hibs.net Messageboard

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,128 of 1128
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The inventor of the Cuckoo Clock. Don't know his name.
    Cuckoo Clocks come from the Schwarzwald which is in Germany. Common mistake.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Reading this thread from Luzern. On a huge high from last night. An absolutely brilliant result for everyone connected with Hibs.

And if shows why Hibs.net gets on a lot of people's nerves. We are not world beaters. Our players all have faults. Luzern were probably the better team.

But we beat them 5-3. A fantastic whole team effort. Just brilliant.

Can we not all just enjoy it without turning it into a critique of performance or Hanlon or Stevenson or our midfield or if it wasn't for Youan or the jury's still out on Johnson or we need to beat Raith etc etc etc.

Does my head in.
    I'd agree with you. Highs like this result are few and far between so they're worth enjoying to the full. Reality will return all too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    The goal was inexcusable, but I generally thought Hanlon was very very good last night. The majority of his defending in most games is actually quite dominant - decision making rather than physically - and he does have the air of someone using their experience well and looking like a good centre half.The whole problem is that there are those odd moments like last night, no getting away from that, and they happen in more games than should be the case. I don't think it can be argued the majority of his game at present IS good though, can it? He's not past it, finished, a liability or any other of those throwaway lines people chuck at him?
    Would Hanlon and Stevenson get away with gifting goals at any other SPL team ?

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    I genuinely don't know, or can't answer that. Just think that he still carries himself well enough to be seen as someone that is a realistic first choice at this point in time. It's not like we need to be consigning him to youth team duties with Daz just yet.

Stevenson's a different case, as it's pretty much universal that we need to be moving away from him as a left back.

I don't think other SPFL teams would be ditching their left backs in favour of Stevenson, put it that way, but Hanlon would be comfortably good enough for most defences in the league. Do realise plenty think differently, though.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If we give the opposition 70% of possession, and they pummel us with it, it's inevitable that mistakes will happen.

Hanlon was excellent for the vast majority of the game. Would any other SPL centre half have performed to such a high standard?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If we give the opposition 70% of possession, and they pummel us with it, it's inevitable that mistakes will happen.

Hanlon was excellent for the vast majority of the game. Would any other SPL centre half have performed to such a high standard?
    Him and Fish had excellent games, save for Fish twice jumping and missing a corner and then Hanlon wasn't great at their 2nd. But considering we seemed to have a "fire away lads" policy when it came to blocking crosses, they did admirably

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    To make it even better our U17s team beat the Swiss too, so 3-0 tae the Scots and nae tears in his jar. The responses to his tweet are pure Scottish twitter and glorious with it!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Posts like this get on my nerves. It's a forum, people post in real time watching a game and go a bit OTT - so what?

Enjoy the win and your time over there rather than sniping.
    And if a poster makes comments about posts he thinks are OTT - so what?

Enjoy the win rather than having a go at someone.

(cue someone to come along and tell me to enjoy the win rather than criticising 😀)

And if a poster makes comments about posts he thinks are OTT - so what?

Enjoy the win rather than having a go at someone.

(cue someone to come along and tell me to enjoy the win rather than criticising 😀)
    I was only 'having a go' at someone having a go.

This could go on a while ..

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    frick off Frick, your boys took a helluva beating : https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...3TuOeRe1hfNB_4 Loser

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    frick off Frick, your boys took a helluva beating : https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...3TuOeRe1hfNB_4 Loser
    Gonna need a bigger jar to collect those Swiss tears.

We're we that combative? We just didn't let them bully us, they got away with quite a lot over the 2 legs.
    Last edited by 007; 19-08-2023 at 08:21 AM.

Allo Allo Herr Frick.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Love it. Same thing for Scotland National Team beating Spain and Norway recently and the mega Rodri and Odegaard tears (Georgia too). We really seem to rile Europeans up. Maybe it’s because our teams are finally starting to perform and they aren’t liking it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Love it. Same thing for Scotland National Team beating Spain and Norway recently and the mega Rodri and Odegaard tears (Georgia too). We really seem to rile Europeans up. Maybe it’s because our teams are finally starting to perform and they aren’t liking it one bit.
    As my late dad would say about the tippy tappy football why make 35 passes to move forward when one will do,nothing wrong with the long ball game as long you find a team mate. People who come up with these type of comments are really only highlighting their inadequacies.

Gonna need a bigger jar to collect those Swiss tears.

We're we that combative? We just didn't them bully us, they got away with quite a lot over the 2 legs.
    Some ****ing brass neck on him to call us combatative, some of their fouls at ER were minging. A different ref and they'd have been down to 10 at least.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Some ****ing brass neck on him to call us combatative, some of their fouls at ER were minging. A different ref and they'd have been down to 10 at least.
    Agree should have had reds in both games with the Boyle one utterly bizarre refereeing in the second match.

All our other players seem to get away with it every week. 😂

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Desperate stuff. His team are a bunch of cloggers and we stuck 5 past them.