing well back home we wouldn’t see him in a Hibs shirt again.

Wish him all the best and hope he kicks on so we make a further profit from any sell on fee.