hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Gordon 24

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The weekend saw a large number of fans, staff and players get together to do something good. Block Seven played their part and deserve credit for that. The weekend was mostly about raising funds for developing further services for the community but everything that HCF do is about bringing fans closer to the club and creating friendships and networks it the communities it is part of. Indecently Boyler and Newell both attended, spoke to fans, conducted themselves brilliantly and gave lots of time to kids for autographs, as did the bulk of the first team squad who also supported Block Seven when they played. This really isn't the thread for discussing the rights and wrongs of obscuring identity, drink driving and what is Hibs class if it exists. One thing is sure that questioning what other fans do to protect their identity after they have done their bit for the club and foundation isn't Hibs class and neither is responding and bickering about it.
    Nail on head

2. Log in to remove the advert

The weekend saw a large number of fans, staff and players get together to do something good. Block Seven played their part and deserve credit for that. The weekend was mostly about raising funds for developing further services for the community but everything that HCF do is about bringing fans closer to the club and creating friendships and networks it the communities it is part of. Indecently Boyler and Newell both attended, spoke to fans, conducted themselves brilliantly and gave lots of time to kids for autographs, as did the bulk of the first team squad who also supported Block Seven when they played. This really isn't the thread for discussing the rights and wrongs of obscuring identity, drink driving and what is Hibs class if it exists. One thing is sure that questioning what other fans do to protect their identity after they have done their bit for the club and foundation isn't Hibs class and neither is responding and bickering about it.
    👏👏

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Mrs Gordon was there both days and helped on one of the stalls, Ben K put in a huge shift, He played a good few hours and was working away a fair chunk of the 24 hours. If you like winning mentality then just look at how Ben and LJ played. They both didn't like losing but were gracious and human. Maybe I am just sleep deprived but the feeling around Hibs in the last couple of days down at East Mains not forgetting the biggest Girls tourney in Scotland on top has been just brilliant. They are simply good people

thanks for this

Fair enough, probably not the time or place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    The club will hopefully put out a gallery of my images from the weekend this afternoon and link to a bigger gallery. If you are interested you can get an earlier look here. Feel free to download if you want and feel even more free to like me on twitter and facebook and send a donation to the RG 24. Don't worry Block 7 are not included unless blurred and they have been sent a separate link to a gallery for their images in recognition of their contribution

The club put out a wee video yesterday too
    Last edited by wookie70; 27-06-2023 at 12:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Cringe, must have been too hot for their usual balaclavas.
    Nope, might be 'cringe' but rangers and a few other clubs have ultras that go out looking for fights and are known for attacking a few groups randomly. They blur out their face so that if they're out in public with young ones, ie, children, nephews, cousins etc they don't get attacked.

Sounds mental but one of the Rangers ultra pages likes to brag when they catch other ultras unaware and do them in, simply just protecting themselves from thugs as they're not interested in that side.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Cheers

I hope wherever indecent act Boyle and Newell committed, they at least did so with a sprinkle of panache and Hibs Class 😅

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I hope wherever indecent act Boyle and Newell committed, they at least did so with a sprinkle of panache and Hibs Class 😅
    lol, wish I could blame spell check

Absolutely 100% agree that everyone who donated should get credit for it though there's still the question why they have to conceal there identity by blurring out pictures and wearing balaclavas at times . It's all very sinister and doesn't portray block 7 in a very good light imo .
    It's what ultras do, they are ultras, they are Hibs ultras. You should just accept that and move on.
    Last edited by Brooster; 27-06-2023 at 04:29 PM.

Around 30k raised which is excellent . Well done everyone 👍.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...vealed-4199881

Around 30k raised which is excellent . Well done everyone 👍.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...vealed-4199881
    An excellent amount raised for a great cause. Also great to see they want to arrange it every year, a fitting tribute for Ron's legacy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    An excellent amount raised for a great cause. Also great to see they want to arrange it every year, a fitting tribute for Ron's legacy.
    Agree with that.

I hope they can arrange it between the last game of the season and when pitch work starts and hold it at ER. I think they would get far more players wanting to play on the pitch they watch their heroes on and you could fill all the slots easier and raise more money. More likely to get supporters in too. It may be impossible logistically but it would be even better at ER than HTC.

I'd also love to see a bit of work being done to see if they could get more teams rather than individuals like Block 7 did. We could have a hibs.net team for instance. Also advertise in advance what ex players, coaches etc will be managing teams and playing but perhaps not when. Did those that sign up know they would be in the same team as SDG, Daz, LJ, JM or the CEO, I think the advert was about players managing rather than playing. I could see through the lens how much it meant to those playing against and alongside cup winning heroes etc

As it was, the event was absolutely brilliant and I think for a first time running it far, far more went right than wrong. I'm just greedy though and want to see it get better and bigger and raise even more money and connect club and fans more. We are very lucky with the staff we have at the Foundation. They are a brilliant bunch and I'm sure like nearly everything they have done that this event will flourish.

@hibs.net private member
    More positive coverage of this weekend's events in the Evening News. Some hibs.net members may well feature too

@hibs.net private member
    More positive coverage of this weekend's events in the Evening News. Some hibs.net members may well feature too
    That second photo is simply stunning, the skyline 😵

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    That second photo is simply stunning, the skyline 😵
    It is the sun coming up about 4am

@hibs.net private member
    It is the sun coming up about 4am
    Wow, if thats yours mate some capture 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Wow, if thats yours mate some capture 👍
    All the images are mine. Lovely sunrise, just a pity we never got images of the sun going down. Next year I'm doing the full 24 hours as it was just brilliant to photograph

@hibs.net private member
    All the images are mine. Lovely sunrise, just a pity we never got images of the sun going down. Next year I'm doing the full 24 hours as it was just brilliant to photograph
    Nice one mate 👍

@hibs.net private member
    £32000 and counting raised from the weekend.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Agree with that.

I hope they can arrange it between the last game of the season and when pitch work starts and hold it at ER. I think they would get far more players wanting to play on the pitch they watch their heroes on and you could fill all the slots easier and raise more money. More likely to get supporters in too. It may be impossible logistically but it would be even better at ER than HTC.

I'd also love to see a bit of work being done to see if they could get more teams rather than individuals like Block 7 did. We could have a hibs.net team for instance. Also advertise in advance what ex players, coaches etc will be managing teams and playing but perhaps not when. Did those that sign up know they would be in the same team as SDG, Daz, LJ, JM or the CEO, I think the advert was about players managing rather than playing. I could see through the lens how much it meant to those playing against and alongside cup winning heroes etc

As it was, the event was absolutely brilliant and I think for a first time running it far, far more went right than wrong. I'm just greedy though and want to see it get better and bigger and raise even more money and connect club and fans more. We are very lucky with the staff we have at the Foundation. They are a brilliant bunch and I'm sure like nearly everything they have done that this event will flourish.
    You're already doing your bit with posts like this

I've really enjoyed reading about the going's on's and it was especially good to read the stuff from and about Kitt and Ian.

I thought they were likely to be considering selling the club but the way they talk about it is so similar to the way Ron did that I feel much better about the future. Anyone posting anything about them has been purely positive, a far cry to ur thoughts on Ian a year ago!!

I knew nothing about this event until the threads on here. It's posts like yours that make me want to take part next year, so you're already making it bigger!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You're already doing your bit with posts like this

I've really enjoyed reading about the going's on's and it was especially good to read the stuff from and about Kitt and Ian.

I thought they were likely to be considering selling the club but the way they talk about it is so similar to the way Ron did that I feel much better about the future. Anyone posting anything about them has been purely positive, a far cry to ur thoughts on Ian a year ago!!

I knew nothing about this event until the threads on here. It's posts like yours that make me want to take part next year, so you're already making it bigger!!
    Thanks, looks like it will be a yearly event when you read the wording saying it is the inaugural event. I also think the Gordons must have stuck a decent donation in as the justgiving was only around £17K and it mentions something in one of the articles about their support. Hopefully, all the good work done by the Foundation will start to become a bit more mainstream in the support and be almost as important as what happens with the first 11. I have never felt as positive about Hibs as I do at the moment and I haven't really even started to think about the actual 1st team football. Hopefully, you are available next year and can take part.

I think the last quote by Mags in the last link I shared is spot on and I really hope she is correct. - “This has been a pivotal event for our Foundation.”

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Thanks, looks like it will be a yearly event when you read the wording saying it is the inaugural event. I also think the Gordons must have stuck a decent donation in as the justgiving was only around £17K and it mentions something in one of the articles about their support. Hopefully, all the good work done by the Foundation will start to become a bit more mainstream in the support and be almost as important as what happens with the first 11. I have never felt as positive about Hibs as I do at the moment and I haven't really even started to think about the actual 1st team football. Hopefully, you are available next year and can take part.

I think the last quote by Mags in the last link I shared is spot on and I really hope she is correct. - “This has been a pivotal event for our Foundation.”
    I've never paid much attention to the foundation if I'm honest.

One of the only times I did was when we failed t get a shirt sponsor and ended up with them. So it wasn't exactly a positive first impression I had, even though that was no fault of theirs.

I always thought they were too quiet. Other than the odd mention on the club website, most folk wouldn't know they exist, so yeah, things like this can help massively.

As for your positivity, I'm pleased for you. I don't feel it at all, but the interview in the Scotsman with Kitt and Ian helped.

I'll not bother with my thoughts on the first team and transfer window to date, it's not the time or place for it

Not quite accurate. All players paid £15 each to participate which adds a considerable amount to the pot. Utilita and other firms also sponsored the event which brings it up to the £30k quoted.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Not quite accurate. All players paid £15 each to participate which adds a considerable amount to the pot. Utilita and other firms also sponsored the event which brings it up to the £30k quoted.
    We will never know and it doesn't matter but you are right enough about the 15 quids. They would add a decent chunk. Lots of outgoing for pizzas, slides etc though which I would guess we're sponsorship. The 30 odd grand and where it is going is the important bit