hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: New rules

First Team Breakthrough

New rules

Now we have var, it looks like the offside rule is going to change, the next one as should be a sin bin like rugby for shirt pulling, and again like rugby,stop the clock when play has stopped, anything else!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now we have var, it looks like the offside rule is going to change, the next one as should be a sin bin like rugby for shirt pulling, and again like rugby,stop the clock when play has stopped, anything else!!
    If the huns have not been awarded a penalty for 30 mintutes, stop the game immediatley and award one, even if its half time.

Games would go on a very long time if you stopped play every time it went out. Not sure its a great idea. Would add about 30 minutes to even the most free flowing games.

@hibs.net private member
    Players who wave imaginary cards to get opponents booked should instantly get booked, if its the rangers, hearts or celtc then it should be an automatic red card for those ****ers

@hibs.net private member
    Allowing physios on whilst the ball is in play to attend to
    Injured players. Removed time wasting straight away.

Works in rugby and the physios are in severe danger of being smashed whilst the ball is in play. If rugby can cope with physios on the pitch so can football

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Players who wave imaginary cards to get opponents booked should instantly get booked, if its the rangers, hearts or celtc then it should be an automatic red card for those ****ers
    Thought O'Reilly should have been booked in the game JDH red was overturned for imitating JDH had stamped on the Celtic player . Blatant cheating imo.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Games would go on a very long time if you stopped play every time it went out. Not sure its a great idea. Would add about 30 minutes to even the most free flowing games.
    60 minute games, pausing the clock when it's out of play or it's stopped for an injury would sort so many things out.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    60 minute games, pausing the clock when it's out of play or it's stopped for an injury would sort so many things out.
    I think that's probably the most likely option. Although I'd be quite happy with the world cup way of adding on 10/12 minutes to games if timewasting has been too much.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I think that's probably the most likely option. Although I'd be quite happy with the world cup way of adding on 10/12 minutes to games if timewasting has been too much.
    Players would still roll around trying to waste time.

It would be amazing how quickly players recovered if the clock stopped. Ball boys at Tynecastle wouldn't chuck the ball into the stand. Players wouldn't kick the ball away etc etc.

It's an obvious solution. I have zero idea why they won't implement it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Players would still roll around trying to waste time.

It would be amazing how quickly players recovered if the clock stopped. Ball boys at Tynecastle wouldn't chuck the ball into the stand. Players wouldn't kick the ball away etc etc.

It's an obvious solution. I have zero idea why they won't implement it.
    I agree Dave, it takes all the blatant timewasting out of the equasion.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Been saying this for years, would revolutionise the game for the better.

Last season games in top flight were timed for ball in actual play. Average was about 57 minutes iirc.

If the old firm arent winning then unlimited extra time until they score.

The game clock is the one change I have been looking for for years.

As has been said, it would eliminate so many of the petty little things players (particularly Hearts players) do to slow the game down and wind up opposition fans.

It would also ensure you get ALL the time back for VAR and substitutions - in fact, it probably stops all of the meaningless subs in the last 5 mins as well.

Also, imagine the derby, we are 2-1 up and the whole crowd can see the clock ticking down to zero - we”d all be chanting from 10 down to 1. The atmosphere would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    The game clock is the one change I have been looking for for years.

As has been said, it would eliminate so many of the petty little things players (particularly Hearts players) do to slow the game down and wind up opposition fans.

It would also ensure you get ALL the time back for VAR and substitutions - in fact, it probably stops all of the meaningless subs in the last 5 mins as well.

Also, imagine the derby, we are 2-1 up and the whole crowd can see the clock ticking down to zero - we”d all be chanting from 10 down to 1. The atmosphere would be amazing.
    Could do what Rugby do as when the time is up you kick the ball out the park to finish the game. Also you could keep possession and keep the game going until the opposition get the ball and make the ball dead.

Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post

Rugby doesn’t stop the clock when play stops, it’s only when the rugby referee stops the clock for a specific reason, such as a word with some of the players, or an injury, otherwise the clock continues.