hibs.net Messageboard

Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211
Results 6,301 to 6,322 of 6322
    @hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The only thing for me is Van Veen, to me a no brainer. I know people will say we have Vente and Maolida - yes however im not sure Maolida is an out and out striker and Vente has struggled for goals. Van Veen imo would score a variety of goals for us, especially with Marcondes behind him.
    There's no guarantee van veen would be a better goalscorer for us than vente.

He's had one good goalscoring season his entire career and is now in his 30s. Vente has a far battered scoring rate in the league that van veen has been struggling in this season.

I'd back vente to get more goals than him in the next 6 months

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    They’ve been given a chance and looked out their depth, there’s a cup and 4th spot still to play for and the manager would never have been given time to the summer window playing the young guys
    Definitely wouldn’t have been given time by a few folk here 🙄 … he has recognised we don’t have any younger players that can slot in and fly from the off, that are a step above most … if one was, he’s be playing most matches. They need their development managed, and he’s doing that … remember also the vast majority of players who come through youth system will drop down levels. It’s the nature of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    It's really nice of us to spend the next few months helping to develop other teams players instead of our own.
    Dearie me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipHill View Post
    Exactly where I am at with the club. Would far rather youth be given a chance than a constant turnover of loan signings.
    Unfortunately the reality is that quite a lot of Scottish youth aren’t up to the required level. Look at other Scottish squads.

I get the part about loan signings that don’t care but a lot of our loans are up and coming players trying to impress and make a serious career. The feedback from other clubs fans seems positive too with attitude.

Of course we need a strong permanent core but think over time we will see that.

We had too many average players training and not pushing others on.

One thing is for certain Monty now has his own players so folk can’t say he needs time or his own players.

It's really nice of us to spend the next few months helping to develop other teams players instead of our own.
    😂 yip that’s our strategy 😂 🙄😂😂 … is this comment the doomsayer trophy winner of this window … a few running him close mind 😂

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    In sure this board was full of folk greetin due to the amount of 16/17 years olds we had in our squad that had no depth etc etc

Sign about 7 players and folk are still greeting as these very same youngsters will be stifled (for 6 months)

What a load of absolute garbage

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We had absolutely no depth in the squad and now we’re looking much stronger, can’t complain at all. Need the management team to prove they’ve got what it takes now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by cubehindthegoal View Post
    😂 yip that’s our strategy 😂 🙄😂😂 … is this comment the doomsayer trophy winner of this window … a few running him close mind 😂
    Where is the doomsayer in my comment

Just a bit unimpressed we're prioritising other folks youth ahead of ours.

Mon the Hibees 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by cubehindthegoal View Post
    … and what we brought in this window wasn’t either or, it was pretty balanced and strong overall, in fact for a January window was outstanding.
    We need players to hit the ground running, especially at the back, and I'm not sure young boys who are only here a few months with little first team experience will do that.

I'd like to be proven wrong but feels like I've seen this story before

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    He was 16 and 17 in the video, he played 15 games in the second league in France as Sochaux's youngests ever player. Just turned 18 in the summer. Vente, Alf, Boyle, Youan and Maolida will be ahead of him but if the management think he can have an impact I'll wait and see
    Got a mate who is a ST holder at Sunderland and he describes him as “quick with a wicked shot on him. But very raw and half his shots might end up in the forth.” He didn’t say the other half would hit the net but we can hope!

We’re not

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    And you can bet your bottom dollar that if we did just flood the first team with young players then these very.same posters would be the first with the endless crapulent whining when we inevitably got pumped most weeks.
    Endless crapulent whining

I'm going to use that phrase when I next see a particular pal of mine who can be a bit of a moaner.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipHill View Post
    It's not because the club rarely gives youth a chance these days.
    Have you watched Hibs this season?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Have you watched Hibs this season?
    Twice, in the two derbies I'm willing to bet.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    In sure this board was full of folk greetin due to the amount of 16/17 years olds we had in our squad that had no depth etc etc

Sign about 7 players and folk are still greeting as these very same youngsters will be stifled (for 6 months)

What a load of absolute garbage

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Our young guys should be out on loan playing at a suitable level. I've seen nothing to suggest anyone on the bench in recent weeks is good enough to play week in, week out in the SPL.

Game time at a lower league in Scotland will be much better for our young players than sitting on the bench for us and getting the odd minute.

Megwa's loan is a great example - he's gone away, got rave reviews and now genuinely back in contention for a starting spot.

Rudi, Landers, MaCalister, Whittaker etc haven't shown enough imo to suggest they are ready at our level.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Our young guys should be out on loan playing at a suitable level. I've seen nothing to suggest anyone on the bench in recent weeks is good enough to play week in, week out in the SPL.

Game time at a lower league in Scotland will be much better for our young players than sitting on the bench for us and getting the odd minute.

Megwa's loan is a great example - he's gone away, got rave reviews and now genuinely back in contention for a starting spot.

Rudi, Landers, MaCalister, Whittaker etc haven't shown enough imo to suggest they are ready at our level.
    Megwa looks a better bet than Whittaker currently but I wouldn’t even be surprised if he is back out on loan.

Hopefully Australia are knocked out today and we have Miller back next week. Cadden on the way back. And Bevan noted as being comfortable at right back as well.

The young players have played out of necessity, think a few will go out on loan over the next few weeks.

I don't think any of our young players are ready or good enough for the Hibs first team, yet. Just being honest. I've no issue with bringing in youngsters on loan if their attitude is good, they're better than what we have and can impact the first team and get us results. That obviously remains to be seen. People at the club clearly believe that to be the case.

Not sure if it's a good window yet. The lad from Bournemouth does look quality though.

They need to hit the ground running and get us in to the top six. Some hard fixtures coming up.

First Team Breakthrough
    Jeggo, Doidge, Van Veen (people think we shouldve signed)

All lack pace, players were bringing in are quick and more suited to montys 442

It's chance to have a look at players we might want to buy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't think any of our young players are ready or good enough for the Hibs first team, yet. Just being honest. I've no issue with bringing in youngsters on loan if their attitude is good, they're better than what we have and can impact the first team and get us results. That obviously remains to be seen. People at the club clearly believe that to be the case.

Not sure if it's a good window yet. The lad from Bournemouth does look quality though.

They need to hit the ground running and get us in to the top six. Some hard fixtures coming up.
    If nothing else the loans have helped us start the clear out. Doidge, Jeggo, Mckirdy, Melkerson so far with a few others to go in the summer. Whitaker, Rud, Landers have all had a wee go and given them hope going forward.

Hopefully the new boys kick us on

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I think I'll end this now.