hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Sportscene 2023-24

Rubezic’s elbow to Youan’s face not deemed worthy of showing in the recorded highlights or discussion in the Studio?

Brilliant save from Marsh at 0-0

Good to see Eddie May back on the bench

In fairness Neil McCann was full of praise for SDG and the boys

Lots of time spent discussing how The Rangers and Hearts managed to get beat

Deal with it

Hearts v Aberdeen in two weeks time the first El Sackio of the season ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubezic’s elbow to Youan’s face not deemed worthy of showing in the recorded highlights or discussion in the Studio?

Brilliant save from Marsh at 0-0

Good to see Eddie May back on the bench

In fairness Neil McCann was full of praise for SDG and the boys

Lots of time spent discussing how The Rangers and Hearts managed to get beat

Deal with it

Hearts v Aberdeen in two weeks time the first El Sackio of the season ?
    No mention of Duks dive either. Do we think it would have been ignored had it been Martin Boyle?

Was awful. A 1-0 Hearts loss on before Hibs vs Aberdeen with 2 goals?

Commentator didn’t want to admit Duk dived, didn’t look at potential red card.

The Jambo producer doesn’t exactly try to hide his leanings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    Was awful. A 1-0 Hearts loss on before Hibs vs Aberdeen with 2 goals?

Commentator didn’t want to admit Duk dived, didn’t look at potential red card.

The Jambo producer doesn’t exactly try to hide his leanings

The ref clearly pointed for a goal kick but Jambo fud Mitchell was desperate for it to be a penalty and called it as such saying ref had given.

Never even corrected himself and was gutted it wasn’t given.

He tipifies the Jambo bias on the programme.

Wee McCann made a tit of himself re The The’s disallowed goal and Boyces headlock and drag down on McGinn to get him sent off

I saw Naismith’s post-match interview. What an inspiring character he is.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Dull as dishwater ah and actually comes across as being really thick

Booby Robson was even less inspiring

‘ Don’t worry it’ll be alright ‘

Aye right !

So is he this weeks manager, will it be Frankie boy next week #confused.com

We played pish. We’ve been playing pish most games. We’ve told the players that. They didn’t stop playing pish.

Paraphrasing, but that’s basically what he said on Sportscene. Not his fault, just the players.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Just as **** and lazy as it was last year. And the year before. And the year before.

I know we mocked the big iPad but at least it was an attempt at some actual analysis.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    The ref clearly pointed for a goal kick but Jambo fud Mitchell was desperate for it to be a penalty and called it as such saying ref had given.

Wee McCann made a tit of himself re The The’s disallowed goal and Boyces headlock and drag down on McGinn to get him sent off

McCann's take on the disallowed Hun goal was hilarious, a clear foul on the Sellic player and once he had had the rules explained to him then changes his take on it to say he knew the rule that made the challenge a foul, but that he doesn't agree with the rule .. what a tool

The commentary on the Motherwell goal was weird as well. Rather than praising VAR I would have been far more concerned that a lino who was dead in line failed to see that the scorer was about a yard onside when the pass was made, but no mention was made of it.

As for not even showing the assault on Youan in the Hibs highlights, just bizarre, it should have been a huge talking point.

Oh, and as for Mulgrew ..... jeezo I've seen dead stuff on the road on my way to work with more personality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

Glad you noticed that re the 'penalty' claim. That idiot Mitchell was the only person who thought the ref pointed to the spot, even as the ref turned away to run up field.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    It's bare minimum effort stuff most weeks, it's a very poor advert for the game.

Little wonder that more and more people are turning towards fan-made content like podcasts and YouTube video

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    It's bare minimum effort stuff most weeks, it's a very poor advert for the game.

Little wonder that more and more people are turning towards fan-made content like podcasts and YouTube video
    Agreed.

I watched it for the first time in ages last night (just to see Hearts getting gubbed) and it didn't take long for me to remember exactly why I don't watch it.

Terrible commentary and editing of the games, dull and clueless 'pundits' and a general feeling that BBC Scotland are just going through the motions to justify their contract to show highlights on cooncil telly.

BBC Scotland should consider outsourcing the programme to an independent production company who could give it a much needed revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Agreed.

I watched it for the first time in ages last night (just to see Hearts getting gubbed) and it didn't take long for me to remember exactly why I don't watch it.

Terrible commentary and editing of the games, dull and clueless 'pundits' and a general feeling that BBC Scotland are just going through the motions to justify their contract to show highlights on cooncil telly.

BBC Scotland should consider outsourcing the programme to an independent production company who could give it a much needed revamp.
    If you gave the cash to the various yt podcasters from every club and allowed them to produce a show it would be way better.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Agreed.

I’m the same. First time I’ve watched the whole programme through for years, really only to see the Huns n Hertz games.😂 What a poor tired show. The overdubbed commentary totally killed any atmosphere from the stadiums, and the presentation and pundits were dire. Another negative is that even though they missed big issues from our match, some of the howlers from the officials in the other games were laughable.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Glad you noticed that re the 'penalty' claim. That idiot Mitchell was the only person who thought the ref pointed to the spot, even as the ref turned away to run up field.
    I thought he booked miller at the time? 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Then tried to make out this was still the case - daftie doubling down.

That said, his multitudinous pronunciations of Youan were even more ridiculous. Yooo-han. Johan. There's nae h in his name...its like Ewan but with a French accent, it's no hard. Bad as Barrie Wilkins and Delferriere 🙈🤣

If people don't like Sportscene so much then why watch it? Plenty of highlights on YouTube. If viewing figures go down then maybe they will invest more money to improve the product

Said it before on here but for me one of the biggest turn offs is the way the sound is so muffled, I'm guessing because they use whatever is recorded at the ground rather than the expense of additional audio recording (I'm not technical 😂). It's quite an achievement to make some of our biggest games sound like they were played underwater with about 10 folk there. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but it takes away from the whole production IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Monktonhall 7 View Post
    I’m the same. First time I’ve watched the whole programme through for years, really only to see the Huns n Hertz games.😂 What a poor tired show. The overdubbed commentary totally killed any atmosphere from the stadiums, and the presentation and pundits were dire. Another negative is that even though they missed big issues from our match, some of the howlers from the officials in the other games were laughable.
    You can't argue with any of this. Hell, even with folk sitting in chairs in a tiny studio taking turn about to talk they still managed to cut to a camera as it was panning for the next shot ... this must be where new guys go to learn the ropes because nobody cares if they screw up.
    One thing the show did highlight in stark reality is how the Uglies have absolutely killed their derby stone dead with their spat over away fans ... no matter how unpalatable the pish that fueled it's atmosphere, without it it's just another game no matter how much the programme tried to bum it up.

I can think of at least two You Tubers I watch who do films about Scottish football who have bags of personality and project far more enthusiasm and positivity about our game than 90% of the dolts they have on Sportscene, be that presenters or pundits.
    One of them is a Scottish lad and the other a young English guy who lives in Scotland and who seems far more clued in about Scottish football than they appear to be. He can make our game seem more exciting and interesting and makes far more entertaining content than the BBC with nothing more than a mobile phone and production facilities that probably consist of a laptop and a couple of cables.

The only folk I would keep are Michael Stewart ( though even he seems to have been affected by the malaise around the show ) James McFadden, who I quite like on coverage of the championship games and big Marv when they have him on.

But I mean jeezo .. you know it's bad when an American working for a TV channel nobody has ever heard of was a better commentator and more clued in about both teams than what we get on Sportscene's coverage.

This show needs an absolutely massive revamp with new blood, new production facilities and an injection of enthusiasm that doesn't make the show look and sound like an hour long advert for over 50s life cover.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    You can't argue with any of this. Hell, even with folk sitting in chairs in a tiny studio taking turn about to talk they still managed to cut to a camera as it was panning for the next shot ... this must be where new guys go to learn the ropes because nobody cares if they screw up.
    One thing the show did highlight in stark reality is how the Uglies have absolutely killed their derby stone dead with their spat over away fans ... no matter how unpalatable the pish that fueled it's atmosphere, without it it's just another game no matter how much the programme tried to bum it up.

I can think of at least two You Tubers I watch who do films about Scottish football who have bags of personality and project far more enthusiasm and positivity about our game than 90% of the dolts they have on Sportscene, be that presenters or pundits.
    One of them is a Scottish lad and the other a young English guy who lives in Scotland and who seems far more clued in about Scottish football than they appear to be. He can make our game seem more exciting and interesting and makes far more entertaining content than the BBC with nothing more than a mobile phone and production facilities that probably consist of a laptop and a couple of cables.

The only folk I would keep are Michael Stewart ( though even he seems to have been affected by the malaise around the show ) James McFadden, who I quite like on coverage of the championship games and big Marv when they have him on.

But I mean jeezo .. you know it's bad when an American working for a TV channel nobody has ever heard of was a better commentator and more clued in about both teams than what we get on Sportscene's coverage.

This show needs an absolutely massive revamp with new blood, new production facilities and an injection of enthusiasm that doesn't make the show look and sound like an hour long advert for over 50s life cover.
    Dear God, absolutely 100% spot on !

It's an easy retirement home for our of work footballers, managers and agents, part of the Scottish football gravy train, nobody that works on this or Sportsound will want change as they all could lose the easy income. It's lazy and antiquated and isn't interested in doing any decent analysis, with illiterate fools there to balance out the old firm representative. How the likes of Kenny Miller can be put on they tiny wee sofa as some kind of expert is just taking the piss.

It has always felt that neither BBC Weegie or STV took Scottish football seriously, as if it was all some kind of big joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    It's an easy retirement home for our of work footballers, managers and agents, part of the Scottish football gravy train, nobody that works on this or Sportsound will want change as they all could lose the easy income. It's lazy and antiquated and isn't interested in doing any decent analysis, with illiterate fools there to balance out the old firm representative. How the likes of Kenny Miller can be put on they tiny wee sofa as some kind of expert is just taking the piss.

It has always felt that neither BBC Weegie or STV took Scottish football seriously, as if it was all some kind of big joke.

It’s how they can get so many different “experts” on, all of whom manage to talk without either sounding enthusiastic or add anything worth hearing. There’s zero input that makes you think ‘oh, I never picked up on that’, or analysis that shows you something. It’s all cliches and ‘top top player’ stuff.

Contrast it with MotD for example, the pundits there generally appear like they want to be there and like talking about football, and usually will have at least one bit of analysis per match that demonstrates why a team were successful or indeed unsuccessful - the analysis of Man Utd not feeding the ball to Antony on MotD2 on Sunday evening was insightful about the match and gave indications of how Ten Haag wants to play. Night and day.

I used to prefer listening to journalists like Bob Crampsey or Arthur Montford rather than ex-pros who, by and large, were inarticulate. They're better able to express themselves now like Mikey Stewart but often what comes out is banter and cliched waffle. I am soooo tired of it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    If people don't like Sportscene so much then why watch it? Plenty of highlights on YouTube. If viewing figures go down then maybe they will invest more money to improve the product
    I pay for Sportscene. I reserve the right to moan about it.

FWIW I think you're bang on, I just don't think the BBC give much of a **** about it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I used to prefer listening to journalists like Bob Crampsey or Arthur Montford rather than ex-pros who, by and large, were inarticulate. They're better able to express themselves now like Mikey Stewart but often what comes out is banter and cliched waffle. I am soooo tired of it.

Mickey ( you know you know you know you know you know ) Stewart is the best they have , that's true.

Haven't watched it for a while and was amazed at how disheveled, in fact downright dirty, they all looked. Are they supposed to be casual?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Haven't watched it for a while and was amazed at how disheveled, in fact downright dirty, they all looked. Are they supposed to be casual?
    Not as grubby as the most recent Open Goal with Mulgrew and Halliday. Gie ye the dry boak

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Bring back Crampsey Marjoribanks and Montford with the short back and sides and sports jacket I say