hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 73

Thread: Wimbledon 2023

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tinto Hill
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,085
    Fantastic final in the wheelchair doubles.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I donít think thereís a better football celebration ever in the game.Ē

    Sir Alex Ferguson


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    9,067
    A masterclass from Djokovic well in control so far.

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A masterclass from Djokovic well in control so far.
    He just lost the 2nd set and has just had his service broken twice in the 3rd.
    Last edited by ekhibee; 16-07-2023 at 04:03 PM.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    56
    Posts
    12,929
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    And then disappeared for 7 minutes......

    Again.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  6. #35
    I was wondering whether an extended toilet break, feigning injury or the 'magic bottle' would come first.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  7. #36
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    9,067
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He just lost the 2nd set and has just had his service broken twice in the 3rd.
    I'm sure I said so far.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Love Alcaraz, but go on Novak
    GOAT without a doubt !

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,899
    Djokovic is severely unlikeable. Think he will win now but hope not.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    56
    Posts
    12,929
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love Alcaraz, but go on Novak
    GOAT without a doubt !
    He'll never be the goat for me.

    Too many suspicious breaks/injuries at crucial times.

    Just can't take to him
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,688
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll never be the goat for me.

    Too many suspicious breaks/injuries at crucial times.

    Just can't take to him
    100%


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #41
    Amazing game of tennis. Really hope Alcaraz wins. Haven't wanted someone to win so much since Murray.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing game of tennis. Really hope Alcaraz wins. Haven't wanted someone to win so much since Murray.

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll never be the goat for me.

    Too many suspicious breaks/injuries at crucial times.

    Just can't take to him
    Lots of people can’t take to him.

    The talent however is undeniable,

    How many others have won more grand slams ?
    Last edited by HNA2; 16-07-2023 at 05:43 PM. Reason: No need for that bit

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tinto Hill
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,085
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lots of people canít take to him.

    The talent however is undeniable,

    How many others have won more grand slams ?
    Doesnít mean you have to like him. Federer was a better winner and a better loser.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I donít think thereís a better football celebration ever in the game.Ē

    Sir Alex Ferguson

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesnít mean you have to like him. Federer was a better winner and a better loser.
    So does that make him the GOAT because he is likeable ?

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,899
    What a game, unbelievable watch. Alcaraz is some talent. Important for Tennis him coming through.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tinto Hill
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,085
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So does that make him the GOAT because he is likeable ?
    I think a lot of people would argue Federer is the GOAT.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I donít think thereís a better football celebration ever in the game.Ē

    Sir Alex Ferguson

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    I know, but I disagree, itís a forum

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a game, unbelievable watch. Alcaraz is some talent. Important for Tennis him coming through.
    Brilliant player, unusual foe a Spaniard, who are brought up as base liners.
    He will dominate in years to come
    Hope Novak has at least one more in him to surpass Rafa

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant player, unusual foe a Spaniard, who are brought up as base liners.
    He will dominate in years to come
    Hope Novak has at least one more in him to surpass Rafa
    Djokovic already ahead of Rafa I thought? 23 to 22 Major wins.

  22. #51
    What a player Alcaraz is . Don't think you'll see anyone hitting so many winners against Djokovic in a grand slam final . He's got a dangerous combination of power and accuracy and his backhand is almost as deadly as his forehand .

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That Alcaraz berrettini match was superb. Alcaraz definitely going to win quite a few majors in his career.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    56
    Posts
    12,929
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think a lot of people would argue Federer is the GOAT.
    He is for me.

    Djokovic will always have a question mark against him
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  25. #54
    Not so sure Tennis has a clear GOAT.

    Nadal is better on Clay than anyone else has ever been on any surface IMO. Roger and Novak probably better all rounders, although suffered less injuries than Rafa.

    Honestly been a pleasure to watch all 3 in their peak years.

    Todays final was exceptional. CA could win many, many titles.

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Djokovic already ahead of Rafa I thought? 23 to 22 Major wins.
    Oops

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not so sure Tennis has a clear GOAT.

    Nadal is better on Clay than anyone else has ever been on any surface IMO. Roger and Novak probably better all rounders, although suffered less injuries than Rafa.

    Honestly been a pleasure to watch all 3 in their peak years.

    Todays final was exceptional. CA could win many, many titles.
    I can only really imagine Sinner competing against Alcaraz in the next few years
    It is almost unbelievable that CA has only played on grass 4 times, yet beats Novak to win Wimbledon
    The lad is exceptional

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tinto Hill
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,085
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, but I disagree, itís a forum
    For me for a sport like tennis itís not just down to numbers, but like you say itís a forum where we all have opinions!
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I donít think thereís a better football celebration ever in the game.Ē

    Sir Alex Ferguson

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is for me.

    Djokovic will always have a question mark against him

    What question mark ?
    Was anything said before COVID, genuine question ?

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me for a sport like tennis itís not just down to numbers, but like you say itís a forum where we all have opinions!

    Guys like Connors, McEnroe, Nastase weíre not exactly likeable
    They were all numbers 1s in tennis for a reason.
    They had a will to win which lesser players couldnít match
    Itís a very hard sport to reach the pinnacle

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    65
    Posts
    19,341
    Great to see the tide turning at last. Could Alcaraz be the one to equal Laver's record?

    Sinner and Rune will keep improving too. Exciting times ahead.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)