hibs.net Messageboard

Page 471 of 501 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,130 of 15002
  1. #14101
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    54
    Posts
    29,767

    2023-24 season non-Hibs games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bloody VAR again . Wish Newcastle would get a 2nd here . These jammy evertonians might just nick one
    If Newcastle donít get all three points this evening Isak will have nightmares about the miss.

    Trawkovski with an off the ball trip because he couldnít keep up with Murphy

    Everton are just a gang


    This is going to be a penalty to Everton

    The anti football team with a chance to get back in it.
    Last edited by Aldo; 02-04-2024 at 08:16 PM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #14102
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Newcastle donít get all three points this evening Isak will have nightmares about the miss.

    Trawkovski with an off the ball trip because he couldnít keep up with Murphy

    Everton are just a gang


    This is going to be a penalty to Everton

    The anti football team with a chance to get back in it.
    Anti football or anti human rights? Everton are the good guys here.

  4. #14103
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    54,122
    Leicester announce a loss of £89.7m for season 2022/23 following a loss of £92.5m the previous season



    dock them several points


    dock Ipswich as well whether they have a loss or not :)

    and Southampton for good measure

  5. #14104
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    54
    Posts
    29,767
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anti football or anti human rights? Everton are the good guys here.
    If you say so!

  6. #14105
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Newcastle donít get all three points this evening Isak will have nightmares about the miss.

    Trawkovski with an off the ball trip because he couldnít keep up with Murphy

    Everton are just a gang


    This is going to be a penalty to Everton

    The anti football team with a chance to get back in it.
    Sad really what kind of team Everton's become . Newcastle should have been out of sight in that one and only themselves to blame unfortunately.

  7. #14106
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    54
    Posts
    29,767

    2023-24 season non-Hibs games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad really what kind of team Everton's become . Newcastle should have been out of sight in that one and only themselves to blame unfortunately.
    Definitely. Not sure what Isak was thinking. Whole goal to aim for and he hit the defender on the line.

    11 first teamers out not helping.

  8. #14107
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad really what kind of team Everton's become . Newcastle should have been out of sight in that one and only themselves to blame unfortunately.
    Certainly sad to see what decades of neglect has done to a wonderful old club. Hopefully the new stadium injects new life into them. Would love nothing more than to see a strong Everton in the Premier league.

    It's also sad to see Newcastle run by that regime, but that's a different story.

  9. #14108
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely. Not sure what Isak was thinking. Whole goal to aim for and he hit the defender on the line.

    11 first teamers out not helping.
    Unlike Isak who's been excellent this season.

    Injuries have hindered Newcastle quite badly this season , I don't think there's another club in the premier that's had more .

    Newcastle are moving in the right direction though 👍.

  10. #14109
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    54
    Posts
    29,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlike Isak who's been excellent this season.

    Injuries have hindered Newcastle quite badly this season , I don't think there's another club in the premier that's had more .

    Newcastle are moving in the right direction though .
    Heís had an outstanding season and heís delivered. Hope they can hold onto him.

    Donít think there is but Heay thatís what happens.

    They are but they may need to bring in a CH given the long term injuries to Botman and Lacelles.

  11. #14110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly sad to see what decades of neglect has done to a wonderful old club. Hopefully the new stadium injects new life into them. Would love nothing more than to see a strong Everton in the Premier league.

    It's also sad to see Newcastle run by that regime, but that's a different story.
    Actually like Everton , big club with tradition though the way they play football is such a shame to see now .

    I've no control over who owns Newcastle and as a fan of them for many years I just continue to want to see them do well and hopefully win a trophy someday . When they do I will celebrate it and nothing else will matter to me . That's purely from a football point of view though .

  12. #14111
    Coaching Staff joe breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Buckhurst Hill, Essex
    Posts
    5,005
    Bournemouth won again

    The are now above Chelsea although Chelsea have a couple of games in hand


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #14112
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    10,640
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bournemouth won again

    The are now above Chelsea although Chelsea have a couple of games in hand


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only 4 points behind West Ham in 7th, and they've played a game less. Won 4 out of their last 5 games in the league and drawn the other, the best record in the entire league outwith Liverpool and Arsenal.

    Very well run club are Bournemouth.

  14. #14113
    Coaching Staff joe breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Buckhurst Hill, Essex
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 4 points behind West Ham in 7th, and they've played a game less. Won 4 out of their last 5 games in the league and drawn the other, the best record in the entire league outwith Liverpool and Arsenal.

    Very well run club are Bournemouth.
    Maybe we can get their manager on a loan deal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #14114
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's Cinema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very strangely written article on the BBC RE Emma Hayes pushing her male opponent.

    Know nothing about the arsenal manager but the language - headline of 'Arsenal manager says Hayes comments irresponsible'. Would a better headline not be Hayes confronts Arsenal manager at FT. 'they initially shook hands before she pushed him away' makes it sound as though he went for her and she protected herself.

    It goes on to bring up past accusations towards him of behaviour on the touchline from another manager.

    Hayes accuses him of 'male aggression' and 'when he is calm we can have a conversation. She pushed him. Going to have a few regrets this morning I think.
    Just read something today that gives more context than the barge from Hayes at FT.

    Apparently the Arsenal manager was booked during the game for an incident where he confronted a Chelsea player. Hayes saying he crossed a line and the yellow should have been red. Its this she's saying she was referring to. Didn't see the game so don't know but it does look like there has to have been a precursor incident earlier.

  16. #14115
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read something today that gives more context than the barge from Hayes at FT.

    Apparently the Arsenal manager was booked during the game for an incident where he confronted a Chelsea player. Hayes saying he crossed a line and the yellow should have been red. Itís this she's saying she was referring to. Didn't see the game so don't know but it does look like there has to have been a precursor incident earlier.
    .
    More on the incident here.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68705202

    The Arsenal manager has previous for his attitude to opponents

  17. #14116
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    54
    Posts
    33,973
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read something today that gives more context than the barge from Hayes at FT.

    Apparently the Arsenal manager was booked during the game for an incident where he confronted a Chelsea player. Hayes saying he crossed a line and the yellow should have been red. Its this she's saying she was referring to. Didn't see the game so don't know but it does look like there has to have been a precursor incident earlier.
    Not sure that's entirely correct. He was booked for the incident with Cuthbert where (according to him) he was telling her there was no multi ball on play because that's what Chelsea wanted.

    If Hayes is using this as a defence for pushing him, it's a flimsy one. I know she is on her way out and to the States but this and her same sex relationships stuff recently have done her no good at all.

  18. #14117
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    40
    Posts
    14,128
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .
    More on the incident here.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68705202

    The Arsenal manager has previous for his attitude to opponents
    The video of it doesnít show what sheís describing.

    You can see the Arsenal manager complaining about the ball, and obviously you canít make out whatís being said, but itís the Chelsea player who goes storming towards the Arsenal manager, not the other way around.

  19. #14118
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The video of it doesnít show what sheís describing.

    You can see the Arsenal manager complaining about the ball, and obviously you canít make out whatís being said, but itís the Chelsea player who goes storming towards the Arsenal manager, not the other way around.
    She knows sheís done wrong and has tried to turn it round with her comments IMO. If the push, not that it was some kind of serious assault or anything, was the other way round it would be front page news with charity groups, MPís and anyone else who fancied chipping in having their say.

  20. #14119
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,980
    Looking at that Aston Villa line up tonight for their visit to Man City I think they've chucked it and are looking to Saturday's game against Brentford.

    Poor show in my opinion.

  21. #14120
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at that Aston Villa line up tonight for their visit to Man City I think they've chucked it and are looking to Saturday's game against Brentford.

    Poor show in my opinion.
    Martinez ill, McGinn suspended and Watkins injured. Donít think there are too many other first picks missing and itís just a case that their squad isnít particularly strong.

  22. #14121
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,980
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Martinez ill, McGinn suspended and Watkins injured. Donít think there are too many other first picks missing and itís just a case that their squad isnít particularly strong.
    When I saw the teams on Flashscore Martinez was listed as a sub, but that has changed now.

    Tielemans should be starting, thought McGinn's suspension had been served.

  23. #14122
    The talent on Man City's bench tonight is unreal .

  24. #14123
    @hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Martinez ill, McGinn suspended and Watkins injured. Donít think there are too many other first picks missing and itís just a case that their squad isnít particularly strong.
    Nah its a pretty janky line-up. Doing ok though. Martinez, Watkins and Mcginn out, Tielemans on the bench, Pau Torres on the bench, Bailey on the bench, Duran, Zaniolo and Iroegunam all second choice players starting ahead of regulars on the bench. Strange line-up

  25. #14124
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    8,292
    That is a rotten wall. Thrown that away there.

  26. #14125
    Very poor from villa there . 2-1 City .

  27. #14126
    3-1 city . Best team in the league imo .

  28. #14127
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    47
    Posts
    32,304
    Villa should get that champions league place ahead of Newcastle and spurs , Sorry i mean Man u and spurs

  29. #14128
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,799
    Foden hat trick. That lad is some player

  30. #14129
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    56
    Posts
    10,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foden hat trick. That lad is some player
    He is fantastic.

    I can't believe there is a question over him playing in the Euros for England.

  31. #14130
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3-1 city . Best team in the league imo .
    Great team, as are arsenal. But this title is going to Anfield

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)