hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Joe Newell

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on! You can't compare Boyle and Newell on goal stats 😂

That is not Newell's job in this team. Half the season he's been fire fighting in midfield trying to do his job, another midfielders job, and half of Dylan Levitt's job!

Honest to god, without Joe Newell we'd be fighting relegation this season. He's the only player that always gives his all. Is he a world beater? No. Is an excellent Spl midfielder? Absolutely yes. He'd play in every other teams midfield bar the cheeks.

Hearts and Aberdeen would love to have him.

You think we have no other players that always give their all?

Some may not be very good, but that’s not a brush to tar all the other players with. Some of them, absolutely. But not all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Sometimes this site has me shaking my head with disbelief. Newell deservedly won player of the season last term and has certainly been one of our best this term.
    Sure he had a shakey start at Hibs when played on left wing but as soon as moved into CM started to look the part and has grown steadily into one of our best players since then.
    Of vourse we'd all like him to score more often but you could say that for just about any player.
    He is consistent enough in his qualities - great passer, strong in the challenge and not afraid of the physical side, intelligent player who has grown to love life at ER and shown leadership qualities such that noone argued when he was handed the armband this season.
    Sure he has the occasional off day but what player doesn't?
    Why some feel the need to pick holes is beyond me.
    Felt similarly coming on to this thread as Newell has consistently been very good for a couple of years now, carrying the team at times. Of course he doesn't have absolutely everything but he has a hell of a lot. It's a bit of a cliche but if he was quicker and scored more goals he would simply not be at Hibs in his prime years - in fact I would love to know where we're going to unearth a midfielder who can run, control the game, battle, create, score goals consistently etc. There isn't a better central midfielder outside of the OF IMO and we will sorely miss him when he's gone.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    You think we have no other players that always give their all?

Some may not be very good, but that’s not a brush to tar all the other players with. Some of them, absolutely. But not all.
    No, I think we have others that do their best as well. Rocky, Fish, Marshall, Vente, but Joe is probably the most consistent of them all.