hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    The Rangers unconvincing in their 1-0 win over Motherwell

Motherwell should have got at least a point

Slattery looked a driving force in midfield

Tavernier outmuscled outside his own box

Verdict: free kick to The Rangers
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 25-09-2023 at 08:28 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought the offside in the hearts game was difficult to tell from the terrible angle they have but the goal when the guy slips it under the keeper after out muscling the defender is never a foul in a million years.
    Agreed. You can see the Hearts players reaction is one of 'I f***ed up'.

For the offside, I fail to see the clear and obvious error for VAR step in

@hibs.net private member
    Surprised no one has criticised the Hearts goalie at the goal. Should have done better. Marshall would have been hammered on here.

Maybe Craig Gordon's extra points have begun to hurt them.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    St Mirren flying some good players

Should have won 3-0 easy

Gogic a standout

Don’t know why the Hearts #2 doesn’t clear the cross into the box for Ryan Strain’s tap in at the far post

Never a foul for the St Mirren second

VAR showed the highest line as maroon which meant the St Mirren scorer onside for the third and it took them 3.40 minutes to arrive at the wrong decision

The game’s a bogey I tell ye !
    The lines are blue and red, they don't change for the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Agreed. You can see the Hearts players reaction is one of 'I f***ed up'.

For the offside, I fail to see the clear and obvious error for VAR step in
    Scotland almost needs a different rule for offside. In England - once past the initial 'goal disallowed by a toenail' element of things - offside is cut and dry. Up here the camera angles we're saddled with are so pish that it's fairly common the technology can't give a definitive answer.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Sportsound (Mikey Stewart) especially slating the ref for sending off McInnes and sportscene suggesting the same,WTF?

Are they saying that it’s ok for managers to interfere with play irrespective of whether the ball went out or not? From the footage it was inconclusive whether the ball had crossed the line. The ref had every right to send him off?

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Sportsound (Mikey Stewart) especially slating the ref for sending off McInnes and sportscene suggesting the same,WTF?

Are they saying that it’s ok for managers to interfere with play irrespective of whether the ball went out or not? From the footage it was inconclusive whether the ball had crossed the line. The ref had every right to send him off?
    I was thinking the exact same, McInnes should know better, ball is live until an official determines otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    The lines are blue and red, they don't change for the teams.
    👍

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post

He didn’t have every right. He had to. Thems the laws. He entered the field of play during the game.
    Last edited by greenlex; 25-09-2023 at 03:26 PM.

this is the problem with our current pundits - if that had been Johnson or Monty, pretty sure they would have reframed it as "he should have known better / ref had no option". they're so selective in how they frame incidents. Porto was a prime example, any time he went to ground after being challenged he was accused of diving, if its the rangers, they reframe it as contact was made and he had a right to go down / make the ref make a decision. sickens me!

on the plus side, they were quite complimentary about our attacking play for once!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post

on the plus side, they were quite complimentary about our attacking play for once!
    You could tell they were spewing having to admit it though, esp Thompson

They were complimentary but only after laying a lot of emphasis on what the claimed was poor defending by StJ. "Look how bad they were, look how bad they were, look how bad they were, but Hibs were good.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thought Lee McCulloch looked and sounded like someone trying hard to seem intelligent.

Unsuccessfully.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Thought Lee McCulloch looked and sounded like someone trying hard to seem intelligent.

Unsuccessfully.
    Michael Stewart starting to go that way as well

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Michael Stewart starting to go that way as well
    Agree Billy. Used to like Michael as a pundit… don’t know if he got bored or it’s the company he keeps on these shows, but now seems to enjoy acting the tit a bit more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Agree Billy. Used to like Michael as a pundit… don’t know if he got bored or it’s the company he keeps on these shows, but now seems to enjoy acting the tit a bit more.
    Stewart's problem is he never admits he's wrong, even when there's outstanding evidence to prove his error. Instead he just keeps on digging and looking like a dick!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Stewart's problem is he never admits he's wrong, even when there's outstanding evidence to prove his error. Instead he just keeps on digging and looking like a dick!
    Seems to have had his wings clipped after comments made about The Rangers in a game against his beloved Hearts and is now towing the party line

@hibs.net private member
    On last again....

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    On last again....
    For once, the result deserves that but, yes, we'd be on last if we'd won 8-0.

Not that I've seen it because it's not on iPlayer yet. Nae rush, BBC Scotland, it's not like it's our national sport or anything.
    Last edited by Glory Lurker; 30-09-2023 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    On last again....
    Tbf on this occasion a 0-0 isn't box office

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Well from what I’ve read on here and heard on the radio you’d be forgiven for thinking hearts didn’t have a single yellow card in the first half and Hibs were making up the numbers instead of actually having some dangerous attacking moments.

Will fish was booked, totally inconsequential as it stands, and that was highlighted.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Well from what I’ve read on here and heard on the radio you’d be forgiven for thinking hearts didn’t have a single yellow card in the first half and Hibs were making up the numbers instead of actually having some dangerous attacking moments.

Will fish was booked, totally inconsequential as it stands, and that was highlighted.
    Absolutely no idea how Vargas wasn't booked. 37 fouls without a booking.

Are they going to show the highlights again at the end of the programme?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Absolutely no idea how Vargas wasn't booked. 37 fouls without a booking.
    Yup, he should have been.

they didn't show a really nasty tackle of Joe, didn't show our VAR handball, or a passage in the second half when we had a number of blocked shots and were really pushing. first half we had a few attacks early on where Boyle got in behind also but didn't show it.

really biased once again in the words of Keegan I'll love it, just love it when we beat them!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    they didn't show a really nasty tackle of Joe, didn't show our VAR handball, or a passage in the second half when we had a number of blocked shots and were really pushing. first half we had a few attacks early on where Boyle got in behind also but didn't show it.

really biased once again in the words of Keegan I'll love it, just love it when we beat them!
    The tackle on Joe from Shankland should have went to VAR - Shankland is a wee coward of a player and for me that was cynical and to injure JN - Joe should have stayed down but was up on his feet quick. Shankland is a wee coward of a player and refs need to clamp down on him 👍

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    The tackle on Joe from Shankland should have went to VAR - Shankland is a wee coward of a player and for me that was cynical and to injure JN - Joe should have stayed down but was up on his feet quick. Shankland is a wee coward of a player and refs need to clamp down on him ��
    was shankland playing today???? cant say i notced the best striker in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Dreadful, really dreadful editing of a game. Those yam b#@£&%#s had two yellow cards in the first 10 min of the game, nothing shown by bbc. Would have been good for people like me that weren't at the game to have seen just what was going on. We supposedly had a shout for a penalty, not by the highlights though, showed their shout though. Why was Sibbik not booked for simulation ?
    On a second note, we should sign Sibbick, after all, he did set up Youan for 2 goals within 90 seconds, more than any hibs player did.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Dreadful, really dreadful editing of a game. Those yam b#@£&%#s had two yellow cards in the first 10 min of the game, nothing shown by bbc. Would have been good for people like me that weren't at the game to have seen just what was going on. We supposedly had a shout for a penalty, not by the highlights though, showed their shout though. Why was Sibbik not booked for simulation ?
    On a second note, we should sign Sibbick, after all, he did set up Youan for 2 goals within 90 seconds, more than any hibs player did.
    Very odd highlighting the Fish yellow. Shanklands yellow should have been highlighted as should have both handball claims

Who will finish highest in the League?

‘Hearts’

Neil McCann without hesitation

No surprise there then

I would love it just love it

Don’t know how Vargas never got booked 4 fouls that would normally merit at least a talking to and a card

Showed Fish’s booking ignored Devlin and Shankland’s the penalty claim the stramash in the Hearts box and made us out to be the villains

Joke of a show

Was hoping to see Michael Stewart’s sour pus

Sky Sports missed out big time probably the best game of the day in the UK
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 08-10-2023 at 06:28 AM.