hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Recall some info on trains earlier in this thread but not found links when scrolling.

I’ve been using thetrainline app to search for trains between cities. Any reason why I shouldn’t just go ahead and book through there?

Assuming prices will be same, and I can just use digital ticket on that app when time comes?

Thanks in advance
    I’ve not done it for the euros but I’ve used Trainline abroad numerous times with no issues.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I’ve not done it for the euros but I’ve used Trainline abroad numerous times with no issues.
    Thanks all. Trainline it is.

Dixi.. here’s hoping you don’t have an annoying wee hibby on your train if you’re leaving early doors for cologne on the 19th 😉

Quote Originally Posted by kenny-55 View Post
    Driving to Harwich for the ferry on 13th with my son then driving down to Munich early on the 14th fan zone for that game
    Couple of days in Munich then up to Frankfurt for a couple of nights take in a couple of games then drive to cologne for the game on the 19th we have tickets for that one 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 couple of days there then drive to Rotterdam and ferry home on the 22nd hopefully a great road trip 🤞🤞🤞🤞😎
    Sounds amazing. Wish my son liked football - or even Hibs 😉 - brought him along to the odd match with me over a few years (covering a few different teams / managers we’ve had) but he’s told me he’s just not into it.

I’m not jealous like lol. But listen, enjoy it mate, these are the things that matter with your kids 👍

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Thanks all. Trainline it is.

Dixi.. here’s hoping you don’t have an annoying wee hibby on your train if you’re leaving early doors for cologne on the 19th 😉
    I'm travelling early doors on the 18th,(Tue). Spending 2 nights in Berlin so maybe bump into annoying wee hibby😀.

Campervan trip for me, the Mrs and our daughter. Leave on the 19th and going to games 2 and 3. We're SSC members with plenty points so tickets wasn't an issue. Passed on Munich due to the distance for driving and time I could off work. Away for 8 days and can't wait for it

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    We’re debating what to do on the day of the game in Munich. We were thinking about fan park, but also considered the Tartan Troubadour party. Anyone got any other ideas plans they’ve made?
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    We’re debating what to do on the day of the game in Munich. We were thinking about fan park, but also considered the Tartan Troubadour party. Anyone got any other ideas plans they’ve made?
    Personally thinking Marienplatz from early doors. Tram straight to the game. Hopefully get a decent amount of TA there as well. The fan park is too far out for those going to the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post

Going to Hofgarten before the game. It's a big park/garden next to the Residenz München. Apparently quite a few fans heading there for a bit of party and to (hopefully) take in a bit of sunshine.

The Odeonsplatz U-Bahn station is right next to it and the underground takes you straight to the stadium

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I have a Hibs kilt if anyone is interested, it’s 50” wide and 24” long was just recently cleaned. No other accessories with it ie sporran etc. looking for £100

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Personally thinking Marienplatz from early doors. Tram straight to the game. Hopefully get a decent amount of TA there as well. The fan park is too far out for those going to the game imo.
    Marienplatz for us too, will move to the stadium about 6pm-ish.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I have a Hibs kilt if anyone is interested, it’s 50” wide and 24” long was just recently cleaned. No other accessories with it ie sporran etc. looking for £100
    JUST in case fans are not aware do not wear any team memorabilia it’s really not welcomed .

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    JUST in case fans are not aware do not wear any team memorabilia it’s really not welcomed .
    Team kilts are fine and plenty wear them. Some wear team tops but normally "smaller clubs".

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Team kilts are fine and plenty wear them. Some wear team tops but normally "smaller clubs".
    Team colours are not welcome , just saying .
    There might be a few , turn up , with allegiance’s, but it’s just more fun to keep to the Scottish script, otherwise they start behaving like England supporters. 👍

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    This is what I see at Scotland games. Lots of fans wearing club tartan kilts as well as their Scotland tops
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 22-04-2024 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    I’m wearing hibs tee shirts on non match days .I’ll not have some ramdon tell me what or what not to wear

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    I’m wearing hibs tee shirts on non match days .I’ll not have some ramdon tell me what or what not to wear
    Agree nobody can tell you what to wear but personally for me it's a bit odd to wear club merchandise for this sort of thing. Each to their own I suppose though.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    No club colours at Scotland games (kilts being the exception) . Been the uwritten rule for decades and I for one am glad. Why would you wear Hibs gear? We’re all there supporting Scotland, as one as the rugby crowd say. Whilst I get the whole ‘nobody is going to tell me what wear’ line, all it’s going to do is cause grief. It’s not in the spirit of things IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Agree nobody can tell you what to wear but personally for me it's a bit odd to wear club merchandise for this sort of thing. Each to their own I suppose though.
    I think there will be a lot of folk kicking about in club colours, not so much on match days but throughout the tournament. Not just Scotland fans to be fair. There’ll probably be tens of thousands of folk there from Scotland alone who have never been to a Scotland game and still won’t have been by the time they come home. Just be Scotland tops for me but I don’t think it will be for all.

I'm going with a Raith Rovers, St Johnstone and Panathanaikos fans and I don't think it crossed any of our minds to wear club colours.

It just doesn't seem the time or place for it. I've got 4 Scotland tops and maybe a couple of smarter tops for at night if we decide to go out out.

Each to their own but I'm not mad keen on kicking about in Hibs tops even just on a normal holiday. Even less so when it's potentially divisive with fellow fans of the national team.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm going with a Raith Rovers, St Johnstone and Panathanaikos fans and I don't think it crossed any of our minds to wear club colours.

It just doesn't seem the time or place for it. I've got 4 Scotland tops and maybe a couple of smarter tops for at night if we decide to go out out.

Each to their own but I'm not mad keen on kicking about in Hibs tops even just on a normal holiday. Even less so when it's potentially divisive with fellow fans of the national team.
    I do like a Hibs top for kicking around at the beach and pool. But I haven’t even considered a Hibs top for June. Got a few Scotland tops and also might take a few plain tops and that will be it…. Well maybe a Denmark top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanging about Marienplatz and then watching the game in a bar. Dont fancy the fan zone, bit far out for after the game.

Our trip is Stuttgart 1 night, Munich 3 Nights, Siegburg (between Cologne and Bonn) 4 nights.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    If anyone has a spare ticket(s) for any non-Scotland games between 15th and 22nd June, drop me a PM. I’m going to try again in the next re-sale but not expecting to be successful.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    If anyone has a spare ticket(s) for any non-Scotland games between 15th and 22nd June, drop me a PM. I’m going to try again in the next re-sale but not expecting to be successful.
    Try for Slovakia v Ukraine. That had the most availability in the last resale. We already had 4 from the ballot and managed to get another 8 tickets in the resale.

@hibs.net private member
    No Scottish referees or other officials are going to Germany!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Try for Slovakia v Ukraine. That had the most availability in the last resale. We already had 4 from the ballot and managed to get another 8 tickets in the resale.

That’s good going! I didn’t get into the resale portal until around 30 mins after I opened the last time and this was one of the games I was trying for. Fingers crossed for next time.

As others have said you're entitled to wear what you but you can expect a bit stick. Fans who regularly follow Scotland just don't (generally) wear club gear. It has kept the Scotland support fairly harmonious over the years but club colours inevitably lead to potential flashpoints. If I'm following Scotland I don't want to Celtic/Hun tops everywhere.

Will you be the one giving me stick ?.
    what’s your view on St Andrew cross flags with club crests on them ? To me that’s more like our southern neighbours than wearing a tee shirt on non match days

Will you be the one giving me stick ?.
    what’s your view on St Andrew cross flags with club crests on them ? To me that’s more like our southern neighbours than wearing a tee shirt on non match days
    Just a bit friendly advice. Club crests should be nowhere near saltires at a Scotland game imo.

At least we agree on something

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    someone tell that jambo that's had his maro*n flag lying over the wall at recent Scotland games at Hampden to gtf

don't mind different coloured saltires at club grounds but not club colours at Scotland games

should be a rule about it

rant over